Wednesday 21 August 2019

Orofino and The Bye Bye Al Lerman Blues: Wednesday, August 21st!

I have no respect for people who deliberately try to be weird to attract attention, but if that's who you honestly are, you shouldn't try to "normalize" yourself. -Alicia Witt, actress, singer-songwriter, and pianist (b. 21 Aug 1975) 


Up at just before 8:00 am to creep into the kitchen to put on a cup of cask strength java! Lady Dar was asleep on the couch and I assumed Cactus was already doing laps in the family pool. However, he came out shortly after the percolation had completed itself and poured two cups, one for Donna Florida and one for himself. Gang will go on the desert walk this morning while I shouldare myself into greater flexibility. Once back we'll have brunch, using up overlefts, before we pack up and make for home. Lady Dar has her book club to ready for as she is hosting while Vinnie, Floridian and I will take in Al Lerman at the Dream Café.

Hi Marilyn and Big Molly!

Trust you are both well! I do apologize for not being in touch sooner but haven't had a moment with latest batch of Freeloaders! We drove down to Osoyoos, late on Monday, to begin our two night stay. Had a wonderful time wine-tasting before a delicious lunch at Masala. Wanted to go to Lariana, right on border, but it was closed so we hit Young & Wyse, close bye. Lorraine, lady behind counter told us about Here's The Thing, a recently opened, tiny winery, so we went there next. On our way to Kismet so worked out well. Terrific spot with terrific  wines, extremely reasonably priced. [Had their Cab Franc last night and wished I'd bought a case, so fine it was!] On to Stoneboat, just down the way and another marvellous tasting.

Chloë joined us for lunch at Masala, at 1:00 pm and we had a feast, indeed. I opted for lamb curry, "hot", and I am pleased to report I could stand the heat! Back home for others to lounge around pool while I did my shouldares, on bed, afterwards, doing some of the standing ones in the pool itself, as well as in steam room, so was chuffed. Lady Dar's fab ribs on the bbq and all was more than well for dinner.

Up at just before 8:00 am to creep into the kitchen to put on a cup of cask strength java! Lady Dar was asleep on the couch, [She claims bth Chloë and I snore too, too loudly!], and I assumed Cactus was already doing laps in the family pool. However, he came out shortly after the percolation had completed itself and poured two cups, one for Donna Florida and one for himself. Gang will go on the desert walk this morning while I shouldare myself into greater flexibility. Once back we'll have brunch, using up overlefts, before we pack up and make for home. Lady Dar has her book club to ready for as she is hosting while Vinnie, Floridian and I will take in Al Lerman at the Dream Café.

Must away as I need another shot of café industriale and want to start on my shouldares soon. Fondestos from both Chloë and Lady Dar. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: I'll be sending a couple of other messagios in order to accommodate most of the snapolas I took over the course of your stay! Pics: Sunshine Valley Freeloaders in action!Hi again, Kids! Series starts with Meyer Family Vineyards, then "rout" by The Sisterhood, playing bocce at Township 7, followed by picnic at Nichol. Last batch! Sky hook and arrivederci! Tasting, and more, with Berkeley Freeloaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment