Monday 12 August 2019

Noble Ridge & The Blasted Church Blues: Monday, August 12th!




Hi Patrick.  I heard from Lou that she returned Crawdadies to you instead of me.  Do you still have it?  I would love to borrow it if you do. I am in line at the library but the line is quite long. Thanks.  Dianne Hi Lady Di! Yes, book is here and you are welcome to collect it anytime. Let us know and if we won't be in we'll leave it outside with Duke or Etta! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick. I can swing by tomorrow early afternoon...around 1:30-2 pm. Dianne Thanks Patrick. Easy pickup. Dianne

Hi Carole! I'll be happy to volunteer on Thursday, August 15th. Originally I opted for that date and I thought you had given it to Twyla. Anyway, let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Young Patrizzio, Greetings from Beautiful Saint John. How goes the battle? How is Branko doing? I am not a very religious man, but I do put in my requests every night for desired miracles, favors etc. and have been asking for a recovery for Branco every night since you told me of his fall. Please bring me up to date. Is Peter Cook still playing squash? and do you know how David Haddleton is? I liked David and Barb, his wife. 

I had a visit with Calvin Holoboff a few Saturdays ago. He was here on business, and we went to lunch. We had a nice visit.. Calvin and Marion have been very good friends of mine for many years. Calvin was dropping me off at home and he was off to Quebec City that night. They had 2 sons and I knew that they had concerns for the younger several years ago, so just as we were coming to the end of our visit, I asked how they were doing with Daniel.. Well Pat, Calvin broke down. They lost Daniel at the end of May. We was 29 and had drank himself to death. This had been going on for at least 7 or 8 years, but when they finally got him to a rehab it was too late.. He was rushed to ICU and Calvin and Marion had him taken off life support and he was gone. I have been shaken by this ever since. I don't know how much is common knowledge at the club, so please keep it private, but i was so saddened. They were both such good parents and it has taken a toll on them.

I was to see the orthopedic surgeon 2 weeks ago, and he gave me some hope for a hip replacement, but has to confer with 4 other doctors and check blood work etc, I was hopeful, but I have had low white blood cell count for years.. and it has been 52 the last 2 tests, so that pretty well eliminates the hip. I was shocked at his call as I am still on the cancer watch (CAT scans every 3 months) and i was told before that I could not withstand chemo and hip surgery at the same tome.. I think a respected number for the white count is around 150. I had been operating at about 100 for probably at least 10 years, but now that it has fallen so dramatically it too risky. For emergency surgery they could bring it up but they don't do that for elective. My liver doctor told me a few months ago that it would be very risky for me and extremely bad if I picked up any kind of infection in the ER... Gawd I love this getting old!!!!

A buddy of mine and I went to an antique car show on Saturday.. Beautiful day and some lovely cars. Dave talked to one guy who had repaired the cheap or low end model of a 55 Chev. He has over 90,000. invested in it... I love to look, and dream, but just don't see that kind of drive. I washed my Beemer a little while back and was devastated to see water marks from our dam hard water on the hood and windshield.. Well I met a guy at the show who showed me what I need to get rid of the damage on both areas. I am taking my other car in later today to repair damage I caused when I tried to move a concrete Wall, bill over 1400.00... If I have 20 dollars left over I will get some of the stuff for the Beemer... Thanks for listening to my woes.. and remember to not sweat the little stuff.. and that it is all little stuff.. Cheers my friend.. Bill

​​​​​Hi, Some of you may have heard already but just in case you haven't this is to let you know that Ted Blair died in June this year. He had had cancer for about 20 years but it suddenly took a more aggressive form and he died soon after.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/north-vancouver-bc/edward-blair-8744026

His son, Graeme, wrote to me last week with the news and to invite me to a Celebration of Ted's life. Ted and I were a successful doubles partnership for a while. We used to play ladder matches against each other late on Sunday afternoons and play together on VRC league teams the next evening! He moved out into the Valley and we unfortunately lost touch. He was a tough competitor and a good friend and his son survived one of my economics classes! If any of you are interested in contacting Graeme or finding out more about the Celebration his email is <gabblair@gmail.com>

If you can think of anyone else who you think would like to know please forward this to them too. I seem to remember that Peter Cook and Ted worked together for a while. Cheers N

No comments:

Post a Comment