Saturday 24 August 2019

Jake and The Farmers' Market Goodbye Blues: Saturday, August 24th!

A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind. -John Neal, author and critic (25 Aug 1793-1876)


Hello Donna and Vincenzo! Pleased you are home, safely and soundly, even if studiously ignored by uppity feline! Etta is on her favourite chair, outside on back patio, while Duke is sleeping on our bed, having investigated Lady Dar's packing there! 

I echo her sentiments about having enjoyed your visit immensely. Hip Hip Hooray! Just wanted to send along this album as clock is ticking, as you well know. Must away as I'm off to The Farmers' Market and then to run a number of errands before returning to start on myshouldares! I'm selling 50/50 tickets at The Dream tonight. My last shift until October. Going to be a very busy, busy last few days befoer we follow your tracks to Kelowna! Fondestos from Lady Dar, busy confirming dates with a number of friends we will see in France. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: The Sleepy Cats!

Good Morning everyone. August is slipping away ... where has the summer gone? It was very nice to meet Janine last night at the club. I am getting there but still haven't managed to meet you all. Maybe near the end of September we can get together with the 'Poster Volunteers' for a Saturday or Sunday brunch at the Cafe. Will keep you informed. Following is the schedule that I have so far for September. You know the drill …. fill in your choice and please send it to "reply all". Thanks again for volunteering your time for "live music". 
 
Hi Carole! As I think I mentioned, in an earlier message, we will be away until October 12th so I might be able to fill in a few spots, if not already filled, by the time we are back, in the weeks toward the end of October, if someone can't take a shift already signed up for. Until then, stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hello Farmers' Market Famiglia! Just a quick note to send some of the snapolas that I have taken over the last few weeks and to welcome handsome Silas and his minder, Stephanie, hailing from near Chicago, to Penticton and environs. As I may well have mentioned, Lady Dar and I are winging our way to Vienna and beyond, this coming Thursday, to scope out many of the Farmers' Markets in Europe. This being the case, you won't have me to kick around until mid-October! Nevertheless, I'll be back with a vengeance then so be prepared!! Until then, stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Farmers' Markets, August 10th, 17th and 24th!
 
Hello Patrick wow, long time no hear (also from my side:( ) Happy to read that you will be in Switzerland, even in Zurich, on Saturday, September 28th - and guess what. I am here :) I am really looking forward seeing you after such a long time!!! Great. Of course you will be our guests, plan accordingly. I am about to leave for dinner with Maryam (wife) and her sister who just arrived from Iran. Take care and let me know your time plan, ok? Great to see you again!! Cheers Stefan

Hi lovely Patrick! It's sooooo nice to hear from you! It sounds like that you are doing as fantastic as usual, enjoying your life with your family, lots of friends and visitors! and... Wow! Chloë will be Mama! What a fantastic news! Hope she is doing well. The well-being of motner is the most important during the pregnancy. My life is kind of crazy right now. Where should I start?!?
 

My dad passed away last October and since then I've had to go through hard time. My dad left us peacefully and I could spend last 10 days of his life together. Even so losing my dad hit me much harder than I expected, he was my home, and the only reason I visited Japan. My mom, who is 85, doing well and my sister, (58), lives close to my mom, is living her life only for her dogs.

I went through a terrible depression for about 6 months until June. I've lost 4 more friends to cancer. It was not easy. I needed a some change and input I went to Peru for a Breathwork Treatment, also called a Trauma Release Retreat for women and I have to say, it saved my life. I came back with new hope and willingness to change my life, and am finally out of my "comfort zone". And I'll lose my job at the end of this year (yeah, my boss Stefan, fired me, LOL) and I've just turned 50 this year... Holy Moly, so I decided to "reset" and try to get organized my life.
 

As the part of "de-cluttering" my life - I've been busy letting go of many feelings and things, including my apartment. I won't be able to afford the place from January 2020 so I've just terminated my contract. I am not looking for a new place to live, yet, because I don't know where my new job would be located. I am willing to relocate myself for a job! My contract will be terminated at September 27th, and I'll be in California (SF and LA) for 30 days staying with friends and dog-sitting. When I come back in November I'll use airbnb and move place to place and look for a job. I'll go gypsy, LOL! Will see, Inshallah!

I'd love to host you here in Zurich but I am moving out of my apartment on Sep.27th! If you are looking for place to stay I'm sure Stefan will be here. I might be also around, we can meet up! So looking forward to seeing soon! Love, Nao xox



 

No comments:

Post a Comment