Saturday 17 June 2017

Lily's Red Wing Norfolk Pine Blues: Saturday, June 17th!

Hi Patrizzia! I know the deadline for ordering is June 19th and I plan to select two cases. However, I was wondering if you would mind if I paid you in cash when Sarge arrive on June 29th to Freeload! With the Canadian dollar being as low as it is against your currency I will be dinged by Visa more than it will cost me to buy $US at the bank. If your book-keeping system cannot handle this or you'd simply rather not accept payment this way, I understand. Anyway, let me know and I'll act accordingly. Thanks.

Must away as I'm off to the Farmers' Market, sans Lady Dar, as she is at a Grandmothers for Africa fund-raising event all day. Hello to our favourite Grumpy Wine-maker. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Sure, you are good!! So it will just be the two of you? Make sure you let me know when you will arrive so I can leave the gate open:-):-)...........Grumpy Dave Hi Grumpster! Thanks for being so flexible regarding wine payment. Much appreciated. Yes, it will be just Sarge and I. I'm hoping we will be at your place around 7:00 pm but we'll phone when we are leaving Williams. 

Enjoyed a great evening of pizza and wine at Upper Bench on Friday. The pizza oven is from California and what a beauty! Event was for Wine Club members and for $10 a head we could have all the pizza and wine we could consume. Managed three bottles at our table! While waiting for one of the delish offerings Gavin took Branko and I into the winery itself and showed us the new floor that was being put in when you and Patrizzia were visiting. There is a 3/4", or so, coating of some non-slip, heavy duty super-plastic, (I think!), substance over concrete which is easy to clean and protects concrete. Apparently wine spillage, over time, eats away the concrete. Do you have this problem?

Must away as Branko is preparing us his fabulous omelettes before we drive into Vancouver for two nights. [We will be staying at Flamin's/Sarge's place but they are in San Francisco until this coming Tuesday so we won't see them.] Will attend a Bonnie Raitt concert on Monday evening, then back to Penticton on Tuesday. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Will be in touch next week before we leave just to confirm things. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Chris, pizza chef! Lady Dar's gluten-free pizza! Shana and Gavin in front of new outdoor kitchen counter; orange floor; Lady Dar with other guests. We met the couple last year at UB's Wine Club dinner thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment