Monday 2 September 2019

So Long, Farewell, It's Been Good To Know You, Vienna Blues: Tuesday, September 3rd!

Form follows function. -Louis Sullivan, architect (3 Sep 1856-1924) 

Smoked wild boar meat!
Hi Chloë and the Rest of The Sisterhood! Pleased to hear that you are starting to settle in. Sounded as if move was quite an ordeal, with heat and non-functioning air-conditioner. Pleased you saw Duke and both cats seem to be doing rather well with Dame Judith.

This morning we walked, in the rain, for the Naschmarkt, about fifteen minutes by foot, from our quite centrally, very comfortable VROB near the center of town. A bit like Granville Island but strungThen to the Belvedere to see a number of Klimt's works. As well, viewed more works by Edvard Munch than I've ever seen before. Back to our apartmento for a bite to eat. Must away as food is ready. Fondestos from Lady Dar, Flamin' and Sarge to one and all. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

After lunch I loaded the dishwasher while the rest of the gang had naps! Once the kitchen was tidied, I started on my shouldares and packed away some of my clothes in between various sets. Flamin' and Sarge went out for a stroll when they woke up, refreshed and ready to roll! Lady Dar read and a did a bit of packing herself as we are off, around 9:00 am, tomorrow morning, we hope. Famiglia Sutherland were back around 6:00 pm and decided to go and collect rental car as Sarge really didn't want to drive it after having a few drinks with dinner. They gave me the name of a restaurant they wanted to have dinner at, just around the corner from us so I decided to take a look at the menu and make a reservation, if possible/necessary.

Just as I was leaving the couple who were staying across the hall, came out of their door and we chatted for a bit. Isabel is from Toronto but now lives in Florida. I assume Walter, her husband, is an American. Anyway, I suggested they try Huber's as we had had such a wonderful meal there on Friday. I said I wanted to return to have the rabbit and they were sold on the place as they enjoy rabbit themselves. Waved goodbye to them saying we'd see them in Budapest as they leave for there on Thursday and we'll still be in the city.

Turns out we might see them this evening as restaurant, [if I have correct spot], GMOA Keller, can't take any reservations until 10:00 pm so I assume that will be too, too late for the gang. Anyway, I do want to try the rabbit and have another bottle of the Austrian Syrah! All we need now is the return of Clan Sutherland, although I have no idea where they will be able to park. Parking spots are at a premium, all over Vienna, and wardens are out patrolling with a vengeance until 10:00 pm. One can only park for two hours, [tickets available at tobacconists], and then one is obliged to move to a different spot. The strictly enforced regulations are not in force between 10:00 pm and 9:00 am the following morning and then it starts all over again. Nothing on our short street when I came back. I'll just pour myself another rum and coke and hope for the best!
 

As it turned out, the restaurant I popped into first, Schwemme, was the one Flamin' wanted to try so we ended up there and had a simply fabulous time. The Beef Tatar was delish and even Sarge had to admit it was wonderful. Toddled home and I went to bed but others stayed up to polish off last of bottle of wine opened before dinner. Must away as we are busy packing up for drive to Bratislava and Budapest. Looking forward to drive. Just had a peek at some of your latest snaps and your place looks terrific, Winnipeg Street Goil! Congratulations! Fondestos from Lady Dar/Mom, to one and all. Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio. Pics: Buying smoked meat and olives at Naschmarkt; Belevedere and some of the striking Klimt's; Napoleon; Smilin' but exhausted! Looks like a wonderful trip so far! Tell Nana she is so stylish in her blues that she makes all the others look drab in comparison! Enjoying the last days of my 51 years before tomorrow's toll of the bell rings in a new year!
Chloe's place is indeed wonderful and I'm glad Katie has been so helpful to her and will return next week for more detailing of the new house with Chloe! Love to all! Ayn
Salty waiting for the BBQ to be ready! Patrick James Dunn Whose knees are being grilled? Flamin', Lady Dar and Sarge waiting for the royal carriage at the Belvedere, in Vienna, but a short walk from where we were staying, but they insisted on being driven! Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment