Friday 27 September 2019

Wave Wolfgang Goodbye and Sing The Zürich Hauptbahnhof Blues: Saturday, September 28th!

I have lost all sense of home, having moved about so much. It means to me now--only that place where the books are kept. -John Steinbeck, novelist, Nobel laureate (1902-1968) 


Lady Dar was up just after 7:00 am to have a quick shower so I went downstairs to fetch her tea and "combinate", [Word used by a young woman, from Berlin, I chatted with while we waited for hot water.], my own mixture of espresso and cappucino Instanto! Back upstairs with two slices of tasty poppy seed cake so a good start to out departure at 8:45 am. Drizzling here but supposed to be dry in Zurick. We are to meet Stefano and Maryam at the so-called Meeting Point in the Hauptbahnhof there. Must away to shower and do last minute packing.

Hello Fiona and Heinz! Trust all goes well with you both. We leave for Salzburg this morning. Here is Stefano's phone number so you could call us, Heinz, at some point, if that still suits. I'll send a message to you, Fiona, as soon as we decide what time will prove best to leave Zurich for Bern. Off to do last minute packing. Talk soon. Fondest from Lady Dar to you both and best wishes to Eveline from us. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Kevin and I loved Saltzberg. We too visited the Mozart Museum and it was amazing. Glad to see you are enjoying some great wines. too bad you can't bring them home to stock up your fridge which I am doing my best to empty for you. rest assured that the scotch cabinet is not getting emptied, of course if I drink all the wine fridge there is always a chance that the scotch cabinet gets hit next.  

[Scary bedmate!] Duke seems to be Ok and not limping or hoping today. Etta is enjoying herself as everynigh she sleeps on my stomach. rather hard to get up for a pee as I don't want to distrub her. Such a spoiled cat. Both cats seem to be off pumpkin the last few days so I have cut it out to see if I can get them back onto it in a few days. After all, we can't have the little dears not eating. Everything else is going well at the Burns Bistro. Neighbours have not complained about the huge parties that go on to 2 or 3 in the morning so you should be able to come home to a good reception. all kidding aside, all really is well and I am sure the kitties will be glad when you return, but they will miss me terribly. You may have have cat depression to deal with. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Judi Hi Dame Judith of the Pumpkin Patch! Thanks for speedy reply and snapolas of Etta and Duke. Glad El Diablo seems to have recovered form whatever was causing him to limp/hop.

[She’s not scary!! Just a sleepy yawn!! Love that they are both on the blanket. ❤️❤️] I know that they both seem to go off pumpkin at times so you are probably right to stop serving it for a few days. I assume you know about the wet cat food in the cupboard above the Soda Stream. I alternate it with pumpkin but it is not a big deal either way. I'm sure you'll figure out their manipulative ways! Caught a taxi to train station at around 8:45 am and were there in plenty of time so read on the platform until our train pulled in. We are now very comfortably seated across from each other, separated by a table so can use my laptop quite easily. Countryside is lovely and green with many well-tended farms and fields, gorgeous mountains to the left, west as far as I can determine.
Lady Dar sent a message to Colin with Chloë's number so he said he would give her a shout about coming over to take a look at space in basement for suite. Apparently he had been waiting for Chloë to call him. Wires were crossed, somehow. Anyway, we'll see what we shall see.

I gather from your messages and other weather reports that Penticton has been having a fair bit of rain. Snow for higher elevations as well, I understand. Good thing that we have made arrangements for new winter tires for our car week we are back. 

Have included some snaps of Castle in Prague. Am a bit behind in my photo editing and diary given life on the road. Fondestos from Lady Dar, catching forty winks, to you and Kevin. Stay well and give those felines loads of tough love! I know what you mean about having Etta sleep on your tummy and you captured my own experience to the letter! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Pražský Hrad and time for a rest!
 
Hi Faye! Trust you are well. Greetings from the train to Zurich! Have been in Salzburg for last two days. Caught a taxi to train station at around 8:45 am this morning and were there in plenty of time so read, [A Gentleman in Moscow], on the platform until our train pulled in. We are now very comfortably seated across from each other, separated by a table so can use my laptop quite easily. Countryside is lovely and green with many well-tended farms and fields, gorgeous mountains to the left, west as far as I can determine. Will be in Switzerland for about a week, (Bern as well), before heading to France to stay with friends, near Valence, and then last four days in Paris before flying back to Penticton on October 12th. Left on August 29th so about six weeks on the road. Be great to see you again. Perhaps we can connect when we are next in Portland. We usually stop over there, en route to LA to see Ayn, our two grandsons and now, Olivia Rose, our great-granddaughter! You are always welcome to visit us in the Okanagan. 

Before dinner on Thursday evening then last night with latest jewelry purchases. My supper! Corinne had to watch me eat as she didn't have any Euros left! Cheers, Patrizzio! Faye Powell Great to hear from you. Give my best to Corrine. Your trip sounds wonderful. BTW, A Gentleman in Moscow is my most favorite book of the year. Thanks for the invite to visit you'alll. Maybe someday I can. It's been a long timer since I was in Canada. And I'd love to have you visit next time you are in Portland! Hello

Portland, Singale and Digitale! Trust all goes well with you both. Yes, Prague was very relaxed although still hordes of tourists for "travelers", such as we term ourselves, to contend with! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Fiona, Former Host Daughter, now Host Landlady!Trust you are well. We just arrived in Dietikon to stay with friends, Maryam and Stefano. As it turns out they are in the process of renovating so it is not convenient for us to stay until Monday. Would it be possible to arrive tomorrow to begin our stay with you? [I keep forgetting to say that it is only Corinne and I as Flamin' and Sarge are already back in Vancouver.] If not we can probably stay with Anne Marie and Rudi as they have also offered us "sanctuary". 
 
As well, could you send along your phone number so that we can give you a call, one way or another. Sorry for being so pushy. At any rate, let us know and we'll plan accordingly. Must away as it is time for me to make a salad for dinner and, more importantly, Stefano has just opened a fabulous bottle of Chilean wine, a 2012 Montes Purple Angel, 92% Carmenère, 8% Petit Verdot, 14.5%. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner as Stefano bbq'd salmon steaks and zucchini strips and I made a mixed green salad. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: We took a stroll along Lake Zurich after meting at the train station.

Dear pat! Of course you can come tomorrow. Unfortunately I already made plans for tomorrow during daytime. But I can either have dinner with you tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Here is my phone number. Also a lot of love to you and Corinne! Fiona
 
Dear Corinne, Patrick and Chloë. I don't think I have thanked you properly for hosting Hans and me July and for all great company. Small messages here and there on facebook is not suffice. I have been thinking of our trip every day since, Yes it was a short stay, but we think we managed to get a lot of adventure in those few weeks in Canada. Just the right balance of good company, wilderness on and in the water, hiking and ggod winw and food:-) It was so great reconnecting to you all again, to see your rebuilt house and re-visit Penticton and surroundings. Thank you so much!
After leaving you we had a smooth travel home, and after some days of adjustment to time difference/handling jet lag, work etc was on. But summer wasn't over, and Hans and I continued to participate in several open water swimming events, among others crossing the bay of Aarhus (4,5 kms) , swimming around Danish Parliament (Christiansborg) in the canals of Copenhagen (2000 m, 4000 participants/69 heats!) and the culmination of the OW swimming season was participating in an OW event at Costa Brava, in Cadaques, near Salvador Dalis home town of Portlligat, from where our 4,5 kms swimming started. 
 
Hans and I had a wonderful long weekend there in Spain two weeks ago, felt like 14 days but was only four. The landscape is very exciting, the swimming , too, looking down on the underwater rocks of Costa Brava. Weather was nice and as second time participants we could relax more and put some attention to surroundings, we went kayaking and also a little hike. I can recommend the area, and yes, there are wine yards, as well! Here at home, things are okay with the boys, Peter last year before high school graduation, and working fairly hard, Johan is a year behind, he is mainly occupied with various jobs, night club promotional activities and the like, I don't know when he is doing his home work, but he has not been kicked out of school yet, as of what I know of! He is maturing, but he still needs some support - and patience from my side - compared to Peter.  
 
My family is allright, my mother still very active , she plays golf tournaments in the superveteran division, 70+ yrs, even though she is 80+. While I was in Canada , she took all grandchildren incl. Maya, my stepdaughter, to Faroe Islands for 6 days, they had a great trip. My dad is doing okay, but is weaker his now 82. I hope you are enjoying your visit in South-Eastern Europe, looks like you've picked some very nice Places to visit and are in good company. I have visited Croatia twice whithin the last 6 years, Last year near Split on an Island, always very nice holidays with the kids. 
 
Now autumn is coming here, we have stopped OW swimming and kayaking. Planning next trip to Norway for XC skiing in February. I was lucky, that Hans got very enthusiastic abut XC skiing past winther, so that is one more thing we can do together, that is great. 
Peter and Johan wants to go down hill skiing with school groups in Val Thorens in French Alpes.

I have some pictures from Canada and our recent trip, I will send them eventually, when I have learned to make a smaller format! Lots of love and greetings from Margareta (and from Hans, too, ) Margareta
 
Fiona was waiting for us and after giving Lady Dar a tour of her apartment we sat down to the tasty meal she prepared for us before leaving to stay with her boyfriend, at his apartment.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment