Sunday 1 July 2018

Canada Day and The Black Cat Geranium Boy Blues: Sunday, July 1st!

Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. -George Sand [pen name of Amantine-Aurore-Lucile Dupin], novelist (1 Jul 1804-1876) 

 
Up at 6:30 am, after a pretty solid sleep, to steal into the Summer Kitchen to prepare my breakfast, toast slathered with Nutella, four small packets of which I found in one of the pockets of my large knapsack, purloined from hotel in Brno, as energy snacks while cycling! Tasted wonderful, especially when washed down with my java, laced with ice-cream!

Hi Kids! Snapped these yesterday, [Chloë has very kindly lent me her camera as my poor shutterbug received irreparable damage with my two falls in Poland!],  before we left for Farmers' Market. Duke was waiting for us when we returned! Plan to drink four bottles of Canadian Malt, from Shelter Point, on Vancouver Island, not to mention cases and cases of Naramata wine, to celebrate Canada Day! [In case you are wondering have a prescription from dottore for same!] Chloë is leaving shortly to drive Kid Chelene to the airport. He is off to Germany for about eight days, I think, to a prestigious figure skating judging training session, I believe. As far as I know, he is only Canadian to be invited! 


He is borrowing my large knapsack as all of his are packed away somewhere. [He and his family are waiting for their house to be completed in same development, Sendero Canyon, where Chloë's townhouse is moving along nicely towards completion.] Didn't think my knapsack would be going back to Germany quite so soon. I'm going to give Chloë Ulrike's contact details to pass along to The Kid so if it works out, [I believe training is in Berlin.], they might have a chance to meet and have a brief visit. Hic and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Burns Street Canada Day Mascot! Lady Dar with some of our vendor friends and Nancy and Guillermo, neighbours from down the street.

Hi Salish Sea People! Lovely to hear, most recently, from both Jane and Ross. Thank you for your best wishes even if The Deer Hunter supports The Housewives of Trump's America in their bid to have my road bike exchanged for a walker! Your planned summer road trip sounds terrific, Courtenay Goil, so we both hope you will be able to visit on return leg of your outing. With respect to the Sidney visit, it would be more than a delight but The Marriage Officiant will have to look closely at her busy September wedding schedule before we can commit to a Grand Tour! Thanks, nonetheless, of course. Stay well and take care of each other until next we chat or see each other, face to face. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hello Lady Patrizzia and Sir James! Thank you both for the good wishes. Best wishes, in return, to Lady Patrizzia on her coming dental work. Still have a number of stitches in my upper, inside lip, from first fall in Auschwitz. About three of five have already dissolved but rest seem to be hanging on. Will have to ask my dottore to take a look next time I see him, probably this coming week. Again, thank you all for your kind concern. Must away as I want to have a bit of a lie down while Lady Dar is off to Oasis to pray for my black soul! Take care of each other and stay well until next we chat. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë to you both. Cheers, Tramp/Hobo Extraordinaire Patrizzio!

Enjoyed a visit from Beckster this evening. [You might remember, Dear Reader she is Flamin's/Sarge's daughter-in-law, married to Corey.] She came for dinner, Lady Dar's fabulous home-made pizza with blue-cheese stuffed Belgian endive for appetizers. The Sisterhood enjoyed a Roche Pinot Gris, an Upper Bench Yard Wine red, although Chloë switched to a Tricycle, a low alcohol beer, while I was more than happy with a very, very tangy ginger beer.

After I'd enjoyed a large slice of each of the wonder pizzas, both vegetarian and meat topped, I repaired to the Rumpus Room to continue watching the second season of Marcella, a most compelling, if extremely dark police procedural set in London. We are also watching Absentia, an FBI serial killer drama, another dark, dark Netflix series. Once Mike has finished with most of kitchen demolition I'm planning to ask Norm, extremely handy, (like Andre), neighbour across back lane, to set up one of my Brodie bikes in Rumpus Room so that I can begin to get some regular exercise. Friend, Janet, in Vancouver, gave me a relatively expensive roller fitting, (She never used it!), a number of years ago, for back wheel of bike, which will allow me to use it as a stationary bike. I used a true stationary bike, lent by friends, Josinta and Aarturo, from Summerland, in recovery from 2016 hip replacement surgery, so I'm looking forward to replicating this exercise before I'm ready to actually begin riding a free-standing bicycle.
 

Happy July 4th to all our wonderful, wonderful American friends and relatives. Much love and support in these dark, dark political times. Your Canadian Comrades in the struggle! Onward! Ever Onward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment