Wednesday 25 July 2018

Heavy Rumpus Room Door Blues: Wednesday, July 25th!

The only index by which to judge a government or a way of life is by the quality of the people it acts upon. No matter how noble the objectives of a government, if it blurs decency and kindness, cheapens human life, and breeds ill will and suspicion -- it is an evil government. -Eric Hoffer, philosopher and author (25 Jul 1902-1983) 


Hi Sarge! Thanks again for all the wonderful, wonderful meals. Great to see everyone. On wine front, we have already collected our Black Widow release but still need to do so at Popular Grove and Township 7 so no trouble to stop by and pick up your release. We can store it here until Flamin' is back up in August to grandparent. I gather she has a booking at Burns Street B&B although I can find no record of advance payment, as required, now that kitchen debt is mounting at a more than alarming rate. In any event, let me know if pick-up is still required.

Tell Nicolina that she can return to Burns Street as Lady Dar has re-arranged patio furniture so lounge chair is ready and waiting, along with spray contraption. You might remember that when she was pregnant with Jaxon she just lay in chair with cool spray wafting over her, barking out orders for chilled, non-alcoholic drinks, for almost three weeks, if memory serves me well! Anyway, must away as I have to start on mile-long list of chores Lady Dar pinned to my forehead, to create a matching scar from one I received in Kraków fall, before I was up! Fondestos from Commandant Coriandre to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Childrens' Librarian at Story Time at Sumac Public Library! Birthday snaps, first with Flamin' over-seeing the hapless kitchen help! Duke at the SPCA.

Thanks for the update! So glad that Duke is only suffering minor injuries . So good to have you both with us for past couple of days. M Thanks Pat Corey us going to pick it up on Thursday but if you get the Popular Grove get mine also. I am flying out nextt Thursday the 2nd and staying for 2 nights. I offer one bottle of Popular Grove and cooking of dinner on Friday night for accommodations at Burns St B and B Wayne 

Hi Flamin' and Sarge! Will collect your Popular Grove tomorrow as we didn't have time to go by today. Also have to stop by Township 7. Ran a number of errands, first to Rona as Lady Dar wanted a storage cabinet for patio dining table chairs. Saw a couple of possibilities but not on sale until tomorrow so will argue about which unit to take tonight! Also collected our new microwave and I broke it in making myself a cup of java. Put it on a small round table outside guest bathroom so we are almost a full service kitchen now!

Neighbour Norm, from across back lane, popped over as I told him about our kitchen renovations and he said he'd like to see what was happening. after "grand tour" we sat outside nad chatted. He told us that he heard a cat fight about 8:00 am, Tuesday morning and couldn't believe how loud and long it went on. So much so that he went into lane to see what was going on and saw Duke, on his back, trying to fend off a larger cat, with similar markings to Etta. Thought it might be her until she came to her brother's aid and other cat took off! [Good job Etta!!] Pays to have sibling!!! So, at least we know what actually happened. 

Chloë came home about 6:30 pm and she and Lady Dar headed out to do part of KVR, from top of our street to first small trestle, I believe. Quite warm so I'm sure they'll want a shower before we dine: Swiss chard, salmon burgers and a mixed saladin. Will have to see what Sarge can come up with when he stays next week! Speaking of which, if you tell us what you'd like to bbq we'll pick up food so it will be ready to go. [Do you need to be collected at airport? If so let me know time/flight number so I can keep watching recorded stages of Tour until last minute before heading to YYF!] Thanks for the generous offer but after all the fab meals and hootch we had at your place, this past week, we are more than in your debt, not even mentioning Folk Fest stay! At any rate, I'll see if I can find a bottle or two that we can consume when there are just the three of us! Must away as I'm charged with making salad. Fondestos to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Chris! I just had word today, [Hi Patrick. We haven't received your bike yet, have you sent it to my address below?! XO MAGGI ], from our friend in Denmark, that my bike has not yet been delivered to her home address. We were sent a message confirming that the bike was picked up at the Adina Hotel, as arranged, on Wednesday, June 27th. Corinne sent final payment, bank wire, on, July 4th, 2018. Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Maggster! Thanks for bike update. As you will know, I included you in message to Chris. I assume you are back from Norway. How was your holiday?
I apologize for not being in touch sooner but life has been extremely hectic ever since we returned from the Folk Fest in Vancouver, a little over a week ago. Fondestos from Coriandre to you and The Lads, Maggie. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi OK Jane!  Sorry to learn of your broken baby toe! I'm sure it is still very painful. Most people don't realize just how debilitating such an injury can be. Anyway, I trust you are on the mend. I apologize for not replying sooner but life has been extremely hectic ever since we returned from the Folk Fest in Vancouver, a little over a week ago.

Senka and her husband, Bob, own Terravista, a winery they started after Black Hills was sold: [https://www.terravistavineyards.com/contact/] If you remind me of the dates you will be staying in Naramata, I will give her a call and see what her schedule is like. The winery is only open on the weekends but if they are in town, I think she would be happy to meet you and chat. Similarly, with respect to suggestions for restaurants, we are not really overly familiar with places in and around Kelowna but Lady Dar, [She is the expert in these matters!], can easily recommend plenty in both Naramata, Penticton and Oliver/Osoyoos. Fondestos from Coriandre, a fellow broken toe sufferer, to you, Jane. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Marilyn and Big Al! Trust your stay in Salmon Arm and environs went well. Thank you for the lovely visit, all the help you provided around Burns Street and the fabulous lunch at Kismet. I gather Lady Dar has been in touch about jewelry case. I did do a scan of place before we left but I guess I missed it.

I apologize for not being in touch sooner but life has been extremely hectic ever since we said goodbye on Friday morning. Duke seems to be starting to return to his "normal" self this morning so we are pleased about that. Before Chloë left for work we moved the new door, for the Rumpus Room, from the back of the The MarriageMobile, into the hallway outside spare bedroom until it is ready to be installed! Also collected our new microwave and I broke it in making myself a cup of java. Put it on a small round table outside guest bathroom so we are almost a full service kitchen now! Lady Dar did Swiss Chard in it for dinner  and it was delish!
Will have to see what Sarge can come up with when he stays next week! Here to grandparent for two nights, sleeping with us! Must away as I'm charged with accomplishing endless tasks tomorrow, [I have to start on mile-long list of chores Lady Dar pinned to my forehead, to create a matching scar from one I received in Kraków fall, before I was up!], so must get a good sleep.Fondestos from Commandant Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics:  Birthday Girl! Osoyoos here we come! Duke at SPCA and then this morning, showing off his shaved leg!

This is George's report on Monday's chemo:

So Marlo went in at 8:00 & received the 2 treatments missed on Thursday. Cancer Care (Doc) did not go with all 3. Half the hormone drug was injected Thursday during the two troubled sessions. Today was the chemo (2)& the other drugs (3) of her normal routine. Lasted 4 hours start to finish & went very well. Back home & slept a bit. Back to sleep at 7:00 with usual fatigue following chemo. Marlo eat & drank today which is good. Better than normal reaction but that may be lack of hormone treatment this session. Will see how next couple of days play out. George
Thank you Mom...glad that this session went better than last week and that she ate after chemo xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment