Tuesday 24 July 2018

Catherine and Jan for Lunch & Nicolina's Birthday Bash Blues: Monday, July 23rd



We tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run. -Roy Amara, engineer, futurist (b. 1925)



The kitchen so far: Looks sharp! Love the grey island!

Hi Corinne and Pat, How are you? I hope Pat is back to good health now. It was great to see you in Vancouver, Corinne. Julien is going to Penticton from August 7-12 to stay with a friend. He was hoping he could get together with you guys sometime while he is there. I’ve cc’ed him so you guys can connect and figure something out! Talk soon Lové, Carol Hi Julien It will be great to see you. Call my cell when you arrived to arrange a day for dinner. Chloe is moving Aug 8 so probably after that. Cheers Corinne



Hello Fartograms, Today, in my view, and with due respect, we had the highlight of the Monday outings so far. Simply beautiful and exciting to do something different. Also, when you bike, it is much easier to beat the heat. It was a Triathlon for Old Farts ... Bike, Hike & Swim! So, for those who were not there, you missed something magic!

Next Monday, July 30, we will do another bike ride under the capable leadership of Lou Rutherford, in the See Ya Later Ranch area. It will be mostly flat with only a bit of hillyness. We will gather as usual at Home Hardware in Penticton at 8:00AM. For our Summerlanders, I propose that they go to Penticton right away, because we will have a better overview how to transport the bikes with car pooling. Hope you can join us for another great outing! Your Aarturo, the singing cyclist


Dear Pat I’m so sorry to hear of your accident and illness! Is everything fine now or does your fall still trouble you? But I'm very glad to hear that you could safely return home and already enjoy so many great moments and gatherings.
The folk fest sounds great. It is the one you talked to me about, isn’t it?

Last weekend, in the end, we didn’t go hiking because of the bad weather announced. But we spend a formidable day in Geneva, where we visited a museum with an exhibition about African pottery and eat at „Café de Beirut“, a very tasty Libanese restaurant. And in the afternoon, we strolled around and had a very nice dessert in a conficerie. Now I'm back at work. Unfortunately I made a mistake and fokussed on the wrong topic so that I have to rewrite the first longer passage of my thesis. But this will very probably happen again. So I should better get used to it.. 😊


Yesterday, Sevi - my boyfriend - returned home from his vacation in Italy. Because of strikes he had a delay of about 10 hours. That made me think of you and your tedious but also a little comical train trip from France to Bern. I'm glad the journey from Bern on was less exhausting and everything worked out well.
 

Corinne and you look so beautiful on your terrace and on the picture with Corinne in front of the lake! And the surroundings are also astonishing. And congratulate Chloe from me for passing her exams! Much love and best wishes to you all! Fiona Hello My Favourite Fiona!
Trust you are well! Sorry you and your parents couldn't go hiking but am pleased you enjoyed une journée formidable, in Geneva, consuming both culture and culinary delights! Glad Sevi made it back to Bern, in spite of frustrating delays! I know them all to well, of course! Sorry, as well, to learn of your thesis re-write. Bit of a drag, without question, but I have little doubt you will prevail. Onward!!! 

Thank you for your kind words and concern. Lady Dar and Chloë both thank you for your remarks and congratulations. While I'm not yet quite up to fighting strength I feel stronger and stronger as the days go by.Regards to Sevi. I trust we will meet, at some point! Stay well, Fiona, and Buona Fortuna with thesis. Best wishes and regards to Mad Max and Monica Vitti! Cheers, Patrizzio!
PS: If you have Nicolevitch's email address, could you send it along? Thanks.
Pics: Folk Fest, (Yes, one I mentioned.), Friday evening, with friends Kathleen and Steve, from Melbourne, and Sunday, with Sleepy Grandpa and gang.
 
Hi Old Farts, This Thursday, we are planning to go to Apex. I hope to begin at the Ski Patrol hut, climb Beaconsfield, probably via the Juniper run, hike from there to Apex Mountain, and return, possibly via the Grandfather’s Trail. We will: -meet at 0800 at Home Hardware north parking lot in Penticton (0740 at IGA in Summerland) -carpool and head for the parking area near the Ski Patrol hut -hike and enjoy the flowers (I’m hoping) -return to Penticton and choose a place for debriefing and refreshment Are you interested? Please give me a nod. Cheers, Jim

Login Details for The Spirit Ridge Owner site: Here is your login information to the Spirit Ridge Owner Site. Please click the link below to get access:



No comments:

Post a Comment