Monday 30 July 2018

Cork Floor Blues: Monday, July 30th!

I am now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself. -Emily Bronte, novelist (30 Jul 1818-1848) 


Hi again, Trilingual Man! You'll be speaking in tongues next!I know you will have all sorts of demands on your time, particularly as departure looms. However, to reiterate, you are always welcome so please feel free to visit whenever busy schedule might suit, no matter other visitors. The More the Merrier!

Busy day yesterday with all sorts of yard chores to accomplish. Mighty proud of my Tinsnip Self as I managed to set up one of our small rain barrels on ledge near front door. Have had barrels since last summer but never seemed to get around to putting them in place. Lady Dar moved quite of few of the cactii growing in planter as needed as much support for barrel. Even had pieces of drainpipe to use for connection. Not the most elegant solution but at least system will work until I can come up with something more aesthetically pleasing. Have done much the same for barrel in back patio but I need to run to Rona for a number of elbows before I can tap into downspout. Placed barrel on a platform of bricks so that it is easier to put a watering can under taps. As well, will attach a small length of hose to bottom outlet, drill a hole in downspout and thread hose into it to reroute discharge when barrel is full, obviously during heavy rains/rainy season. At front, I'll do the same but will reroute discharge across sidewalk into front garden. Nothing for an accomplished handyman like you but a giant leap forward for a klutz like me. Anyway, i'm chuffed.

For her par, Lady Dar is working on "tenting" shade fabric over three plants she has put on boulevard. Although she started yesterday, day was so hot in the late afternoon that she decided to wait until this morning to complete task. Pleasnt enough until sun climbs a bit higher. Had "cousin" Michelle Dunn, and her new amore, Antonio, over for dinner last night. [They met on Strata Council for their building and spoke most highly about Chloë as it is in her portfolio.] We spent a lovely time in back patio and evening cooled off nicely once sun was down.

As I scribe, cork flooring is being put down so we are more than delighted, as you can imagine! Must away as Lady Dar wants to head out to Garden Works for more shade material and I want to go to Rona, just down the street, for elbows and some staples. Have a full box but they are too large for staple gun I can find! Another project is to recover two more front patio chairs, to match existing ones, as well as all our dining room chairs, from red to a darker pattern to match kitchen cabinet doors. Another busy day as we have also arranged to play bridge, first time since before I left for Europe. Will have a pot-luck in Summerland. Josinta offered to host and we are both looking forward to seeing many of the gang.

Let us know what you think might work for a visit. Stay well. Fondestos from Xeriscape Woman to you both. Cheers, Damn The Downspouts and Full Speed Ahead, Patrizzio! Pics: Rain barrel on back patio; Allu trainer; chairs waiting for Old Oakians; front rain barrel; shade tenting, high tec, low tec! Antonio and Michelle.

Hi Gavin and Shana! Trust you are both well and have been drinking countless cocktails, with tiny umbrellas, watching the sunsets! Thanks again for the fab, fab party. What a blast, as ever!

Back to work on Thursday, I gather, from popping in to UB this past Saturday. Lad Dar had a wedding at Red Rooster and I was chauffeur. Anyway, we will have a friend visiting from LA, flying into Kelowna on Thursday and staying, for a number of days, in an AirBNB in Naramata. She is currently studying for her Sommerlier's designation and I was wondering if you might be available to have a chat with her, at some point, over the course of her stay. I understand, from staff in Tasting Room, that you will be back on Wednesday so if you are available, and willing, of course, I'll give you a call, [Once you have re-integrated yourself into working life!], and see what might suit, if at all. Please don't worry if you'd can't meet Jane as I know how busy you are. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and your bikini-clad, Tequila swilling companion! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar, before and after, wedding ceremony!

Hi Dylan! Trust you are well and enjoyed this past weekend. I popped into the winery this past Saturday. I understand, from staff in Tasting Room, that you will be pouring this weekend, [While they are at the beach!], so if you can meet with Jane, for a chat, that would be most appreciated. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Alabriña and Bobolino! Trust you are both well, wherever you are! I gather, from popping up to Terravista, this past Saturday, that Tasting Room is now closed for rest of season. I have been wondering if you might be available to have a chat with friend, Jane. If I don't hear beack from you I'll assume you are somewhere exotic, un-plugged, thinking about non-winery matters! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Hi Patrick, Counting down the minutes until part two of my summer holiday extravaganza! Leaving Rhode Island now. Quick turn around then off to BC on Wednesday! I arrive relatively late so my plan is to head straight to my Airbnb. I would absolutely love to join you on Friday - thank you so much for the lovely dinner invitation. What can I bring? Hoping the fires are under control... reals my heart whenever a new one breaks out. So looking forward to meeting you and the gang! And Cousin Bill! See you soon! Cheers, Jane

Hi Rhode Island Red! Since I didn't know when you were flying into Kelowna I left dinner invitations open. At any rate, delighted that you will joining for the BBQ Cook-Off! Both Sarge and Lady Dar feel the grill can not be be handled by anyone other than The King or The Queen. Make sure you are here for the duel with sharpened tongs, a full glass of wine in the non-weapon hand! Just bring your fencing mask as things have turned very nasty in the past!

On wine-tasting front, I took the liberty to pop into both Upper Bench and Roche, almost cheek-by-jowl to each other. [Lad Dar had a wedding at Red Rooster and I was chauffeur.] While neither Gavin nor Dylan were in, Tasting Room staff said they would be around on weekend so I've sent them a message informing them of your coming visit to see if they would be able to chat with you. 

I gather, from driving up to Terravista, after dropping Lady Dar at Red Rooster, that the Tasting Room is now closed for rest of season. This being the case and fact that I had not heard back from voice mail I left for her, I sent Senka a similar message. Give me a call once you are settled at your place in The Naramata and we can chat about Friday, both wine-tasting and dinner. Travel safely, Jetliner Jane! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar at Red Rooster, before and after ceremony! Cork flooring being installed this morning!

Hi Deborah, and Ann! I did receive your message of July 15th and have been meaning to reply for weeks but that was last day of Folk Fest at Jericho Beach. We'd driven to Vancouver on the Thursday before that weekend and then headed down to Osoyoos, to Spirit Ridge, day after we were home. [We own a "fractional condo there and friends, Colleen and Al, were up to spend a few days with us there.] At this point even more events conspired against my good intentions. Stay well. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you, Deborah, and Ann. [Gather from Clara, that your mom seems very well, Ann. Were you back at Falcon?], busy stapling new fabric to the patio chair seats. Cheers, Damn The Downspouts and Full Speed Ahead, Patrizzio! Thanks for the comprehensive update, Patrick. I am glad that you are feeling well enough to do all the gardening, partying and entertaining!!! All the best, Ann

Hi Torontonians and Falcon Lake Five Spaders! Lady Dar is the Gardener Extraordinaire but I'm still the Official Photographer for our bridge group. Stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Garden Gnome Patrizzio! Change of location. Due to the hot weather we are playi ng at Powell Beach in Troutcreek tonight. Bring your drink plates and cutlery and...your BATHING SUIT. I will bring the cards and tablecloths. See you at 6pm at Powell Beach. Jos, Olly, Gill and Phil Hi Bathing-suit Bidders! Trust the cards are waterproof! Last one in has to shuffle! Cheers, Patrizzio! Great idea!!! Judy Blue!

Hi Powell Beach Babes and Boys! Thanks to everyone for terrific picnic and Bridge on the Beach, (A rival, in Spades, to Vancouver's Bard on the Beach!), bash! All of the food was more than delectable, so a hearty round of applause to all the contributors. Of course, it was truly wonderful to see so many friends again, what with holidays and summer travel. Hip Hip Hooray!

With respect to next week, it was suggested, if I recall correctly, that Tuesday might work for another beach blanket extravaganza. Locations put forward include beach in front of Prague Café, at one of beaches in Naramata or Skaha Lake Park. Let the voting begin for day of the week and locazzione! Wherever we gather perhaps we should try for 5:00 pm, or thereabouts, so that a swim before eating and bridge is possible and then there is still ample time for bidding before light begins to fade and mosquitoes invade! Fondestos from Gazpacho Woman. Cheers, Patrizzio! Viewer Warning:  This album contains scenes of quasi-nudity, barely suppressed bidding violence and wanton frolicking! Content rating: Prohibitive: Exclusively for older audience, for which most qualify! great shots of (acceptable nudity)! Aarturo the fingerpicking mountain bard Hi Finger-Pickin' Man! Sorry we didn't say goodnight as you had flown da coop when we finished playing. At any rate, great to see you and thanks for being "Official Photographer", at times. Hope you'll join us next week. No afternoon wine-tasting beforehand!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, Yes, I can recognize Dunajec boat run in Tatra mountains 😋, good for you - except this bloody flat tire - ouch! Cheers. Mike
Hi Kite-surfer Man! Yes, with your eagle eye you win the quiz so this earns you 1,000 points towards the next set of fabulous bridge prizes! We missed you at Powell Beach but trust you might be back for next week's gathering. Cheers, Puncture Patrizzio!  Thanks Patrick, I might be back on time for the next game, unless the Gods of Wind decide to support me, thus my stay on the Island would be longer. Cheers and happy bidding. Mike Enjoy whatever The Fates present, Michaelo! Cheers, Patrizzio! Looks like a fun time was gad by all. Tuesday does not work for me unfortunately. I am doing yoga on my beach blanket at Wharf Park on Tuesday night at 6. I’ll catch up with you soon😎 Pam Hi Beach Blanket Yoga Practictioner! Too, too bad but trust our paths will cross in the not too, too distant future! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment