Thursday 26 July 2018

Chloë's Kitchen SInk Blues: Thursday, July 26th!

People change and forget to tell each other. -Lillian Hellman, playwright (1905-1984) 
Duke with toys!
Hi Bike Dottore! Trust you are well. Just received this message from Chris: "Hi! Sorry for delay. Bike is being delivered tomorrow, Friday. Thanks, Chris :)" [Hi Chris! Thanks for update. Much appreciated. Cheers, Patrizzio!] Not sure what your schedule will be but perhaps you could write a note, attached to one of your doors to leave bike in garage if nobody will be at home. Perhaps delivery person will call. Anyway, glad that bike has not disappeared into thin air after all it has been through, from time I picked it up in France to delivery from Berlin! 

Image: Dominion Strategy Wiki
[Cutpurse: MEANING:
noun: A thief, especially one who steals from people’s pockets.

ETYMOLOGY: From the practice of cutting purses hanging from one’s clothing. Earliest documented use: 1362.

NOTES: In earlier times, people had their purses suspended from a waistband or a girdle. Hence the need to cut a purse. Then came the innovation of a pouch sewn onto one’s clothing: a pocket. So a cutpurse evolved into a pickpocket. The earliest documented use of the former is from 1362, the latter from 1591.]

Lady Dar is out meeting with the couple she will marry this coming Saturday at Red Rooster, winery not all that far from our place. Counter-top people have not yet arrived to measure units. Madame Coriandre confirmed that the kitchen sink will not be delivered before mid-August so that is a bit of a disappointment. However, I set up a "kitchen" station in guest bathroom as sink is much deeper than ones in our bathroom. Next project is to wash off all the dishes/bowls/etc., that were under cover in living room and store them in shelving, taken from living room wall, now in my "office". This temporary storage will make it far easier to move rest of furniture, pushed together in middle of living room, when Mike, our contractor, will paint remainder of ceiling. Anyway, one step at a time!

Must away as another round of dishes to do after I store ones I've already washed. Thanks again for agreeing to store bike. Of course, if anyone wants to ride it, please feel free to do so. Can hardly wait to visit you and ride it myself through the flatlands of Denmark! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Vampire Cat with his toys, on Chloë's bed. In last snap you can see the shaved area on his leg. At moment, he is sleeping soundly on chair in Chloë's room. The Danes leave their babies sleeping outside their front doors...your bike will be okay! Duke looks like Natassia Kinski in Cat People with those eyes! Any chance you can find him an agent in Tinsel Town? He would need to live with me Duke said he's like to meet Winston!

Ciao, Patrick! Wow – you have been busy! How is the cat doing now? I arrive on August 1 and leave the Naramata area on August 7…heading up to Sparkling Hill for 3 nights. I fly back to LA on August 10. I am beyond excited!!! I only have one tasting appointment arranged thus far, and that is for Friday, August 3 at La Frenz. I would LOVE to meet Senka and Bob! And of course, look forward to meeting all of you, as well. My schedule is wide open! I am excited for a wonderful adventure. I have cc’d myself to my gmail account, as I have promised my wonderful boss I will not check work email while I am away! Here is my cell phone and I am hoping it works while I am there! ☺ Can’t wait to meet you. See you soon, Ok Jane


Hi OK Jane! I just left a message for Senka in which I told her about your visit and wondering if she will be around on Saturday/Sunday, following your arranged tasting at La Frenz on Friday. Once I've had a chance to talk to her I'll know more, of course, and if she and Bob will be around, I'm sure you might even be able to see her on Friday, if it suits everyone.

Will you be staying in Kelowna for the first night you arrive? Then on to a B&B in Naramata, on August 2nd? Good friend, Sarge, [We saw him and his family at Spirit Ridge recently.], will be staying with us for the nights of August 2nd and 3rd, grand-parenting, here in Penticton, so if you'd like to join us for dinner either or both of those nights, you are certainly more than welcome, it goes without saying. Same goes for rest of weekend and/or time you will be in The Naramata, [This is how Flamin'/Sarge, from Newfoundland, characterize The Bench, a typical Newfie-ism!] However, given your schedule and what you might like/hope to accomplish in your relatively short time hereabouts, I don't want you to feel obligated in any way. Just feel free to join us whenever it suits so that you can follow your tasting nose without having to worry about timetables.

Earlier this afternoon Lady Dar was out meeting with the couple she will marry this coming Saturday, at Red Rooster, [On The Naramata but not a winery I would visit as I feel there are many more, far more interesting places.], not all that far from our place. When she was back home she said we were both invited to pre-wedding party hosted by bride's mother tomorrow evening. I'd like to go as I'm not allowed to even attend wedding ceremony itself. Only ones, so far, have been when Lady Dar married the son, (Flamin's/Sarge's middle child), and daughter, (eldest of more very close friends), last summer!

Counter-top people arrived to measure units shortly before Madame Coriandre returned. This morning she confirmed that the kitchen sink will not be delivered before mid-August so that is a bit of a disappointment, although it means that  you will not see the Burns Street Construction Zone. Bring a hard hat! Must away as another round of dishes to do after I store ones I've already washed. Lady Dar is too "exhausted" after her meeting with couple and them counter-top installers to help so she is in Rumpus Room watching The Young and The Useless. My only consolation is that one of the characters has not had her contract renewed so she is now wasting away in hospital. Lady Dar was quite offended when I suggested that this fate should befall entire cast! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Duke is on the mend although still not back to his usual energetic self. Last course of pain killer this evening and then he will be "off drugs", as Chloë says! I think the medication makes him more lethargic than usual. However, it is pretty warm so he and Etta, typically nap in cool spots around the house and garden during much of the day. Pics: At the moment, he is sleeping under the patio dining table, amidst the dried leaves and such, blowing around!

Helena Konanz - Conservative Nomination Candidate for the South Okanagan-West Kootenay Riding: Bill and I are hosting a gathering at our home for Helena Konanz, the federal Conservative nomination candidate for the South Okanagan-West Kootenay riding. We invite you to join us. Please come and meet Helena. She looks forward to hearing your suggestions and answering your questions. Please invite any other friends that would like to meet Helena to join us. Pamela. Date: Thursday, August 2, 2018, Time: 7 pm Where: 1056 Littlejohn Road, Naramata (off Naramata Road, follow signs to Marichel Winery)

Hi Chloë! Thanks very much for all the invoices. Could you please make a copy of the invoice and the second small piece stapled to it. I'd like to have a copy as we will mail originals. Cheers, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment