Wednesday 11 July 2018

Nail Biting Blues Until Chloë Alexis Passes Her Exam! Hip Hip Hooray : Wednesday, July 11th

I have one share in corporate Earth, and I am nervous about the management. -E.B. White, writer (11 Jul 1899-1985) 


Up at 6:30 am to leave Lady Dar, still sleeping peacefully. Coolish morning but sun was shining and forecast suggests a much warmer day than yesterday. Miss Etta was happy to dash inside when I opened the front door and Chloë was able to "lure" Duke inside when she was up. The felines obviously enjoy this quiet time, before renovation work begins for the day and they retreat from noise and coming and going of strangers in the "raw" space that is not something they can recognize. I think that this is why they both gravitate, over the course of the day, to the Back Patio, with its comfy chairs, on which to curl up, and various planters, unchanged since work on kitchen began, a place of refuge. Same must be said for human occupants of Burns Street!
 
Perhaps naively, I never felt I wasn't going to recover but during those first few days I came to realize, feel even more keenly what I have always believed, or at least for many, many years now, that one's relationships, and relationships alone, whether with family or friends, are quintessential in contributing to one's ability to having and living a rewarding and ultimately satisfying, meaningful life. My own mini-Road to Damascus on which I was able to ponder, a tad more deeply, what little I know of Camus. For me, relationship is the "something that still has a meaning." My two falls in Poland and week's long stay in Berlin's Charité, [Itself an interesting name, given my circumstances.], brought home how much my life is defined by those around me and how much I need to ever remember, cherish, honour and tend this gift. 
 
Wowee! Thank you SO much! I am traveling for work for the next few days and plan to dig in and figure out my game plan when I am back on Friday! I would absolutely love to meet Senka! What a treat! Thank you thank you thank you and more later when I am not rushing to make a flight!😊�� Cheers, Okanagan Jane Cannot thank you enough for all of this...truly!😊
Hi Jet-Setter OKJ! You are more than welcome as the Burns Street Juiceheads are all more than pleased to help make your time in the Okanagan as pleasant and worthwhile as possible. Don't rush around, too, too much, or else you'll exhaust yourself before you even arrive, north of the 49th!

Lady Dar, watering can in hand, is currently tending her Back Patio plants. She will soon be off  to rendezvous with The Flatlanders, her walking group. Perfect day for such an outing as it won't really start to heat up before The Sisterhood are well ensconced, for lunch, in the restaurant of their choice, the real reason, I have always maintained, for this sorority! For my part I plan to stack firewood. Wasn't able to finish much of what I wanted to accomplish, in this regard, before I left for Europe. Feel ready for such exercise although I won't overdo things. Most of wood is scrap lumber, 2' x 4's, removed by our contractor, from kitchen, and already cut to appropriate length by Mike, so prefect for kindling as the seasoned wood splits easily. Then to recycling depot to give us more room in garage to store all the wine you won't be able to take back to Tinsel Town. Never a dull moment at The Burns Street Wine Bar and Bistro, under construction but still serving overpriced hootch and radioactive hot wings! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: OKJ, don't end up like this free-range chicken, (Farmers' Market, two Saturdays ago), but use El Diablo as your role model, relaxed as relaxed can be, on Chloë's bed this morning! Winston, please note that his toys are close at hand! Lady Dar's favourite activity, when not watering or reading or watching sappy Hallmark movies! Oy Vey! For some inexplicable reason I just couldn't bite my tongue. Sorry, I'll try to do better in the future.

Busy day today. Lady Dar, watering can in hand, started off tending her Back Patio plants. She was off, shortly thereafter, off  to rendezvous with The Flatlanders, her walking group. Perfect day for such an outing as didn't really start to heat up before The Sisterhood were well ensconced, for lunch, in the restaurant of their choice, the real reason, I have always maintained, for this sorority! For my part I planned to stack firewood. Wasn't able to finish much of what I wanted to accomplish, in this regard, before I left for Europe. Felt ready for such exercise although I didn't overdo things. Most of wood was scrap lumber, 2' x 4's, removed by our contractor, from kitchen, and already cut to appropriate length by Mike, so prefect for kindling as the seasoned wood splits easily. Spent about three hours on this and was very pleased with results as I was also able to cut up quite a bit of other lumber I had salvaged, over last year or so, stored along the side of the house, from some of my neighbour's own renovations.

That evening we attended a riveting documentary, Directly Affected, about the planned expansion to the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain Pipeline , to deliver Alberta's highly, highly toxic bitumen, from Fort McMurray, to Burnaby. Our NDP MP, Dick Cannings, was in audience and provided highly informed opinion on the complex issues involved. It goes without saying that we are vehemently opposed to this insane project, if only from an environmental perspective, and are heartened that public opinion, here in BC, is growing every day. Demonstrations/marches at proposed construction sites, followed by acts of civil disobedience, resulting in arrests are gaining more and more followers so we are hopeful, in spite of the fact that Trudeau, running against project, before his election, is now supporting it!



No comments:

Post a Comment