Saturday 6 April 2019

Downward Facing Feline and the House Warming Blues: Saturday, April 6th!

I learned long ago that being Lewis Carroll was infinitely more exciting than being Alice. -Joyce Carol Oates, writer (1938- ) 


I am so looking forward to this trip. The purpose of the trip is tro be in Victoria when son Mark has surgery on May 9. He has been off work (WCB) for a year due to an injured shoulder. I am really hopeful that he gets his shouilder tendonws back operational so that he can get with his life. He really liked his job, so I hope is able to return.
 

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing you guys and Linda. Because I am not sure precisely how the surgery will go or whether I will be useful following, I am holding off figuring out return plans. I am a bit rushed because I had promised to lead workshop here in The Hat on May 5, which makes my departure I couple of says later than would have preferred. 

Thank you for the reading suggestions. I have loaded both to my audiobooks account for listening on my upcoming journey. My only trial will be to resist the audio temptation until I am actually on the road. In the meantime please have kind thoughts for our NDP government facing its Apr 16 test. Lots of love to you both Jim PS I think I will sleep at Linda's. I won't bother trying to explain that decision--just that she is such a long time and needy friend. PPS: My reading suggestions would include 'Lost Girls' of Paris, Pam Jenoff 'The Huntress', Kate Quinn Check them out if you run out of other good options.


Hi Zircon! Trust all goes well with you in spite of your frenzy over workshop and worry about Mark's shoulder surgery. I trust operation will provide relief he seeks. I'm quite optimistic about my own recovery. Thank you for book suggestions. In fact The Huntress was up for nomination for our next selection but Kirsten Hannah's The Great Alone was picked. Must away as I plan to ride my stationary bike and watch more of Bitter Daisies, another police series set in Spain. Then we are off to a house warming at her yoga teacher's new place, but three minutes away. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling to you both. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi Dean, et al! Happened to bump into two of your high school chums this evening at Naz's/Peter's Open House. My wife attends Naz's yoga class. Both Lorenzo and Brian spoke very highly of you and mentioned that you should certainly give Corinne and I, (611 Burns Street), the friends and family discount on solar panels you will be installing in early May! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Eyes wide shut and pooches!  Hello Summerland 7 No Trumpers! Even without Judy Blue and Taffy we have enough for two tables. [We'd like you both to play, and can use you for a firm 8, so please let me know your thoughts.] With six Pentictonites already committed we'll need two cars. Lady Darjeeling and I can squeeze three people into our eKona so we'll need another chauffeur, especially if JB and Slow as Molasses Taffy plan to join us. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizzio, Sorry, I can't make it. Colin Hi Patrick: It is my understanding from Taffy that he will not be joining the bridge group at this time. He might consider it at a later date. I will be there Dame Judith Hi again, Dame Judith! Thanks for note about Colin. He did just send a message saying the same. Will now need Judy Blue as Lady Dar just informed me she cannot play either. I'll be in touch once I've heard from her. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi JB! Glad you enjoyed lunch!  You are needed for bridge. Great day to cuddle up with a good book. Hugs, Corinne

Dianne – I can drive for a change if you like. Who else needs a ride with me?
Susan
I would take a ride if there was room otherwise I will drive out by myself, Judi Good afternoon Penticton Bridge Players! Since I cannot drive Dame Judith has very kindly agreed to chauffeur me. This being the case we will have room for one or two fellow hitchhikers. DJ is planning to collect me around 6:15 pm so anyone not going with O Susanna, please be at Burns by then. Just so that no one left high and dry, please confirm who you will be going with. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! 
Hi Susan. I would like to drive with you. Can you pick me up on your way? Thanks. Dianne Just reading this now Patrick Me email isn’t working properly on my phone Susan is picking me up on her way and also diane and carol so we will see you at ollies Judy xoxo

Hi all, Pete Parchomchuk will be leading the hike this Thursday. He plans to begin at the trestle in S’land and hike to the mysterious lake on Blue Mountain. It will be a fairly long hike but not too steep although there is a fair amount of elevation gain.

So here is the plan….a bit more complicated than usual. If you live in Summerland, meet at IGA parking lot at 0845. If you are from Penticton, meet at Home Hardware north parking lot at 0840. Carpool at these locations and drive to the north end of the trestle for a 9 o’clock start. Pete will be there. If you would rather just make your way directly to the trestle, that’s fine, but parking may be tight. Regarding Thursday hikes on April 18th and 25th, Pete is ok to lead, but others may wish to do one of the days. If so, contact Pete. He can give you the mailing list. Cheers, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment