Sunday 14 April 2019

Mile Zero and The Rich Hope Guitar Blues: Sunday, April 14th!

If words are to enter men's minds and bear fruit, they must be the right words shaped cunningly to pass men's defenses and explode silently and effectually within their minds. -J.B. Phillips


Hi Silent Auction Woman! Pleased, indeed, that your fund-raiser went so well. For our part we had a wonderful time at 24th Annual Fest of Ale yesterday, really a great big cocktail party, with plenty of food and entertainment. Over the course of its history the net proceeds from the event are gifted back to local charities with over $697,600 having been raised.
 
This morning, Lady Dar "abandoned" the forlorn felines and I, to attend her last class on Lent, saying, in her questionable wisdom, that the kittens could help me with my sling, as she was sashaying out the door, claiming she was already late! Such is the life of a patient under the supposed care of Nurse Ratched! [One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest if not familiar with reference.] Great start to the day! Might have to ask Rich, [Guitarist performing at Mile Zero, wine-bar, this evening], if I could take a minute at his mike this evening to broadcast her shameful abuse so that the duplicitous Florence Nightingale facade she bruits about is shown for what it really is!
[Hi Patrick! Thanks for the lovely emails. It was so nice to see you guys!  Take care! Lots of love, Kim❤️] Must away as I want to lie down and read The Great Alone, our next book club selection, [Library book and due on Wednesday so must finish it before then, of course!], and can rest my sling-less arm! Stay well, Cara Mia Amica! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: A few snaps from Fest of Ale, and afterwards at our place. David, rep for Persephone Brewing, in Gibsons. He is Maya's husband, [It is her Dad's 65th that we are attending on Saturday, May 4th, in Gibsons.], and she and Chloë have been friends ever since they were born. Rachel worked with Chloë at GI Brewery and she is now one of the brew-makers at The Fish House in Stanley Park; some friendly people we met over the course of the afternoon; Fest of Ale logo; Kim's Iron Road sweatshirt. She works there now, in Kamloops, but met Chloë when they both worked at GI, along with Rachel. Gang came back to our place after Fest: Tiesa, Rachel's partner, Kim and Maya.

Wow! I had no idea you underwent this surgery. Right now you must feel like a “terminator” with so many serious metals in you. Do you have enough spare parts in you garage? 😉 Well, on a serious note, wishing you the speedy recovery, and let me know if you need any help with anything- after all I am not so far away, and always can pop in if you need me.

Big hurray to become grand-grand..... Quite an accomplishment for the whole family!! Electric vehicle - congratulations, enjoy the toy 👍, this is in my books as well so I will be watching your experience with this, learning as much as I can from you. What a list of events, you are a very busy men 😄. Once more, get well quickly, let me know about the next game - I might join you guys. See you soon, Cheers. Mike
 
 
[Thanks! These are great. So good to see you. Maya]
 

Hi Michaelao! Thanks very much for your best wishes and congratulations. Indeed, I did run out of spare parts in my garage and had to look for more in the recycling bins up and down our back-lane! You are welcome to take our Kona for a spin, at some point. With solar panels were are also having a Tier 2 charging station installed, although as you might know, one can use a regular outlet. Lady Dar did just that a few days ago, and within less than 24 hours, battery was fully charged. A reasonable, temporary solution, until our own charger is installed, or when one is on the road, somewhere, at a friend's place, etc.

With respect to bridge, if you feel recovered enough, we could certainly use you. Olga Polga is coming so you could carpool. Please let me know as soon as you can as if you can't make it I need to let people know as we won't enough for two tables. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Patric, Sounds and looks like you guys had a lots of fun. Good for you. As for the electric car, I am so glad you decided to go for it, and I have a privilege to be your friend :-), because I will have the opportunity to learn this whole thing. Personally, I don't believe it is the right direction for the distant future, that this is more a political hype then a sensible development (putting a cart in front of a horse in my opinion), but for now there is no a better option, so lets go for that. We can talk about it between bidding :-) Yes, I would like to join you guys on Monday, so I will contact Olly to arrange the ride. Cheers and get well asap. Mike 


Happy Palm Sunday! Cheers Jo-Anne Dear Patrick and Corrine and Chloe
Special greetings to you all! Thanks for the update and for the pictures--love that Duke and Etta. Lots to do around here before we leave next Sunday for Dhaka Bangladesh--then onto Delhi. 

 
Will meet John in Dhaka and again in Delhi. Only gone for two weeks--just a brief trip this time. It is great to have spring weather and spring showers. Dear Patrick I don't think I responded to this email from you. Congratulations on the birth of Olivia to her parents, to Ayn, and to all of you. Great great grandpa--wow! Enjoy! Jo-Anne Please take care and my best wishes are sent your way. As ever Jo-Anne and Colin
Hello Jet-Setters To Be! Thanks for terrific twist on Palm Sunday! Stay well. Travel safely. Enjoy your time with John and Easter in Bangladesh/India! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Bestestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Mile Zero with Rich Kanazawa, owner/wine-maker of Kanazawa Winery. He went to wine school with Karen Gillies, wine-maker at Red Rooster, who went to Byng with Chloë.


Hello The Sisterhood! Trust everyone is well. Really enjoyed the evening and meeting all "The In-Crowd"! Stay well. Travel safely, those of you who will be so doing. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling to one and all. Must away as I need to do some on-line research as I'm planning on having my eardrums protected at a local welding shop. Will have retractable, stainless steel covers, attached to my ears, [almost like body piercing!], so that I can cover them, wirelessly, whenever I'm back in a Wall of Sound situation, or else Lady Dar is telling me something I don't wish to hear! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Mile Zero! 

 

Hello The Sisterhood!

Delighted you enjoyed the snapolas! Still reeling from the destruction of Notre Dame, more than devastating for the entire world. I can certainly imagine the fire bringing tears to everyone's eyes. With respect to the terrible shooting, here in Penticton, Chloë heard the news first and phoned to tell me to lock our doors as a huge section of the town, (including where we live), was on lock-down! Fortunately, for us at least, completely innocent victims were known to shooter and targeted for some unimaginable, twisted, horribly irrational reason. At any rate, in my opinion, these sorts of heinous crimes can occur anywhere, anytime so one must simply soldier on. crossing one's fingers and hoping for the best. 

On a more optimistic note, I'm watching last season of Rectify, staring Aiden Young, Rachel's wonderful brother, Australian actor. While here, Rachel mentioned that Aiden is also in another series, The Principal, so I'm watching it now, when cycling aboard my Alu. Friends, Rosemary and Andre just arrived for the next two nights. [They are staying with us at Spirit Ridge over the Easter weekend, after going to friends who live in Kelowna, in between. They have just purchased an apartment, in Kerrisdale.] ] Must away as another bottle of wine needs opening. Fondestos from the assembled Burns Street Freeloaders. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Pics: Rosemary, Andre and Flamin'! Lady Darjeeling cookin' up a storm!





No comments:

Post a Comment