Monday 25 November 2019

Back at the Hospital Blues: Monday, November 25th!

There’s a secret in our culture, not that giving birth is painful but it’s that women are strong.







Hi Calamity and Giggenheimer! Thanks for your on-going concern and good wishes. Still playing the Yo-Yo Blues as just had a call from Lady Dar, back at the hospital this morning, as scheduled, for more monitoring tests, examination, etc. At this point, seems likely to be a replay of most of yesterday. So there you have it. Will be in touch as the situation evolves. Fondestos to you both from The Birthing Ward. Cheers, Patrizzio! 



Hi Silas and His More Than Busy Minder! Thank you for the lovely wishes for Chloë. [More below.] Certainly much appreciated. Read your newsy message just before midnight, last night, and I was too, too sleepy to respond. You have been busy! Unfortunately, we have never been to Haida Gwaii and would dearly love to visit this magical part of the world. Much the same goes for Bonaire as we have only been to Saint-Martin/Sint Maarten, in the Caribbean.

Simply wonderful news about your sister! Hip Hip Hooray! Glad your business is doing well and that you are managing to enjoy outdoor activities. [I'll have a helmet ready for you when you visit!] We were at The Dream this past Friday to hear Stephen Fearing. While we haven't been to The Black Antler did enjoy their soup at latest Art Gallery fund-raiser, Soup Bowls, a little more than a week ago. For my part I've been enjoying the relatively "balmy" weather of late to hit the road.

You should give us a call if you are passing by and pop in for a java, or something stronger, and a visit. We had planned to have our Annual Christmas Open House Bash on December 14th but Lady Dar has decided to put it back until New Year's Day to give Chloë and new baby a chance to settle in. Will send along an invitation once birth actually occurs! Until then, Fondestos to you and Handsome Silas. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Soup Bowls; Car seat tutorial; Tree Light-Up; Stephen Fearing; Waiting to go to the hospital on Saturday morning; Rumpus Room Lowlifes on Sunday evening! 


Hello Bridge Sisterhood! Since I've not heard from the Summerlanders I assume you two will not be playing this evening, at The Burns Street Bistro. We have enough for one table and since it looks like Chloë will not be giving birth today, Lady Dar has suggested I go ahead with hosting. She and Chloë are at the hospital as I scribe but will come home until they return for more monitoring tests, this evening at 8:00 pm. If, on the other hand, Summerland contingent can come up with another player we can play Dummy Moves. Otherwise I'll see the three confirmed players anytime after 6:30 pm. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: The Waiting Game! Chloë on Saturday morning, waiting to go to hospital and then on Sunday evening, after being in hospital overnight. She and Lady Dar spent last night at her place.  

I will be there. Dad even left a wee note on the table to remind me. Susan Great that your Dad is still looking out for his wee little girl! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick for organizing.We came home from Calgary yesterday, and I brought a bad cold back with me from Arlo and Bodil. Better to stay home, and wish you good bidding and the best wishes for the new mother to be. Jos Sorry I will not be at Bridge tonight as I need to rest tonight after our hike today but am hoping to join you soon. Enjoy and good luck with the cards. Good luck Chloe‼️ Cheers, Olly

While I was up at around 8:00 am, pulled out of a deep, deep, delicious sleep, by Lay Dar's call from the hospital, there was still no new news on Chloë's condition. It was expected that she would be released to go home but Lady Dar wanted me to stay at home in case this was not the case. It was but nevertheless, I had plenty to do to keep me occupied until they returned. Before I left for my ride we moved the stepladder back to its place on the side of the house. I was pretty much suited up so I bid The Goils goodbye, just before 1:00 pm and headed out, down Ellis to follow my route regulare. I had decided, before I left, that I would log but a basic 51 km ride, given Chloë's condition and how it could change in the twinkling of an eye.

At any rate, day was more than fine so I wasn't at all fussed about dipsy doodling my way off Riverside and Power to have almost 25 km logged before I hit the KVR. By the time I'd done a number of loops there I rode up Vancouver Ave, [something I'd not done since before my shouldare, and then proceeded to work Middle Bench Road until I was ready to complete the Upper Bench Loop. Didn't stop at Township 7, as I usually do, but continued on Naramata oad to turn around near entrance to driveway leading La Frenz. This extra distance allowed me to finish off ride with a couple of jogs up Middle Bench to Tupper and back, [with a bit of dipsy-doodling on Westminster and a couple ot the side-streets there, to gain precious distance], a couple of times, before I headed down Johnson to reconnect with the KVR and then I was home-free, sailing downhill, all the way back to Burns! Day couldn't have been better so I give thanks for living here. Cheers! Map and Stats for rode: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4285153587#.Xdxza9kUlow.email
 
Hi Patrick, Thank you for this extremely detailed description. Any further news yet? Wrote to Sarge and Flaming but not heard back. Maybe they are away or I have their out of date email addresses or they just do not want to see us! Much love 💕 to you all, Rosemary XXX David Kessler‎ to Patrick James Dunn Eager for updates....Alastair Bird us, too!!! Maggie Carr Exciting for you but nerve wracking at the same time! Hope you can sleep! Perhaps you’ll get a call in the night??? Do you know the sex? Christina Tassell Hi Patrick, waiting is the hardest game! Let’s us know as soon as it happens, love to Chloe and all❤️❤️

Staying at Kirsty’s place minding the dogs! Alan Waldron Thanks for the update Patrice! we are holding our collective breath and sending our Love to you all . 💓💓💓Any news yet? Patti 

My Oh My! What do I know. I am so glad with the good news swirlling by the minute. I pray for safe delivery for Chloe and baby. What a joy it is to welcome them home. And the blessings of being around her to comfort and support her through this whole experience of life. All will be well.

Dear friend, cycling is in the back mirror for the moment. If I am lucky I can get in 5 miles around the radius of our home. Currently, the city of Hawthorne in LA. Much better logistic wise. I attempted Santa Susana pass one or two more times, and much better experience than the first. Not as tedious.

Please keep me posted on the delivery. And let me know in advance your next trip to LA. Stephen Fearing! Need to look him up. I trust your judgement on that matter. Best regards to all; starting with Lady Dar and everyone else in your household. Be safe and we will meet again I pray!! Wole!!!
 


Hi again, Wole! Thank you for all your lovely wishes! If I remember correctly, I think the two of us actually rode through Hawthorne on our way back from a ride into the hills above Northridge. Is that correct? However, I can understand that cycling may not be the easiest thing to do, at the moment, given your other pressing responsibilities. Stay well, Wole, and best wishes to your family. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hello Monday Nighters! We had a most, most enjoyable time this evening with but one table. Lady Dar played four hands before she had to collect Chloë and return to the hospital for more monitoring tests. Still no movement on the contraction front, although, as of this writing I have not heard from Lady Dar as to what nurses/doctor thinks about her condition. I suspect that tomorrow will be the earliest, one way or another, but who knows! If all is otherwise fine, Lady Dar and Chloë will probably spend the night at Chloë's place as she finds her bed to be one of  the most comfortable spots to be in, given how she is feeling. Lady Dar will be the on-call hospital chauffeur so that I can sleep, undisturbed, through the night! Someone has to babysit the felines, Dear Reader!


With respect to next week, I'm wondering if anyone would care to host, on Monday, December 2nd. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. So far we have four people who can play. Let me know who is interested and available so that we can plan for two tables, if possible. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge prizes, [dehydrated Galas], for everyone!

Hi Patrick. I would like to play next Monday. Sorry, still renovating. Dianne Sorry, I can't make it. Will still be in Mexico and returning to Penticton on Dec. 13th Carol I can play Susan
 
Hello Dear Friends and Family! Thank you all for your concern and good wishes. [Apparently, I have been banned from Face-book postings, by The Hyper-Sensitive Sisterhood, so I have had to resort to regular email!] Still waiting for meaningful contractions to begin. Just had a phone call, [9:00 pm here, at Burns Street Bistro, six thousand light years earlier in Cornerbrook!], from Lady Dar. She and Chloë are back at her place for the night. 
They went to the hospital at 8:00 pm, after Chloë spent most of the day on the couch in our Rumpus Room, dozing, with Duke on her lap, and keeping her right leg elevated. Apparently her cervix has dilated 3 cm so she is to return to hospital tomorrow morning at 8:00 am to undergo more monitoring, tests, etc. Probably another dose of Cervidil will be administered, according to Lady Dar, so she suspects actual birthing process may well begin, in earnest, at some point, on Tuesday. I only hope that Chloë has the wherewith-all to time things so that I can go for another ride before I'm summoned to hospital! O Selfish Me!!!
Lady Dar played four hands before she had to collect Chloë and return to the hospital. Over and out, sipping a rather delicious series of Irish Whiskies, to dull the pain, as I scribe from a terribly demanding hardship posting. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: The Birthing Sisterhood this afternoon; Bridge this evening!

Thanks for the update Patrick. Did not want to keep messaging but have been waiting to hear more news. Love to you all. Elaine
Thanks for the update keep us posted on “Babywatch 2019” M Good luck to Chloe, glad to hear about the Fearing concert. Best to all! Kathryn Exciting times on the new baby watch countdown. Thinking about all of you! AEB Thanks for the update Patrice! People just really don’t get what us men have to endure for the greater good. For instance when Colleen was having contractions with Jesse moments apart and expected me to drive her to the hospital she hadn’t even put cheese on my sandwich in the bag lunch she prepared for me to eat while there!! And her head turned completely around and her eyes blazed red as she yelled “FUCK THE CHEESE” when I started going to the fridge to get some to put on it. Geesh.

Hoping everything thing goes smoothly and looking forward to more news. Take care, Al Good luck to all but especially to Chloë. Hope to here from you soon Polly

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment