Friday 8 November 2019

Skaha white-caps and The Alex Cuba Blues: Friday, Novmember 8th!

Your voice dries up if you don't use it. -Patti Page, singer (8 Nov 1927-2013) 


Thank you Patrick! We have reserved you a Wing table of 3 for The Lonesome Ace Stringband, on Nov 14th! Hi Hazel! Not sure what happened but I received this message for wrong night! Will be in tonight so we can chat about booking then. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Oh! Just my error. I will resend from Reservations. H
 
And to think, I was a long time subscriber to the Dream Newsletter... I will resubscribe! Have a great time and I'm off on my bike to the pool this am! Bill Patrizzio, This was the last email I received from the Dream - May 31. I wonder if they rejigged their email list - or if I unsubscribed for some reason? Perplexed Bill Hi Perplexed One! Who know what gremlins inhabit the Internet of All Things! Anyway, I'm planning to hop on my bike, myself, as soon as the second pumpkin is roasted, [Turned the breaker back on yesterday although we didn't use oven. Tried it this morning and everything seemed fine so I cut up remaining pumpkin and am roasting pieces, this time without water in baking dishes so trust alarm will not go off again.], and I've taken all the flesh off the skin. Looks like a pretty strong wind out of the S at around 24 km/h so I plan to head to OK Falls, bucking head wind on outward bound leg, hoping/praying that it will not change direction when I'm returning! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Another bracing ride today as the pretty strong wind out of the S at around 24 km/h was quite raw. Given the direction of the wind I planned to head to OK Falls, bucking head wind on outward bound leg, hoping/praying that it would not change direction when returning! Anyway, started out doing my route regulare to given m about 17 km on the clock before I hit Skaha Lake Park, off South Main. However, when riding along the beach promenade there, [A very, very brave kite boarder was skimming along the white-caps!], the force of the wind, whipping the waves, convinced me to simply didpsy-doodle my way around the more sheltered streets thereabouts before making for home. 
 
At times, had to be quite careful when riding over tiny "sand dunes" on some of the parking lots or sidewalks near the promenade, created from sand blown from the beach itself. Back in 2016, a week before I had my left hip replaced, I took a nasty spill when cornering on a thin film of sand, [both wheels simply slipped sideways from under me.], as I came off Eastside into the parking lot. Managed to shave all the skin off my left ankle bone as well as nicely hamburgerizing the calf and shredding the fabric of my favourite quick-dry top covering my left wrist. [Was worried my surgery would be cancelled if the deep abrasions had not healed but all went well.] Ever since I have been extremely wary of such surfaces! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4234760032#.XcYZKRKdRgk.email
 
Hello Livin' The Dream People! Foist and Foremost, thanks to Hazel all the staff at The Dream for the simply wonderful, wonderful evening: food, hootch, service, and the lion roarin', Roman candle, toe tappin', finger snappin', guitar strummin', drum throbbin' and mesmerizin' vocal pyrotechnics of Alex Cuba and Co! Hip Hip Hooray!!! [I just bought my Spanish for Dummies for their next gig! Sooner than later, Hazel.] Lovely to see Anthea, Margaret and Dick, as well, in the loge seats, don'tcha know, miles above the hoi polloi! Congratulations to Ms Pacific Quorum on her last day of work before maternity leave begins. [Remember the Michael Connelly is a "family" present!] All the very best to one and all. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio, 'yer ever so 'umble 50/50 volunteer!
PS: Heather, (or someone else), please forward this message to your Mother/Anthea, as I don't seem to have her current email address. Thanks. Pics: Portrait of The Dream on a Friday! Great - I will give you the $40 when I see you next or I will buy a great bottle of wine that night. Judi Hi Dame Judith! Had a more than fab time at the Dream this evening. Instead of buying a bottle of wine, will you pay for my SOWTS membership instead, Dame Judith. Let me know if this will work. If not, I'll order a $100 bottle of hootch!!! [I will purchase your membership. Cheaper that Scotch. Judi] All the very best to the Royals of Lakeshore Towers. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks Patrick! Great photos! Hazel Thank you Patrizzzio for your summery and photos of indeed a great evening. For me and Jos it was an added bonus to see Anthea! Chloe .. surely Rowan was rocking to the music in there somewhere! Cheers, Jos & Aart 


Hi again, Dream Folks! Glad you enjoyed snapolas. Great evening, indeed! Here is a new wine I think you should stock, Hazel, for many of your patrons! Cheers, Patrizzio This is great! Aarturos

Good Evening Patrick, Thank you very much for sending the photos (via Margaret and Heather), very happy reminders of reuniting with you all at the Dream. What an evening of music. I have long been a fan of Alex Cuba from hearing him on CBC. Here's to many OF hikes to come Cheers Anthea
Hello Fartograms, This coming Monday we will conquer Campbell Mountain under the direction of Dorothy and Bonnie, aspiring new OF leaders! We will, as usual, gather at 9:00AM at the parking lot on the NE corner of Warren and Atkinson (see attached map). Summerlanders will need to go to the IGA parking lot at 8:40AM then carpool to Penticton. After the hike we will relax, socialize, ponder on the next outing and enjoy our refreshments. All that at a venue of YOUR choice. See you Monday! Aart the mountain bard



No comments:

Post a Comment