Friday 29 November 2019

Rowan James Makes the Move to Winnipeg Street: Friday, November 29th!

The natural power of breastfeeding is one of the greatest wonders of the world. It is about real love. It is about caring and celebrating the wondrous joy of nurturing a new life. It is about enjoying being a woman. Anwar Fazal


If I can do no more, let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. -Louisa May Alcott, writer and reformist (29 Nov 1832-1888) 

Hi Grizzly Man! Please send along your gmail account, [as well as Rita's so Lady Dar can communicate directly], so that I can send larger files. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Chris! If you have a personal email account I can send, if you'd like, larger files. Tried yesterday but message was not able to be delivered. Cheers, Patrizzio! Here is the link to the short video I took yesterday afternoon. Rowan James looks like a tiny pugilist with the mitts used to keep him from scratching himself with his fingernails.

I'm just a Patrizzio wannabe, til the end of November! Here is the email you can send to. Rita, since retiring has elected to piggyback upon our vip email account. Now for the 2 km morning mail trek. And two - count 'em - two - baby sitting gigs today. Bill Rocky II and More! I'll try to call you when I expect things will have settled down, at least a little. Then again, I'll be leaving for the Island on 27 December. Fondestos di ritorno, Kjell

Hello Famiglia Durston! I collected Rowan James and his entourage around 11:30 am this morning to take them home, to Chloë's place. I stayed there while Lady Dar went to do a host of errands, picking up things Chloë needed. While there I held RJ and helped Chloë whenever she needed assistance. [He's such a delightful little chap and now really doesn't fuss or cry except when being changed and is hungry. Then he can shriek with the best of them! In between changes and feedings he sleeps quite peacefully, either when being held or in his bassinet.] I also cooked up dinner, (ground turkey for burritos), when I was released from RJ duty! When Lady Dar returned I headed home to do two set of shouldares before I returned to Winnipeg. The Sisterhood had already eaten so I opened a bottle of wine and enjoyed the delish turkey while we watched Four Weddings and a Funeral. Although I we had seen it when it was released, around 1994, I believe, I was delighted to see it again as I had forgotten most of the wonderful dialogue, even if I knew the basic plot. 

Rowan James slept peacefully, cradled in his Grandmother's arms, for most of the film and when it was over it was determined that it was time for a diaper change, before feeding time at the Zoo. Since I was not needed for any of this activity, I repaired to the kitchen to put away the dishes I'd done earlier and then I headed everyone goodnight. Back home I replied to a few messages, [while sipping a 14 year old Tomintoul, a most pleasant Speyside which I think most would find rather appealing], and as soon as I sent them along, I hit the hay. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rowan James moves into Winnipeg Street with his huge feet!!!

Hello Arthur's Pass People!  Thanks for congratulations and best wishes, especially from New Zealand! What a wonderful trip! We were first there, [With Clara/Dusty and Chloë], in 1992, after five weeks in Australia. However, we first explored South Island before crossing from Picton to Wellington. Pleased your weather has been terrific.

Not sure what our Winter travel plans will be until Rowan James and Chloë fall into a routine and she feels comfortable enough to be left alone. For next few weeks, Lady Dar will be staying with her. Ayn is flying up on December 12th, for the weekend. We will not be driving down to LA for Christmas this year but more likely later in the Spring. Again, will depend on all sorts of things related, in the main, to Rowan James. Travel safely. Stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rowan James on his last afternoon and evening at the hospital; Then, using his  huge feet, he moved into Winnipeg Street!!!
Spending Thanksgiving with Adrian in Vail, after apartment shopping in Denver tomorrow. Adrian starts his new job there Jan 1. All excited about the move!  Miranda is now a de-greed therapist. Still going through licensing requirements etc. I recently committed to working full time again as CFO of a fast growing mortgage lender. I am helping them expand to other states.  The owners love me and threw a lot of money at me. Since there are no worthy men in sight, I might as well LOL ...Trust you guys are doing well. XOXO Ruth Chang

Hi CFO Ruth! Congratulations to you, Ruth, on your new job! Hip Hip Hooray! Pleased to hear about Adrian's move/new job and Miranda's qualification as a therapist. All the best to both of them. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you, Adrian and Miranda. Travel safely over Thanksgiving weekend, especially given blizzard conditions. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Dear Patrick and Corinne, Congratulations! You are Grandparents to your daughter Chloe’s firstborn son. Rowan James. You all must be pretty proud and the love shows on your faces. I am happy that the little guy’s birth went well and mother Chloe can indulge in giving her son her unconditional love.

I just got back from a trip to Wpg. to celebrate my Mothers 103rd birthday. She still is in amazing good health and plans to stay a little while longer. The picture is of my brother Dan’s children and their children. For years my mom would bring her grandchildren here for a visit since they were five years old. Now they have their own children. I thought I would go early in November to beat the freezing cold. Well I hit a snow storm in Calgary, the flight was diverted to Edmonton there to endure more delays. After a fifteen hour flight I crawled into bed early Monday morning Sept. 11th and managed to get a few hours sleep before the birthday party at the Inn at the Forks.



Today we are spending the day observing Tree Arborists trimming all the trees on our property. They are in the midst of hoisting themselves up to the tops of trees with their ropes. Amazing to watch. They are both from Winnipeg.



John is in the kitchen perfecting his pizza dough and sauce for our Friday night treat. John taped the history of Country Music and we are into our fifth night. The talent of these performers and their lives is extraordinary. How talented  was country music that they were able to express themselves with so much emotion. You certainly can’t find that emotional expression in rock and roll or in today’s music. Their stories were amazing and most of the performers started at very young ages. They were incredibly poor farm children growing up in the twenties and thirties perfecting their talent.



I have finally finished writing my book after ten years. Fifty-five thousand words and twenty-two chapters:  a God a Dog Searching for LOVE. It is a Fantasy. A philosophical, psychological story of an Olympian God who takes you through the extremes of love and chaos. The dialogue is of a God a Dog and his excursion into the collective mind of both. The God becomes a hero. Transformation saves his family from death. He travels through centuries searching for love in a new Godden Age. Guided by Socrates who says, Zeus, “The unexamined life is not worth living, you must know thy self.” In his search for love he is guided by the wisdom of Saint Leonard (Cohen) in the Tower of Song on his new Mount Olympus. It is narrated by Benson an immortal Dalmatian. It is a love story, romantic, sexual and erotic.

John is doing the second edit. We both have dialogue in the story. My niece’s husband has designed the book cover. My childhood friend Ilena will be doing the audio on the book. She is a professional singer and sang at my  mom’s 100th birthday. Thank you for connecting dear old friends. Do send us updates on your life. Love, Jean and John

Hi Over The Salish Sea People! Congratulations to you, Jean, on your Mother's 103rd birthday! Hip Hip Hooray! Congratulations on your book, as well. Pleased that everything seems to be coming together with respect to publishing, with an audio version in the works as well. Multi-media! Wow! Cover looks terrific!


Thanks for congratulations and best wishes on Rowan James and to Chloë. It has really been quite a remarkable, remarkable pregnancy and safe birth, given the fact that it seemed, over a year ago, that it would not be possible for Chloë to conceive. And yet, Rowan James is now living proof of the exciting new life we have been fortunate enough to be blessed with. 
 
Both Corinne and I congratulate Chloë for her strength and perseverance over the course of her pregnancy, one which, due, primarily, to her age, was not always easy or without concern. Yet she always remained strong and ever optimistic and did what ever was required to ensure the health of her unborn child.


Until Rowan James and Chloë fall into a routine Lady Dar will be staying with her. [She just walked in the door and will shower and change and pack up some more clothes before I drive her downtown for a G & M and then back to Chloë 's place. Emily, Chloë's doula, is there now, for a couple of hours.] Ayn is flying up on December 12th, for the weekend. We are looking forward to seeing her as we will not be traveling to LA for Christmas this year. Stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rowan James and his giant's feet, which he put to good use when he walked all the way from the hospital to Winnipeg Street!!!

Wanted: Someone to lead the Old Farts hike this coming Thursday. You get to: -choose the destination -lead the troops -even choose the location for coffee. And….I will put out the notice for you. Please let me know soon if this position is right for you! I can be reached here. Cheers, Jim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment