Wednesday 20 November 2019

'Twas a Sunny Day and the Sondland Blues: Wednesday, November 20th!

The truth isn't always beauty, but the hunger for it is. -Nadine Gordimer, novelist, Nobel laureate (20 Nov 1923-2014) 






Hi Goils! Trust you enjoyed your overnight stay. How was film? Just a reminder that we'll need potatoes as well as avocados. You know about dish detergent, [Palmolive], but I'd also like cranberry juice, Kirkland, and a large tub of yogurt. Must away as I'm off for a ride as nice and sunny. Travel safely. Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! Got it, thanks! Lady Dar

Was up at 7:30 am to feed the cats and started streaming PBS's coverage of the impeachment hearings as soon as my java was ready. As Ambassador Sondland was being grilled, by members of both parties, I bagged the last batch of Galas and then readied the fireplace for Lady Dar's return, later this afternoon. Also brought in a couple of baskets of firewood. Once these chores were finished I prepared a delicious mélange, consisting, in the main, of overlefts in fridge to fuel me for coming ride. It was a glorious day so I wanted to take advantage of the continuing dry, sunny  weather. 

Wind was quite a bit stronger than on Monday, (between 17 km/h out of the N, shifting to the NE at 13 km/h towards the end of the outing), so I decided to stick closer to home, primarily because my legs felt pretty heavy, at least initially. Neverhteless, I reveled in the warm sunshine and even though I stuck, basically, to my route regulare, the rhythm of the course and the brilliant blue of the clear sky combined to make the ride more than pleasant. When I had about 43 km on my trusty odometer I headed to SOEC as I'd not ridden here for ages and was able to log the distance I needed before making my way down Wade to Winnipeg and then zig-zagged to White and I was home just after 3:00 pm. Even though the ride was 20 km shorter my AVG was a little more than 1 km/h slower, a direct result of the wind and my legs  of lead! Still, no complaints as couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4270578348#.XdXOX-ZmDKI.email
 

Hello, A 2015 publication, Kill the Messengers by Mark Bourrie is worth your time. If there is doubt about how to vote, you may be doubtless...post Bourrie
DBJS Mark Bourrie is a personal friend and I recommend Bush Runner, as well; top of the charts for weeks. James
Hi Biblio-Jake! While you re lolly-gagging under your palapa you might wish to peruse Ducks, Newburyport, a 2019 novel by British author Lucy Ellmann. The novel is written in the stream of consciousness narrative style, and consists of mostly a single sentence, running over more than 1000 pages. Cheers, Patrizzio! TANKS! Patrick. DBJS

Hey Fabulous Volunteers! I have loads of empty seats for tonight, Belle Plaine and the Vultures! Bring friends for free? (hopefully to have dinner?) Just email or call the cafe if you are coming so I know numbers for staffing please? Hazel
Hi Ab/Fab Hazel! Thanks for the lovely invitation but Lady Dar has her book club and I've already made plans for this evening. Buona Fortuna and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Words from the past: Do you remember this word? Would you believe the spell-checker did not recognize the word Mergatroyd? Heavens to Mergatroyd! 😱Omg! I still use a few of these!!😂 No need to respond. If you like, blind copy to another ‘older’ friend!! Maggie🤪

Dear Friends Thanks for the nice "situation report". If we understand correctly, you are having an exciting time and the 23rd of November is coming ... surely all a bit nervous ..!?! Also, your visit remains in the best memory ... Thank you for the great time we were allowed to share with you. We wish you all the best and a special greeting to Chloe. We both wish her only the very best! Lots of love Annemarie and Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment