Sunday 24 November 2019

Waiting for Rowan James to Sing the Birthday Blues: Sunday, November 24th!

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. ― Mark Twain



Hello Clan Sutherland! [Executive Summary: Are you available for more firewood haulage, Kid Chelene? Let me know and I'll plan accordingly! Thanks!!!]

Not sure where you are in the birthing loop but Lady Dar and Chloë have been at the hospital since around 4:00 pm yesterday afternoon. While Chloë was at our place, earlier that afternoon, waiting for hospital to call, I took a quick trip to Township 7 and Terravista to collect latest releases. [Picked up your order, Sarge, in spite of fact that you need to update your credit card info! Let me know what you want me to do with case. Will you be back in Penticton, over Christmas, or before?]
 
Duke had me up at 7:30 am this morning so I fed them and then made myself a mug of java, adding a tasty portion of Eggnog, bought by Lady Dar when they were running errands before heading to hospital yesterday. Just after I took my first delicious sip, phone rang and I received latest update. Nothing had really happened. Obstetrician had not seen Chloë but good news is that her own doctor is on call this morning so Corinne though she would see Chloë  around 8:00 am. Chloë has to decide if she will opt for a Caesarean or try for a natural birth. I assume it will depend on what her doctor thinks/advises. So Waiting Game II continues!

Adewole, Barakat and D'Empro!
Forecast looks quite promising, sunny at about 7º C, although it predicts a pretty strong wind out of the SSE at 24 km/h, gusting to 33 km/h. I'd like to go for a ride if I can but Lady Dar said to wait until they met with doctor. We enjoyed two tables last Monday, hosted by Judy Blue. Am working on hosting this coming Monday but will depend on when Chloë gives birth, obviously. Must away to have a bite of breakfast. Will be in touch soon, I trust, when I hear or know more. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Season's Greetings good old friend!! Hello Proud Parents! What wonderful, wonderful news! Lovely to see how well everyone looks! How old is D'Empro? In fact, coincidentally, we ourselves are waiting for our own "Gift from God"! You probably didn't know that Chloë is pregnant. Weather looks quite promising for a ride. [Have been riding ever since we returned from Europe, October 12th. How about you and Santa Susannah Pass, Wole?] Congratulations, again, to you and Barakat. D'Empro obviously takes after his gorgeous mother!!! Stay well, dear friend. Cheers, Patrizzio! Babies everywhere! Oh that's wonderful news for Wole! He looks so happy and what a beautiful woman he married! Ayn

Thanks for the update! A new bundle sounds like it is Going to happen in the next couple of days or perhaps today!! Great news! Thoughts and prayers that mother and baby re healthy and well. I am actually going to Penticton on December 5 but flying best thing to do with the wine is give it to Corey. He can bring it to Kamloops for Christmas with him. Let us know if u hear of any more news M Hi Flamin', et al! Maybe you'll be on same flight as Maya! Both of you will be here for my birthday so I can send you a list of possible malts, if you'd like!!! Perhaps I'll trade your Terravista or firewood. Everybody wins!!! Still no news! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Squamish Two! Thanks for best wishes. I know Lady Dar sent you an initial report but here is the update! Waiting Game II continues! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizzio, can you mark Dec. 8 on your calendar for a cookie baking experience for Corrine? Rita invites a few ladies over to bake and share Linzer Augen... Not sure if that is the correct spelling but I'm sure these Christmas favourites will be appreciated. Also, can you let me know your cell #. We are in Hamilton, Ontario this week - poop capital of Canada;) Cheers from R&B.

Hello Steel Town! Will you be watching The Grey Cup? Tiger Cats were always "hated" rivals when I was in Junior High/High-school, in Winnipeg! Stadium was just across the way from where we lived at that time. Although I often went to regular season games, [School chums and I would wait outside gates and more often than not somebody would give us an extra ticket! Usually had to work at my Dad's small corner store when game was on but I listened on the radio.] Thanks to the Cookie Monster for the lovely invitation. Must away to bag the Galas I dehydrated yesterday. Only have six apples left from eight large bags we picked. Stay well, dear friends and we'll chat upon your return. Travel safely. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Ti-Cats are down... We have the radio on... We'll look forward to hearing from Corrine about making cookies with the other Ladies! I had to read your entire email aloud to Lovely Rita as she awaited with bated breath for baby news. Keep us informed! Hello Wild Bill and Blue-in-the-Face Rita! Condolences on The Tiger Cats rather embarrassing loss! Sorry for not providing an Executive Summary! Fondestos to you both, luxuriating in Steel Town. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hello Famiglia Coffaro! Pleased to hear that you are able to host your Annual Holiday Open House! I assume it means you are recovering well from terrible wildfires. Coincidentally, we are having our own Annual Christmas Open House Bash that very same day! On another matter, I did send you a number of messages asking to have my latest release shipped to Berkeley, to David and Nancy. Did you receive these emails? Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks. Wondering if the Grumpy Winemaker/NFL fan will be watching The Grey Cup this afternoon? Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Kids: Pleased to hear that, in spite of recent wildfires, Coffaros are still able to host their Annual Holiday Open House. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Yes, that is great! I think there was some damage from smoke along Dry Creek and West Side roads, to the west of Guerneville, but the fire fortunately headed south and east. One man's luck is another's misfortune, but we can't but feel good that our friends were spared. Enjoying some modest Bordeaux with my very welcome chicken salad post swim sandwich; we head down to see a student production of Brecht's Caucasian Chalk Circle in a bit. Hope all is well and you folks are enjoying balmy autumn weather....Cactus Hello Modest Bordeaux Boy! In fact, today was relatively balmy indeed! Chloë is still playing the exhausting Yo-Yo Birthing Blues. Fondestos to you both from The Birthing Ward. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank you for keeping us in the loooooooop Happy dipsy doodling! Cactus
I ‘love be there. Just got the bike out. Looks good ♂️🚴‍♂️♂️glad all seems to be well
Glasgow Hi Biker Boy! Went for a wonderful ride myself! However, still waiting for contractions to start! Fondestos to you, Glasgow, and Catherine, from The Sisterhood! Cheers, Patrizzio! 
 
Hi all, Any news? We are hoping Chloe is doing well and the baby’s arrival imminent! Love George, Jane y Morita xxoo Finally induced after night in hospital thinking they might do a c section as her kidney function was not normal. Last test fine. Now waiting for baby stress test and then Chloe can go home and needs to return at 8 pm. So it is the hurry up and wait game. I think baby will be born tomorrow. Will let you know. Hugs
Corinne Hi Pat and Corinne, We are thinking of Chloe. That is a lot for her to deal with. It must be hard on you to have to wait and watch. It’s wonderful you are there to support her. We are wishing her the best and can’t wait to here the news. Take good care. Love Jane, George and Morita xo


Forecast looked quite promising, sunny at about 7º C. I wanted to go for a ride if I can but Lady Dar said to wait until they met with doctor. She phoned a couple of hours later and said that Katie would drive her home. They pulled up just as I was leaving, around 1:30 pm. Lady Dar came in to have something to eat and take a nap. Chloë and Katie went to Bad Tattoo for pizza and then a walk along Lakeshore, from The Peach to SS Sicamous and back. Katie then took Chloë home and drove back to Vernon as she has a new job and must be there on Monday.

Glorious day without much wind. When I started it was out of the SSE at 8 km/h and cycled through three different directions over the course of the ride, from SW to WSW to ESE all at around 5km/h so not really an issue. I hadn't really decided where I'd go so started out with my route regulare and once I'd left PTC and was making my way along Lakeshore I thought I'd make for OK Falls again. However, when I'd dipsy-doodled my way back to Vancouver Ave, on the KVR I had over 20 km on the clock so thought I'd stay closer to home in case I received a call from Lady Dar. This being the case I took a quick run along Government just past Dawson where I did three short loops of the cul de sac there and then headed back to the start of the KVR. By the time I'd done another loop to Vancouver Ave I knew I was poised to log 61 km by the end of the ride. 

Dipsy-doodled my way back to PTC on the streets off and around Penticton Creek and had just over 40 km logged when back on Lakeshore. Hit the Riverside Mall and then proceeded with more loops off Power and when I'd almost reached 50 km I made for SOEC and keep piling on the distance until I'd registered 59 km, in manic gerbil fashion, and then it was time for Winnipeg and White and I was soon home. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4282423073#.XdsrY4niCuo.email

Found Lady Dar dozing in front of the fire in her favourite arm-chair. While I'd been out she had prepared a ground turkey/spinach lasagna and a diced cauliflower dish, topped with cheese and mixed with what remained of the spinach. Both tasted delish! We picked Chloë up at just before 7:00 pm as she had to have a few more tests. All goes well other than that there has been no discernible reaction to the medication intended to bring on labour. As well, her right leg is quite swollen, and uncomfortably so.  

Lady Dar called around 9:00 pm and I collected them, shortly thereafter. They repaired to the Rumpus Room, watching Molly's Game and eating the lasagna Lady Dar prepared earlier. Once movie was over they headed to Chloë's place for the night. She is to be back at the hospital for 7:45 am. Unless something happens during the night, birth, everyone hopes, [Cross your fingers!], will take place tomorrow, at some point. Lovely couple, [according to Lady Dar as I've not met them], in Chloë's birthing class have been in hospital since Friday, due to labour complications, and cannot leave so she feels badly for them but glad and fortunate, although uncomfortable, to be able to go home. So there you have it, Dear Reader! Cheers!

Hello Blue Bombers! Congratulations Winnipeg! I'm sure Annie and Dusty were watching from on high! Nothing to report other than the fact that there has been no discernible reaction to the Cervidil administered earlier. Will be in touch as the situation evolves. Fondestos to one and all from The Moviegoers. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Rumpus Room Lowlifes and Grey Cup!

Well Hello my farmer's market friend!!!! I believe you did mention she was having a child. I just didn't remember how far along she was. Hoping and sending blessings to a healthy wonderful birth to her and your family. How exciting especially before the holidays. 

I think you should still pass out bike helmets ;) You know I had too much to drink one time and had a concussion from play flighting. I use to do MMA fighting many years ago. I ended up play flighting one night and hit my nogging from a terrible high kick and falling. Regardless, I came to the conclusion that I should drink with helmet on. Unrelated but your comment of the passing out the bike helmets took my mind there and I had a little chuckle to myself.


I have been staying busy with the cleaning business. I went to Queen Charlottes back here in September. Beautiful place!!!! I read a lot while hanging out in my hammock. It was a bit rainy but I didn't mind to be frank. It does bring the beautiful moss. Silas did not enjoy the ferry ride though. Overall he was a trooper and summited a mountain on the Sleeping Beauty Trail there. Strong puppy legs. 


I have a friend who just immigrated to Bonaire and started a snorkelling tourism business there. I am thinking of paying a visit in February to get away from the winter here for a few weeks. Have you ever been to Bonaire? I do know you and misses are quite the traveler from what I hear.

Rock climbing season has come to end I believe. I went out 2 weeks ago and it was just too cold after a few hours for my hands. I may pick up ice climbing but I haven't grown my thick Canadian skin yet. I guess that will take some time. I do look forward going up to Apex though and doing some snowboarding. That should keep my high energy at a bay with some good outdoor exercise.


I got some wonderful news the other day from my mother back in the states. My sister in March was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer and has been battling treatment of radiation and chemo. My mother informed me she had her scans and she is free and clear of cancer. It was a relief to hear! The admiration I have her and the strength to go through that. I know she was doing treatments sometimes towards the end at the same time and it was really draining her. There were moments she told me she wanted to give up. I explained to her its like mountaineering. Its painful, shitty, cold, the journey up sucks and can result to your death.....however, when fight and push through the view and experience at the top is amazing. She made it to the summit! I always knew without a doubt in my mind she would make it though. Let's just keep are fingers crossed that it stays away for good. 


I should check and see what music is coming to the Dream Cafe in the near future. I haven't been there in over month. I hear a new pizza place just opened up by the Black Antler. I'd love to check that place out as well. Lots of new things transpiring in Penticton this year! Very exciting! Well it is getting late and I wanted to at least email you back before bed. I hope to run into you again. Maybe we will cross paths at the Dream Cafe this winter! Keep me posted on what happens with Chloe and the new baby! Thanks for reaching out Patrick and cheers~ Best regards, Stephanie Taylor & Silas


Hi Silas and His More Than Busy Minder! Thank you for the lovely wishes for Chloë. [More below.] Certainly much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment