Wednesday 4 March 2020

Lens on Lent and The Green Book Blues: Wednesday, March 4th!

He who does not attempt to make peace / When small discords arise, / Is like the bee's hive which leaks drops of honey / Soon, the whole hive collapses. -Nagarjuna (c. A.D. 100-200) 


Hello Dolphin Bill! Trust you and The Lovely Rita are well. Thought I'd drop you a line as I'm selling 50/50 tickets on Tuesday, March 10th, if you are interested in tagging along. Should be an interesting show: March 10th, Martyn Joseph is a performer like no other: Shades of Springsteen, John Mayer, Bruce Cockburn and Dave Matthews there may be - but he stands in his own right, built on a reputation for giving what thousands have described as the best live music experience of their lives delivering his "songs of lyrical intelligence" according to BBC Radio 2's Bob Harris.

Isabella!
[Here she is in her office
Our new addition to the family]
Yes Riordan is a challenge but worth it when u reach the top I love the pic of Corrine I am going to hockey game tonight Will enclose a pic of Isabella Judy Xox Hi Hockey Fan! Isabella is simply adorable! What a sweetheart! We had two cats when we lived in our house, on 12th, in Vancouver, Smokey and Sneakers. Chloë named Sneakers "Sneakers" as she had four white paws, just like Isabella from what you said on Monday night. Perhaps she is related to Etta, given their similar colouration. Bennie is very lucky to have such a gorgeous companion. Can hardly wait to meet her. How did the Vees do? I agree, the snap of Lady Dar is a gem. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Cushion Boy; Sink Girl!
[Mom, stop taking pictures I’m trying to nap❤️] Hello Patrick, Thanks for the good wishes. Just came back from work at PAG this morning, still sniffing and wiping, but trust I will be ready to play on Monday. Cheers, Jos 

Hello intrepid cyclist, Wondered if you were going to be in town this weekend? Or has the threat of the coronavirus deterred any travel plans? Jo-Anne is in Edmonton right now. She has been helping get her stepmother into a palliative care facility. She returns Friday. Next week we are off to Toronto. No out of country trips (apart from Bellingham) for the next while. When is the big unveiling/tasting of our Dunn's Folly, Burns Rd. Edition single malt?

Hi Dunbar and Edmonton! Sarge asked me, a week ago or so, if I was planning to attend the '7's. Won't be as one of the main reasons I didn't go to LA as well was that I have been "coordinating" work on Chloë's basement suite, as well as riding herd on Duke and Etta! As you might recall, I've been for a number of years in row and just felt like I wanted a break. Somewhat similar to VWF malt fund-raiser.

Anyway, I trust all goes as well as possible, with you, Jo-Anne. Very, very difficult time indeed and my heart goes out to you. With your last message I didn't realize that, as Colin mentioned, you were helping to get your stepmother into a palliative care facility. I did, however, notice, that your tone was rather subdued so now know why. On a brighter note, the Dubh Glas malt is supposed to be released this June! Will be in touch as soon as I know exact date. Must away as I need a good glug of malt! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Have been meaning to tell Lady Dar that I heard Robert Massoud, the Palestinian-Canadian who founded Zatoun Fair Trade Olive Oil from Palestine. It is a registered non-profit that brings Canadians high quality fair trade extra virgin olive oil from farmers in Palestine, interviewed, on CBC, a week or so ago. An extremely interesting family history which spurred him, I gather, to try and explain the injustices done to the Palestinians while supporting local producers. Will need to buy more from Oasis as we are almost out.

I should have asked Jim French, this evening, at Lens on Lent, if he could have sold me any. Many of the attendees were asking about Lady Dar and Rowan James. [Carol looked very well and I said I would say hello from her.] Anyway, perhaps Corinne can pick some up this Sunday, when she is back.

I "cashed" in the GFA silent auction bid for the month membership at the pool today so I plan to hit the centre pretty regularly over the coming weeks to maximize the usage, improving my stroke technique. Bumped into Layton in the steam room and we enjoyed a long chat. He is off to Argentina in a week or so but has to finish a consulting job for Lloydminster Public Library beforehand. He mentioned the report is almost finished so he will be pleased when it is sent along!

Should be fun at the Jazz Night tomorrow evening. Marian has reserved a table for seven. Not sure if Josinta and Aarturos will join us. Had a note from her today and she had done her shift at PAG so I guess she is on the mend, getting over the cold she contracted from Arlo, when in Calgary. Still have not heard from Mike so not sure when drywall will be finished. I will ask Chloë to text him, as we need to start planning for paint, etc.

Could you please send a pic of the Oro Mezcal please? I could not find it and there are many online to research thanks! Hi Mezcal Hunter, et al! Thanks for trying but don't worry if you cannot locate a bottle. I just thought it would be great if The Canadian Connection could bring one back.

Just back from seeing The Green Book at Oasis United, first film in their Lens on Lent series and I enjoyed it as much, perhaps more, the second time. [Both Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali are absolutely wonderful!] Marian and Tim joined me and they were very pleased as they had not seen film before. Had a lovely visit with Jim and Carol so it was a most pleasant evening all around.
Happy hunting! Fondestos to all the Lake Balboa Boppers! Stay well. Love and Cheers, Dad/Poppa/Patrizzio! Pics: Lonely feline! 



No comments:

Post a Comment