Monday 2 March 2020

Tony The Tiger and The Riordan Blues: Monday, March 2nd!

We have come to a point where it is loyalty to resist, and treason to submit. -Carl Schurz, revolutionary, statesman, and reformer (2 Mar 1829-1906)

Naps with Nana❤️
When I listen to love, I am listening to my true nature. When I express love, I am expressing my true nature. All of us love. All of us do it more and more perfectly. The past has brought us both ashes and diamonds. In the present we find the flowers of what we've planted and the seeds of what we are becoming. I plant the seeds of love in my heart. I plant the seeds of love in the hearts of others. -Julia Cameron, artist, author, teacher, filmmaker, composer, and journalist (b. 4 Mar 1948)
 
We have 7! Judy is going to try to get an 8th. Have fun in the snow....no falling!

AEB Lynda P. ....  is able to join us tonight. See you at 6: 30 Ann AEB
Hi Ann! Great news indeed! Thanks for contacting Lynda. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Judy Blue! Sorry I didn't call you back last night but I just heard from Ann this morning and Lynda will play so we'll need you! Just pop me a note, when you have a moment, to confirm that you will play. [Josinta is suffering with a terrible cold, apparently contracted from Arlo, her grandson, in Calgary.] I'm off to snowshoe, in an hour or so, but I'll check my messages when I'm back. Thanks. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Sleepy People! Great snap! I presume that the pace of life in Tinsel Town has worn out the very young and the very old! Who is minding whom? For my part have been too, too busy to be able to take naps.  Went for a fab ride out to Trout Creek yesterday and bumped into Carol and Greg there so that was fun. Kid Chelene also saw me on highway, towards the end of my ride, as they were coming back from Costco!

Also, after we moved vanity into front room, I asked Kid about the fire alarm and he said that even though it is wired into electrical system there are also batteries inside, [Back-up, I assume.], so I plan to take a step-ladder over after I return from snowshoeing, and replace them. Must away as I have to get ready to leave shortly, for snowshoeing. Much love to the Nap Twins and everyone else. Cheers, Dad/Poppa/Patrizzio!

Hello Abominable Snowshoers et al! Thanks are due to Tony, for suggesting we trek on Riordan, and to Sam, for leading us and breaking most of the trail! In spite of the fierce wind along the power line the rest of the outing was nothing short of magical as we wound our way through the winter wonderland. At times, even our tracks were obliterated, covered with blown snow, so not a trace of our presence remained, although Sam did his very best to leave markers along the way! Great, as well, to visit with the Ski Bums at The Edge after the exhilarating outing. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi again, Yetis, et al! Forgot to include map and stats for Riordan! Cheers, Patrizzio! Map and Stats for outing:

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/recording-mar-02-1-02-pm-2dd7586?p=-1

MAGICAL INDEED. YOU BRAVE SOULS YOU. Hugs from Hildi 😊 Thanks Patriiiizzzziooo, Great story/picture book, as always! Aarturos Hi Von Bingen and Fellow Four Stans People! Pleased you enjoyed the snapolas. Missed having The Abbess and Josinta along. Trust you are feeling better, Jos. Sounds like a very nasty bug. You need plenty of hot rum toddies!!! [Let me know if you think you'll be well enough to play bridge on Monday as we are hoping to field to tables.] Until next our snowshoe/ski paths cross, stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Latest from Tinsel Town! I just downloaded the GPX file from AllTrails. Aart

Hi Patrizzio and Antonino the mountain goat, Can you please send me the GPX file for our records? Aartyros Hi Dronkosaurus and Mountain Goat Man! What I sent is what I have unless the attachment is what you want. Let me know if this is the case. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick. Cheers, Tim





Young Patrick. Sorry it has been a long time since I have written, but the going has been a little rough. I have gotten myself in a mess, with no way out. I had the hip replacement another one to be done around May or June. I was so happy with the results... then a.. Chemo is not an option, and because couple of weeks ago they hit me with the news that my cancer is Back.. Now in both lungs, and they can nor not retreat . I was told 2 years ago that no further was possible, because of the bad condition of my lungs before they did the lobectomy. Chemo is not an option, because of other serious problems... fatty live which calcified, and radiation is not an option, because the larger tumor (which was barely visible on a cat scan is very close to the heart. I am still out and about several, but this is never far from my mind. Patrick you have been a very good friend for many years .(would you believe over 30.) And I hope for a while more.. Same with Lady Dar and Miss Chloe.. my love, best wishes to you all... wild Bill

Dearest, Dear Wild Bill! It goes without saying that I was simply devastated to learn of your latest clinical diagnosis. Please know that my heart goes out to you in this terrible time. You might not know that Corinne and Chloë/Rowan James are in Los Angeles at the moment. They left, over a week ago, and had flown down to help celebrate the 1st birthday of our great-granddaughter, Olivia Rose, and to introduce Rowan James to the LA family. I have not yet had time to inform them of your dire circumstances but I know they would both send you much love and support. Thank you, it goes without saying, for sending your love and warm wishes and taking the time to let us know about your prognosis, especially when you are faced with the irrefutable fact that the cancer is not treatable. You reminded me of the decades of our friendship and I hope, and fervently so, that it will continue, in your brave words, "a while more". 

I'll be in touch again but wanted to let you know, as quickly as I could, that we will be thinking about you and holding you in our hearts. Much love, "Young" Patrick!

Hi Patrick, I will be there See you at Ann's I hope u had sn enjoyed snowshoe I am just back from yoga😊 How is your head? Hope you are home and not in the clink with a DUI! AEB Hi Mom! Thanks for sending along the snaps. I used the one of me with the glass of malt for my mug shot. The Sergeant who booked me was actually quite jealous! Head was fine as your fabulous CC Jentsch was the perfect pairing for the Jura! Thanks again, Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello 7 7 No-Trumpers! Thanks very much to Ann for hosting and providing such delicious nibblage and vino. As well, a thank you to her for being the Official Photographer of the gathering as I forgot to bring my camera along. 
With respect to next week's game, Lady Dar will be back this coming Saturday, so we'll host on Monday. I already know some people will be away or otherwise busy but for those of you who will be playing please let me know so that I can plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Two-tablers!


Thank you Anne for hosting..fun night. I can play on Monday. Dianne I can play
Thx for hosting last week Ann And for the lovely pics Judy
Hi Judy Blue! Great that you can play next week! I did have a wonderful time snowshoeing. As well, could you send me a snap of the Lovely Isabella! Thanks. Stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Latest from Tinsel own in case you have not seen these!
I will be there. Susan I am unable to come. Have fun! Ann, i didn't mean to eat all your goodies! Cheers Carol

Hi folks, We think the snow conditions are good for the next week, so it’s off to the woods. We will: -meet at 0900 at Cherry Lane north parking lot (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland -carpool and drive to the pull-off near the road bend over Keremeos Creek. We will leave a vehicle at km8 on the Apex Road. -snowshoe up Keremeos Creek, climb Scat’s Knob, and come down the north side to the forestry road. From it, we will find the large clearcut which will take us close to km8. -find a location for our usual debriefing and refreshment. -return to P’ton. Interested? Let me know. Cheers, Jim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment