Friday 8 June 2018

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to the Salt Mines We Go Blues: Saturday, June 9th!!

I believe that in the course of the next century the notion that it's a woman's duty to have children will change and make way for the respect and admiration of all women, who bear their burdens without complaint or a lot of pompous words! -Anne Frank, diarist (12 Jun 1929-1945)



My alarm clock woke me this morning, at 6:30 am, as it had been a long, long, hot, hot slog yesterday!
 

Christina Tassell OMG Patrick James Dunn, the life you lead!!
Patrick James Dunn Happy to have been able to tour the incredible salt mine, just outside, Kraków, in Wieliczka, today!

Hello The Sisterhood! Thanks for the continuing update on Marlo's treatment and evolving treatment. Given what everybody is going through I though you all might like a litter diversion. This mother cat and her kittens were at breakfast the morning we left Rytro. Mom came and rubbed my leg so I fed her some ham and then she was my friend forever. Found her kittens shortly afterwards and one was too frightened to eat any of the preferred ham. However, quite a family grouping!

Had a truly remarkable tour of the incredible salt mine, just outside, Kraków, in Wieliczka, today! No time to describe just yet but I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow when I move, but a block away, to the Ginger Hostel. Ibis Sunday check-out isn't until noon so I'll have time to move my possessions. I leave for Aarhus on Wednesday, at 4:59 am! Tomorrow I'm re-riding route to station and scoping out lift so that I know exactly where to go with my gypsy caravan, panniers and knapsacks! Must away as last group dinner, in the Town Square, shortly, arranged by Katarina, at a restaurant which serves traditional food and with local musicians and dancers. Much, much love, to one and all and please tell Marlo and Ryan they are both in my heart. Fondest and Cheers, Patrizzio The Hard Rock Salt Miner! Pics: Mom with kittens; Salt mine entrance and salt crystal chandelier! Translucent salt statues.

Hello, The Sisterhood! Trust everyone is well. Final dinner last night was a wonderful affair. Katarina treated us to traditional food: sour soup, perogies with different fillings, (sauerkraut, cheese/potatoe and meat), huge platters of pork with potatoes and dumplings, and tangy fermented pickles. Dessert was a lovely Pannacota but I was so stuffed that donated mine to Glasgow! A very tasty sour cherry liqueur, which I found terrific. A local group, Ladjkfolk, sang and danced between various course and they were riveting. Two woman, one sang vocals, and four men, an oboist, an accordionist, a double bassist and a singer/dancer. I bough their CD so will play it on the Hope-Pricneton when we are driving back to Penticton on July 16th, a little more than a month from now! 

I was still tired from almost three hours underground in the salt mine so I thanked Katarina, for leading both tours and after a number of final group pictures, I bade everyone goodnight. Back at the hotel I could barely brush and floss before flopping into bed, close to 11:00 pm. Life on the road, ain't easy, Dear Reader! Much Love and Fondestos, Patrizzio, Canadian Freeloader/Dad/Poppa! Pics: LadjFolk with Canadian left-footers; group photo and our two, lovely, lovely, efficient servers!

Taking the birthday girl out for crêpes! Rach is 28 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment