Sunday 24 June 2018

Walkin' the Halls of The Chatrité Blues: Thursday, June 21st!

The longest day must have its close -- the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning. An eternal, inexorable lapse of moments is ever hurrying the day of the evil to an eternal night, and the night of the just to an eternal day. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and novelist (14 Jun 1811-1896)



Once I was up, (slept fitfully from 4:00 am to 6 am), I had more blood work.
However, am pleased to report, Dear Reader, although I cannot communicate this to anyone, at the moment, due to hospital Internet Blackout, that I have managed to walk the eerie corridors of my ward and adjacent hallways for half an hour, three times a day, smiling and nodding greetings to the various nurses, doctors and other staff members, pleased, I feel, that I'm recovering under their concerned care and attention. Even getting to "know", by way of observation, some of the other "sorry" patients, sorrier, it seems to me, in spite of my own illness, lost souls, from witnessing their loneliness and obvious upset.




No comments:

Post a Comment