Tuesday 5 June 2018

Krynica Ski-Lift Blues: Wednesday, June 6th!

The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (6 Jun 1913-1983) 


Up at just before 6:00 am to have a quick shower and do a bit more laundry as items should dry nicely over the course of a full day. Downstairs to see if I could have a cup of java and helpful woman at Reception was pleased to make one for me, after she phoned Agnieszka, on her way to the hotel, in her car, to find out which buttons to press. Machina needed to be turned on and then we were away to the races. Back upstairs to find Glasgow up told him tea and coffee were available so he went downstairs for a mug. I sent a few messages and then let The Sunshine Goils know about tea/coffee as breakfast wasn't served until 8:00 am. More messaging and was able to book my tour for Auschwitz-Birkenau for this coming Monday. 

Down for breakfast and it was quite a lovely spread so enjoyed chatting with the gang as we ate our delicious breakfast. Katarina arrived about 8:30 am and gave us the plan for the day. We were to cycle to the base of the ski gondola, Zabierz Rodzinę Na Jaworzynę, have a look see atop and then return to hotel to leave our bikes there, and change/shower, if people wanted, as we were then gong to go mineral water tasting! I am looking forward to that as I've uite nejoyed all the various bottled, (glass!), mineral water we have had as complimentary beverages, in our rooms, upon arrival. Fabulous cleansing antidote for all the Żubrówka. After lunch a walk was suggested but I think I'll visit the bike shop instead as I need new brake pads and I'd like to see if they can be replaced this afternoon.With any luck, the owner will be French!

Hi Artur! Thank you for your more than prompt reply. Sorry I haven't responded sooner but it has been a hectic last few days, mainly having to do with flat tires, and more, but all is well now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to meet on Monday, at least during the day as you suggested, as my tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau is that day. I presume I won't be back in Kraków until around 4:00 -5:00 pm. Once I'm back in the city I need to make train reservations for the next leg of my journey, to Aarhus, Denmark. I hope to do this on Friday, June 8th. Whether I can book a seat for myself and my bike, for Tuesday, June 12th remains to be seen. I'm hoping I have enough "flexibility", given the time constraints I have until I return to Valence, France, no later than July 1st, that I might be able to stay in Kraków until Wednesday, June 13th.

At any rate, I apologize for being so vague about getting together but if you might be around later on Monday afternoon/evening perhaps we could arrange to meet then, time/location to be determined. Friday evening is also a possibility but Saturday, being last day of tour will be full with wrap-up activities. I'm not sure, as of this writing, where I will be staying. I'm hoping to stay at the Ibis but it is a very busy place and I might not be able to keep the room. Otherwise, I'm intending to stay at the Ginger Hostel just around the corner. A number of my fellow bikers have already stayed there and one will do so after Sunday morning's check-out.

Anyway, that is how things stand. If we can somehow salvage a meeting that would be wonderful but please do not change any of your plans to try to accommodate me as I would feel very badly if you did and I was somehow not able to follow through, given all the uncertainties I have described. Again, thanks for your patience and I am truly sorry that I cannot meet at your University office as it would have been a delight to see some of the buildings and classrooms there, not to mention seeing you in person! Until I hear from you or know more about my life on the road, all the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Good evening, please tell us the information in order to provide you with the accommodation that you need: your dates of arrival / departure number of people type of a room wanted. Kind regards, Julia Hello Julia! I would like to arrive on Sunday, June 10th, anytime after 10:00 am and stay until Tuesday or Wednesday, June 12th/13th. I do not have my train reservation yet so cannot be precise about departure date. I would like to reserve in a 12 bed dorm or an 8 bed dorm, for one person, myself. Thank you for your help. Cheers, Patrizzio!

ok then, the information is the following: we have availability for rooms requested by you from 12 till 13 of June (day of departure). 12-bedded dorm - total price for the period 10-13.06.18 = 195 pln 8-bedded dorm - total price for the period 10-13.06.18 = 210 pln Please, let us know about your decision, Julia Hi Julia: Thank you for the quick reply. I would like to reserve the 12 bedded-room for the period 10-13 = 195 pln. However, if I am able to make my train reservation for Wednesday, June 13th, would that be fine? I won't know until at least this coming Friday or Saturday. I would let you know as soon as I am able to confirm my train reservation. Thank you for your assistance. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Good morning, here is your confirmation at our hostel. Please, check your personal data and let us know about any changes whether it is the change in dates or cancellation or other :) See you soon! Julia Hi again, Julia! Thank you for confirmation. I will be in touch as soon as I know my firm schedule. Cheers, Patrizzzio!

Hi Pat, something in the back of my head says its your birthday. If it is “””””HAPPY BIRTHDAY””””” If not please save this until it is. So where in the world are you now, hope all is well ..Steve..

No comments:

Post a Comment