Thursday 14 June 2018

I Been Down So Long Blues: Friday, June 15th.

I believe that in the course of the next century the notion that it's a woman's duty to have children will change and make way for the respect and admiration of all women, who bear their burdens without complaint or a lot of pompous words! -Anne Frank, diarist (12 Jun 1929-1945)


Up at 4:00 am feeling less like the space cadet of the last few days. My plan is to be back at Chahpkl well before 9:00am when I hope, (according to latest intel), to catch next connection to Pardubice, and hence to Hamburg and Flensburg. All going, as I trust it will, I should arrive in Aarhus on Saturday. Stay tuned! Fondestos, Much Love and more, Cheers, Patrizzio/Dad/Poppa! Ok Patrick, WELCOME on saturday! Margareta When will you arrive in Aarhus saturday? ☺️

Up in plenty of time to have another shower and pack up what little I had unpacked the night before. Room included breakfast so I went downstairs for java and scrambled eggs as I knew I had a long, long day ahead. Back to my room to collect my panniers and knapsacks and once my bike was brought outside, I loaded it and made my way back to train station. Didn't have to wait al that long, once there and was soon aboard and much relieved, let me tell you Dear Reader, not yet aware, of course, what was waiting!

By the time I reached Prague, about four hours later, [Chap sitting across aisle from me very kindly took my bike and baggage from train to platform. He asked me where I was from and when I told him he mentioned that he hadplayed for Pittsburgh Penguins in 90's, I believe. From his impressive build, he certainly looked like a professional hockey player! Any way, I had to book another reservation for my bike, on to Berlin, but could not get anything for two days! How do these things happen? 


Fortunately, there was a 24 hour storage service available so I took a large locker for my knapsack and the pannier without my computer. Left my helmet and gloves as well. I was hoping I could a find a hotel close by but after about two hours of searching I thought I might be sleeping in the park! Next thing I knew two young couples from the Ukraine offered to help me and in fact secured a room, for two nights, at Maria Capra, a place I’m sure told me they had no available rooms when I ‘d asked earlier, such was my Wild Mountain Man look, with blood encrusted face! I'm sure everyone thought I was homeless! Thanking, from the bottom of my heart, my Ukrainian Saviours, I went to my room to collapse onto bed. After a nap for a couple of hours I managed to drag myself into shower and felt much refreshed after that. Back to bed to fall asleep almost immediately.


Had an email from Steel Magnolia, [I will be at train station Aarhus at 11.25 a.m. tomorrow. Will I need a car or can you bike with all your stuff? XO, Margareta], who was still unclear about when I would be arriving, in Aarhus, so had to shoot off another quick message telling her about new set of travel circumstances. At this point I imagined that, all going well, (How naive, Dear Reader, as events eventually unfolded!), that I would be in Aarhus on Sunday, June 17th: "Hi again, Dottore! You will need a loading van! Maybe on the lads could ride my bike back to your place if space is an issue. Remember, new arrival is now on Sunday as opposed to Thursday as I originally hoped. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!" You can see that I was still in fairly good spirits and imagined that I would be able to travel to Denmark, as planned. 

Hi Patrick hope you are alright if I don't have a mail from you before you arrive, I will go to train station, Because of other appointment I can be there around NOON Please hang around. If things go wrong, take a taxi to my address. Taxis take bikes as well. I will pay for it. See you! Margareta

We are all so glad that you got some rest. But were very worried when you were silent for so long. Just not like you.Take it easy and don't rush your travels. Look forward to hearing when you arrive in Aarhaus. Hugs Corinne Did you make it? How is the body doing? take care Glasgow Pat Hope you are in better spirits!!! Those pictures were real mug shots. Do you know what happened? Cheers Ben


Hope that train ride was relaxing. You really look like you need a few days of R@R. 
You could tell some pretty good stories about how the "other guy" faired. Arnica is a great healer ,remover of pain and anti inflammatory in case you need a bit of help healing. I don't think vodka alone will do the job! I finally got out my bike and found I could go a little further up a steep hill than I usually managed. I'll try again this morning to see if that still holds true.
I've mainly been in the upside down U shape weeding my garden for the last 4 days. We are due for some blistering hot weather for the next little bit so early mornings are the time to be active. I'll have to hole up in my abode mid day with a good book till the sun abates.....Speedy healing, and check out a new pair of safety shoes. Happy travels and good luck, Patricia


Hi Patricio, Hope you a feeling a bit better. Post something on Facebook so we all know you are still alive and kicking!!! Donna Florida


No comments:

Post a Comment