Wednesday 13 June 2018

Rest and Recovery at The Ginger Hostel Blues: Wednesday, June 13th!

The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (6 Jun 1913-1983) 



Spent most of the day resting and when few items of laundry were ready, (ie. dry!), packed both panniers so my knapsack and the rest were ready to go almost as soon as I would be up next morning.
I knew I had to be ready, well beforehand. Since elevator did not come to 6th floor, where I was staying, I knew I would have to carry all my bags down two long, steep flights of stairs to 3rd floor to take elevator to one flight above where my bike was locked to stair railing on ground level. Slept as much as I could during the day and early evening as I was still feeling pretty meat-grindered. Confirmed cab would be at hotel by 4:00 am next morning, took a long, long hot shower, [Very carefully, as you can imagine, Dear Reader, after yesterday's fall!], and then collapsed on my bunk to have a restless sleep. 

611 Burns Street Can I move in? It'll be 2 years, at most 6. Randy Hi Randy, sure come and study wine making in the Okanagan. We would love to see you.I’m in Manitoba staying with my mom. My brothers daughter has been diagnosed with bone cancer so he and his wife are in Winnipeg helping with her care and that of there 2 grandchildren who are 7&9. Patrick does not know that you are going to Tokyo to teach. He has been in Europe for past 2 months. Will be home July 10. We are planning trip to Vietnam in early April next year and then we go to Japan for 3 weeks. Hope you will be around then. Keep in touch, Hugs
Corinne I mean defect to Canada! We have an insane president. Great that you're coming to Japan. Yes, I'll be there and I'll meet up with you wherever you might be planning to go. I will be based in Tokyo. Your niece's situation is awful. I hope you and your family are bearing up. Let me know your travel schedule and I'll plan to see you in Japan. Love, Randy We are welcoming all refugees from the US. I agree Trump is dangerous and off his rocker. Let’s keep in touch, Love Corinne

[
Gaelan Rescigno posted 11 June 2018]



Hi Patrick! Sorry about that. For what reason were you in hospital? "hopefully everything is okay and stable now. Is it 11.25 am Friday, then? 

I will not be able to leave work untill probably, 3 p.m. on Friday. I am having job interviews untill 1.30pm. And then another meeting. Are you able to bike to my place or not? It's app. 5 KMS. Send news on your way tomorrow, if possible. XO M Margareta Hi Patrick, I wrote Ayn to get info on the accident and your condition. I hope you can manage the trip to Aarhus. I suggest you take a taxi with all your stuff to my house. I will ask Johan to be there. Perhaps I can even persuade him to meet you at station and go in taxi with you back home. I pay for the taxi. If I find other solution I write you again. Have a safe and restful trip. Xo m Margareta

This is really cute!,...just saying Hello!
All is well here in sunny California....great beach weather ...with a nice ocean breeze so never gets real hot on the coast...
California dreamin...busier than ever now with the kids out of school for the summer Enjoy 🙏😊 Murielle (Elle)


Hi Patrick, if you need anything Just call me on this number or email me back. All the Best for the rest of your trip Diane.

Hello Diane! We just met at the hospital in Kraków. One of your sons was awaiting some tests and you and another son very kindly drove to me to a pharmacy to fill a prescription and then dropped me off at my hostel. The extreme kindness of strangers, indeed!

You might recall that I was on a tour of Auschwitz, on June 11th, and I fell just before the first half of the tour concluded, ending up spending the night at the hospital in Oświęcim. When I returned to Kraków the next day, I fell again! I was returning from the railway station as I needed to change my train reservation, having missed my original departure as a result of first fall. Someone bumped into me, inadvertently, near the Castle, and I went down again. Thankfully, I did not lose consciousness but was pretty banged up, nonetheless. Was taken to hospital by ambulance but was discharged a few hours later, after I was stitched up! And that is when you came to my much appreciated assistance! Thanks again, for this.

At any rate, I simply wanted to thank you again for your most generous kindness and genuine concern. I trust you and your family are fine. All the best. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Onward!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment