Thursday 19 December 2019

El Diablo and the Cat and Mouse Blues: Thursday, December 19th!

And the evil is done in hopes that evil surrenders / But the deeds of the devil are burned too deep in the embers / And a world of hunger in vengeance will always remember. -Phil Ochs, folksinger (19 Dec 1940-1976)



 
Hi Pat. Just checking to see if anyone will be home between 2:00 - 2:30 today for a wine delivery. Jodi Bartier. Buongiorno, Jodi! Yes, there will be someone home, either Corinne or myself, between 2:00 - 2:30 pm today. Thanks very much. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Excellent! CU this afternoon.  

Hi Salish Sea Abuela/o Folks! Thanks for the latest lovely, lovely snap of more than handsome lad! He certainly is a bright looking boy. Amira looks well, [Can't remember her friend's name.], as does Viejo Grizzled Abuelo! Congratulations, again! As well, Lady Dar would like an address so that we can send a gift for Zev so when you have a moment, please pass it along. Thanks for the warm Christmas wishes. Same, of course, to one and all. Everything goes extremely well with both Chloë and Rowan James and his Nana Minder. 

Must away as I'm heading back to the pool shortly. Lady Dar just left for her yoga class and then she is heading over to Chloë's as she would like the car to do a bit of her Christmas shopping. Abuela Corinne is more than happy to look after Rowan, especially since she is able to watch The Young and The Useless while he is napping! Fondestos from both of us to you, Calamity, Whirlygig and to Zev, of course. Stay well. Cheers, The Tummler Torpedoe! Pics: Elf's Abuela.

Hi Logodaedalist! As soon as I read the message from Wordsmith I knew I'd be hearing from you, Giggenheimer! [In fact, I was going to call Zev "The Zevster" but your obsessive logodaedaly beat me to the punch!] Sorry to hear about Laura's complications but pleased that it would seem they have been successfully resolved and all is now well. Zevster is really alert, remarkably so,articularly given the fact that he is less than a week old. But has it come to this, Whirlygig, that we, formerly feared by the Lexus Polizei, dreaded on the doubles court by 'Orrible 'Ungie and the VLTBC Villains and never outbid at the bridge table are now consumed with one-upmanship, trading videos and snapolas, [I sent you a message earlier this morning.], of our respective grandsons! How the mighty have fallen!!!

Nonetheless, I 'm sure we wouldn't have it any other way. Just back from the pool where I managed to flounder my way to the two mile mark! Home just in time to be there when Jodi Bartier, of Bartier Brothers, delivered our latest release. She and her husband, and son, live in Penticton although winery is just south of Oliver, so she didn't mind dropping off product. I've invited them to our Open House on January 1st so hope they will pop in.

Must away as the motion sensor driven lights at back are not working. I'm hoping bulbs are gone as that will be easiest problem to fix. Complicated by the fact that I have two deep rows of firewood against wall where fixture is mounted. I'm hoping I can put a couple of sheets of press-board atop the row closest to the wall so that I can put a small stool there to enable me to reach fixture. With firewood, angle is such that extendo-ladder is not really an option as I don't really want to move the second row if I don't have to do so. Stay tuned! Fondestos from Lady Dar, minding Rowan James while Chloë is running Christmas errands, to you and Calamity. Cheers Two Mile Tummler! Pics: Care and feeding of The Boy, last night, and his burgeoning menagerie! Pics below are from Chloë. Is he related to Zevster? Morning moods ❤️


When I took a look at the lights, as things turned out, everything fell into place, as detailed above, other than the fact that I didn't need stool. One of the bulbs was burned out and once I replaced it, Presto, sensor lights were back in business! While I was so engaged, Lady Dar was minding Rowan James while Chloë was running Christmas errands. After I put step-ladder away I did  a round of shouldares and then walked over to Winnipeg Street to have dinner. Lady Dar had prepared Jackpot Casserole, [Thanks Clarisse!], a family recipe, much beloved by Clan Durston: ground turkey, cream corn, tomatoes, green peppers, oniones, and gluten-free pasta. I made a small mixed salad and while we enjoyed the delicious dish we watched a couple of episodes of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.


No comments:

Post a Comment