Monday 2 December 2019

Light Dusting and Miss Etta Sings the Upset Tummy Blues; Monday, December 2nd!

The question is whether or not you choose to disturb the world around you, or if you choose to let it go on as if you had never arrived. -Ann Patchett, writer (b. 2 Dec 1963)






Thank you thank you thank you! I had a lovely holiday with my family in Philadelphia- flying back today with my puppy in tow - she has become quite the good traveler! And looks just like the first pup in your sweet card! CONGRATS on your new grand baby!!! Much love from south of the border...and longing to return! xoxo, Jane Hi Never-Never! Pleased you enjoyed the card and that, more importantly, you enjoyed a wonderful family Thanksgiving, in spite of dreadful weather. Your new pup sounds like a seasoned traveler already. Here are a few more snaps of The Boxer, [He looks like a tiny pugilist when wearing the mittens Ayn sent!], aka as Rowan James, taken over last few days at Winnipeg Street! Cheers, Patrizzio!



Need to run a few errands myself today and then will pop over to Winnipeg to see how The Sisterhood are managing and find out if they need anything.

Hi O Susannah and Lady Di! I just talked to Judy Blue and Lynda cannot play this evening so with only three of us we can't play. I asked Chloë if Rowan could come over but she said it would be past his bedtime! Thanks anyway and I'll send out another message about next week. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Knitting Needles Woman! Yes, I'm a tad disappointed about bridge but nevertheless, I'll be home until about 10:10 am when I have a doctor's appointment, annual physical. I'll be home in the eraly afternoon after I pop in to see Rowan and Co! Let me know which times work best and will look forward to seeing you then. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! How about 2:30ish or 3? OK if later is better 4 u Susan Hi Mitten Woman! I plan/hope to be home by 1:00 pm so anytime, that suits you, after that. See you domani! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, I think Gerry said it all in his reply but I must add that he is a beautiful baby. We were so excited that we got to see Rowan and Chloe plus you and Corinne of course. Thanks so much for the FaceTime call. We look forward to meeting Rowan in person. Cheers, Dawn


Hello The Sisterhood and Independently Wealthy, Croesus Rich Terrace branch of the family! Just back from The Sherbrook Baths in Winnipeg where Rowan James was given a bath, [not total immersion but rather a good all over scrub with a cloth.], by The Sisterhood while I looked on. He really didn't fuss at all so a lovely experience for one and all. Must away to bed as I'm tired but probably not as exhausted as the 24 hour caregivers! Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! Pics: First bath for Baby Hippo, before, during and after; and sad cats! Hi St Hilary! You should fly up with Ayn, next week, and after you meet Rowan James, you and I can go wine-tasting! Cheers, Patrizzio! AWWWW! I would LOVE to!  Sigh. I definitely need to plan another visit VERY soon. Give that adorable grandson of yours a big smooch from me...and I hope to see you all soon! xo J.

Hi pat: Was away in midway last week……..it’s ok, the woods were cccccccold but silent! Ps. nice sideways video………..needs a bit of work? Chris Hello Deer Hunter and Media Critic! Thanks for best wishes and congratulations even if you don't appreciate my avant garde filmic techniques! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Beauty, Now, what am I missing? I thought Chloe lives in penticton? Not vinterpeg ck 

Vinterpeg! You haff relatifs in de old country, maybe? You may be able to hit a moose at 1000 yards but you obviously can't read the fine print on my messages! Chloë moved from Sendero Canyon to Winnipeg Street, about five blocks from us, so she is far, far better situated because she is now withing easy walking distance, not only of us, but also of most of the services she might need.

It was quite a lovely coincidence, in terms of the name, as both sides of our respective families are from Winnipeg, although Chloë is only one not born in Manitoba. We took the bus to St Paul's as back in 1976 we didn't own a car. Corinne was born in Dauphin while St Boniface was my place of birth. My Mom had gone to Nursing School at the hospital, of the same name, there and worked in the Outpatients Department once she graduated. She stayed for a couple of years until she applied for another job, in Favourable Lake, a fly-in mine-site there and met my Dad. The rest is history as is often said! My first house was a log cabin! You should have been around as you could almost hunt from your back porch, I have been told. Trust the backstory helps. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Proving yet again why I should not text or use emoticons……….. Smiley faces be damned All clear, I knew she lived up the road, yet you threw me with the ‘Sherbrooke pool’ mention Talk soon grampa Xoxo Chris Hello Perth! Thanks for best wishes and congratulations on Rowan James. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Anna Maria Tremonte! Thanks again for all your good wishes. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment