Friday 27 December 2019

The Sisterhood, with Rowan James as Back-up, Croon the Costco Blues: Friday, December 27th!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. -Louis Pasteur, chemist and bacteriologist (27 Dec 1822-1895)


Chloe Alexis Dunn This is a month......how did we get to Rowan’s one month birthday already?! 😊🥰❤️🎂 where did the seconds,hours,days and weeks go?!  
Original pencil sketch for The Wind in the Willows
Up at just after 7:00 am when El Diablo was agitating for a drink of cool, cool water from the bathroom sink. After he was finished, I padded quietly out of the bedroom to let Lady Dar sleep. Zapped my java and then prepared their "designer" cat-food, shrimp and pumpkin mixed. Seems as if I mix both they will eat everything, as opposed to straight pumpkin. Don't know why it took me so long to figure this out! Went back to the bedroom to look for my reading glasses and poor Etta came dashing out once I opened the sliding door. I guess she had been in Lady Dar's closet when I first closed it behind me. Anyway, I put on a jacket and went outside to sweep the front walks of the light dusting of snow which fell overnight. 

[Hello Tinsel Town, et al!

Thanks very much for the fabulous trapper's hat! [For the great book, as well!] Wearing it, I might well start my own TV Show!  Since most of you have been "bombarded" with snapolas of Rowan James, of late, I thought I might give Etta and Duke a chance to show you what they have been up to! Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! Pics: Christmas Eve: Away in a Manger! Boxing Day! Joey, from Simi Valley, visits Burns Street! I don't need no stinkin' diapers!] Then around the back to shovel the driveway. Not much effort as there was but very little snow. At any rate, find that if I do this before any tracks are made, 

whether by car tires or footwear, the exposed concrete surface melts any remaining snow far more easily. [Just looked outside and the front walkways are almost completely dry.]
 
Lady Dar just left to collect Chloë and Rowan James at around 10:00 am as they are off to do a Costco run in Kelowna, mainly for the "supplies" for the Open House. Originally I was going to go with Corinne but Chloë decided she's like an outing. Our eKona is not as large as was our Equinox so with RJ and all the groceries on the list I felt it would be too, too cramped. I've plenty of firewood to split so I don't really mind. Went for a bracing ride yesterday so today I'll concentrate on my shouldares, exercises my physio has given me to help increase range of motion, flexibility, etc. Very pleased with how things feel and know that swimming helps.

Will probably be a fairly quiet weekend, preparing, ahead of time, a number of the dishes we plan to serve on January 1st and watching movies on Netflix. Started The Irishman a day or so after it was released but Rowan James was not keen to have our focus on De Niro so we'll have to try to schedule it when he is sleeping, as he often does, for three hours or more! Last night we watched The Goldfinch and quite liked it. We were quite amused that for much of the film Duke slept on Chloë's lap while she cradled Rowan. For her part, Etta really likes the crib we have set up in my so-called office, so they both seem to be adjusting to having a new "creature" in the house.

Hello Van Dusen Woman! Thank you for the New Year's Wishes! Wonderful, wonderful snap of lights at Van Dusen. Pleased to hear your new carpet is in and looks fine. Great that James could be there to help card! However, quite distressed to learn about your mother's pneumonia. Knocked the stuffing out of me, as you know, towards the end of my 2018 bike trip, and I'm almost twenty years younger. Please pass along our concerned thoughts and best wishes to her.

Yes, Christmas was quite something with Rowan James under the tree, so to speak! Yes, your lovely gifts were certainly much appreciated. Entre nous, I have been gently "prodding" Chloë to send out thank-you cards and she is trying to do so. Up until fairly recently both she and her mother have had their hands pretty full with establishing a routine for Rowan James and fitting into it themselves.

Please pass along best wishes to Sandy and David. Am jealous of your coming trip to India but more than pleased that you will be exploring new regions as well as returning to favourites. We all wish you, Janet, and James, a Healthy, Happy New Year in your newly renovated/refurbished home. Stay well, dear friends. Travel safely. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Sun Peaks Woman! Thank you, so much, for the lovely card and New Year's Wishes! Not to mention the terrific snaps of your handsome, handsome young men! Please pass along best wishes to one and all. From all of us, on both Burns and Winnipeg Streets, we wish you, The Kamloops Four, a Healthy, Happy New Year. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Friends! Just a quick message to invite you to, [or remind you about], our Open House on January 1st, 611 Burns Street, anytime after 2:00 pm. I apologize if you have already received the attached invitation but I know that some of you are not on any of my "group" lists so didn't want to miss anyone. It would be lovely if you are free and have time to pop in to say hello and welcome the New Year and meet Rowan James, our youngest grandson, born a little over a month ago. We know it is a busy time of year but it would be grand to see as many of you as can make it. Cheers, Patrizzio!




Thanks for this Patrick but must decline as I am already engaged with three different events. That said, I wish you all the very best for 2020 and will see you at some point I am sure. Cheers Leighton
Thanks, Patrizzio, we are looking forward to the open house. We will be there with bells on, but please let us know what we can bring... Applies, a main, ensalata...? Bill Hi Guillermo and The More Than Lovely Rita! Delighted you will be joining us. Thank you very much for offering to contribute but you really do not need to bring anything. Just your appetite for hootch and Lady Dar's fare! I worked up both as I'm just back from a 61 km jaunt to OK Falls, via McLean Creek Road and loop on Oliver Ranch Road past Stag's Hollow and then return on Eastside. Rum with hot lemonade now called for to help me thaw out! Enjoy New Year's Eve! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Happy New Year! OMG he is perfect! How wonderful. Rowan James is here!
Congratulations to all. We are in Aruba but thank you for the invite!
Happy New Year and may 2020 be filled with love, laughter and new Dunn memories! Hugs Balsamic Leigh
Hello Beach Bunny Balsamic Babes! Lucky Rudolpho for being in such pulchritudinous company, [great reindeer antlers!], probably drinking local rum, no less! Lucky for Santa that Christmas deliveries are over! Obviously, you are charging too, too much for your product if you can jet off to sunnier climes while the hoi poloi are forced to stay at home, shivering and shoveling! We trust we can arrange a time to see Rowan James, over a drink, or more, when you are back. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Patrick, thanks for the invite. Unfortunately neither Sandy or myself can come. Sandy will be in Edmonton over New Years (Yikes!) and I'm in Argentina on a job until end of January. I've just arrived in Montevideo, Uruguay, and will be heading down to southern tip of Argentina for project. Maybe we'll try to catch up with you when I get back. Happy New Year, Norbert

Hi Polar Express Goil and Sunny Climes Man! We'll miss you both at the Open House but know you'll be enjoying yourselves! [Did you try any of the wonderful Tannats available in Uruguay, Mr Montevideo? Bring back a case!!!] We trust we can arrange a get-together when you are both back. Until then, stay well and travel safely. Healthy New Year from Lady Dar and Patrizzio, Chloë, Rowan James and his Rabbit!
Healthy New Year to all our friends and family, from just around the corner to all the far-flung corners of our world! Lady Dar and Patrizzio! 

Thanks, Patrick. Still have company in large amounts. Have a drink for us.
Cheers, Carol & Jim
Hi Carol and James! We'll miss you but understand completely. You are dealing with company and we are getting ready for company! Hope to see you for hiking in 2020! Happy New Year to you, James, and Carol, and family, from Lady Darjeeling and I. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment