Monday 9 December 2019

Route Regulare and the Dipsy-Doodle Bidding Blues: Monday, December 9th!

I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary, but slinks out of the race where that immortal garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat. -John Milton, poet (9 Dec 1608-1674) 






Hi Patrick. Are we playing tonight? Dianne Hi Lady Di! Yes, we are on for this evening, any time after 6:30 pm. O Susannah and Josinta will be playing as well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Di

Hello Pinot Grigio Tippler! Glad you enjoyed the card but sorry to hear Mad Cap was suffering. Trust he is on the mend by now. Stay well, especially Mad Cap, without enough Pinot Grigio in his system to fight off flu bugs! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!



Wanted to go for a ride as it was a bright clear day and I knew that this weather would probably not last for long. Was suited up and ready to roll by about 1:45 pm. Temperature was just above freezing, 1.1º C, but with the brisk wind out of
the North at 14 km/h, gusting to 17 km/h, it was pretty chilly and both my toes and fingers were tingling by the end of the ride. As I'd started out fairly late in the day I decided I didn't want to head to either Summerland, Naramata or OK Falls as all three involved highway or busy thoroughfare travel and since it starts to get dark around 3:30 pm I preferred to stay on quieter, better lit streets around town.

This being the case, I settled for a Gerbil outing, describing a series of three slightly different loops off Power and Westminster, with nine repeats on each. By the time I'd finished with this part of the hamster wheel I only needed a quick foray into the SOEC parking lot and I was ready to head for home. Pleased to be back inside to thaw my frozen digits but pleased with the more than
invigorating ride. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4324589489#.Xe830EjocrA.email

Hello Amiche e Amici! Lady Dar and I would like to invite you to join us on Wednesday, January 1st, to rid yourselves of hangovers and start 2020 off with a blast. Some of you may know that we had originally intended to host our Open House on Saturday, December 14th but with the birth of Rowan James, Tuesday, November 26th, and the visit of his Aunt Ayn, from Tinsel Town, that same weekend, we decided it would be better for all concerned if we postponed the bash until the 1st of January. We look forward to seeing as many of you who are able to join us. Until then, Happy Christmas to one and all, and a Healthy New Year. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Rowan James deciding which outfit to wear!
Sweater from Alex and Kevin, worn for hospital visit! Why are these damn straps so tight? Mom, I'm not interested in a sauna. I'm not a polar bear, either, but I might become an endangered species if you don't uncover me! Time? Judi

Hi again Kids! Besotted grandfather that I am I forgot to attach invitation! Cheers, Patrizzio! thanks for invite. Shame we can't be there. Doesn't look like we have to get back as the hip is doing well!! Happy new year to you all. see you in May hugs from Gill

Hello Hipster! Pleased to learn that your hip is doing so well! Enjoyed a very pleasant evening of bridge last night with just one table. Lady Di had all the cards and played extremely well so she ended up with top score, followed by Josinta. O Susannah and I are furiously reading Bridge for Dummies!

Susan had given Chloë a toque and mittens a week ago and Rowan James wore the toque to the hospital this afternoon, for regular check-up, since being discharged. Doctor was pleased with young lad, saying he is extremely healthy and has gained weight, from 8 lbs 6.5 oz to 8 lbs 11 oz, after normal fluctuations, post-birth.

On another matter, I'm hoping to collect another load of fire wood from Spiller, sometime this weekend, if that is fine with Phillipo. If so, I plan to work away on the two rows in the clearing. Will get Kid Chelene to push the wheelbarrow! Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks.

Keep up good work with hip rehab. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Hope to attend Annual Christmas Picnic on Thursday but not sure yet what my duties with respect to Rowan James minding might be. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rowan James in spiffy toque, knit by O Susannah! One table tonight. Pam and Mary Lee at Tuneagers concert last Saturday.


Thanks for the invitation, Patrick and Corinne! It's on our calendar, see you then Hanneke and Doug Yes, January 1st seems much more sensible! See you then. Marian and Tim Dear besotted Definitely Snug as a Bug 😊 Hope to see you on the 1st. AEB A very cute little guy indeed! Hope to make it to your Jan 1 open house for a bit! All the best of the Christmas season for you and your family and of course in the new year! 2020 here already …..I can hardly believe it Patrick! We should have cared for ourselves a bit better if we knew we would still be here in 2020! Cheers….Kilian

Thank You, Mucho gracias Patty me lad, But We are unable to attend...Have a cheer thought & swig for me and for Vicky..DBJS Way down south where bananas grow...





No comments:

Post a Comment