Friday 13 December 2019

Post Chauffeur Gerbilization Blues: Friday, December 13th!

A man is not old until his regrets take the place of dreams. -Yiddish proverb



Hi Pat and Corinne, Today Zev was born at 1:50. Mom and child are doing really well. 7.4 lbs. They went to hospital about 9:30 last night. He was born at 13:52 on the 13th. How are Chloe and Rowan James doing? Love George and Jane xox Hip Hip Hooray to Zev and his proud parents! Congratulations to the more than chuffed grandparents as well! Babies everywhere!!! Love, Lady Dar and Tummler! Congratulations what a wonderful holiday present. He looks lovely. Where was he born? Hugs Corinne Aw! Thanks so much!! How are you and your family Poppa Dunn? Lots of love, Abuelo, Abuelita y Morita xo

By the time I had done a number of household chores, both at The Burns Street Bistro and at The Rowan James Manor, I wasn't ready to ride until 1:30 pm. The wind was out of SSE at a fairly steady 13 km/h so I decided to don my Hamster Hat and follow my route regulare. Riding further afield meant being on busy roads in the late afternoon when darkness starts to fall. Furthermore, we were to go for dinner at Tratto that evening so I needed to be home by 5:00 pm, at the latest. Anyway, I proceeded on The Gerbil Highway, describing more infamous loops off Power and Westminster, but was happy to do so as these streets provided pretty good shelter from the icy breeze whenever I headed into it.

About two thirds of the way through the ride I headed back, along Lakeshore, to the PTC simply to keep me from becoming so dizzy that I was in danger of falling off my Trek! Then retraced my route and few dipsy-doodles off Burnaby and I was headed for WWW and home. Quick shower and change and we were ready to meet Rowan James and his two minders at Tratto. Map and Stats for ride:
 
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4334989228#.XfQvO2My7-g.email

Hip Hip Hooray to Owen and his proud parents, Zoe and Matt and his siblings, Miriam and George! Congratulations, of course, to the more than delighted grandparents! Babies everywhere!!! Love to all, Corinne and Patrick!

Hi Pat, Congratulations Grandpa!! What a handsome young fella. I love the name Rowan. I'll be doing a few deliveries in Penticton next week and can definitely drop your package at your house ( I'm in your neighbourhood everyday dropping my son at Pen Hi). I'll be in touch early next week. Have a great weekend. Best regards, Jodi Bartier


Hi Jodi! Thanks for the congratulations on Rowan James. "Rowan" was Corinne's grandfather's name and "James" was my father's name, as well as my middle name. Thanks so much for dropping off our wine. Certainly much appreciated. On another matter, we are having our Annual Open House on January 1st. Our doors will swing open at 2:00 pm, on New Year's Day, so we'd love you to pop by. Bring your son if you'd like. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you, Jodi. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rowan James with his Aunt Ayn at Tratto this evening.


Thanks for the updates, Patrizzio. Looks like a grand meeting of the hiking club. I went by last Monday to Tratto and they were closed so I went to Bad Tattoo for pizza and beer. When they were painting the sign I thought it was the second coming of Bad Tattoo - didn't look to closely at the spelling and said to Lovely Rita that Bad Tattoo was opening a new location - with just pizza... Possibly we'll check it out next week, after we hear your review:) We received a dinner invite for 6:30 tomorrow. When does the open house open? We'll try to come earlier rather than too late. Bill

Hi Bad Tattoo and Lovely Rita! Christmas Picnic was loads and loads of fun so a great way to start festive season. Our doors will swing open at 2:00 pm so you'll hav epelnty of time to pop by before your dinner.

Funnily enough we went to Tratto, [Believe it is short for trattorio, an Italian-style eating establishment that is generally less formal than a ristorante, but more formal than an osteria, in case you were wondering!], this evening and had a simply marvellous time. Chloë and Ayn walked, [another reason why move to Winnipeg Street has proved its worth!], with Rowan James in his stroller, to restaurant and Lady Dar and I met them there. The food is certainly wonderful and when we made reservations, [I suggest you do as it has been full ever since they opened.], Chloë asked about gluten-free possibilities for her mother. Staff were able to come up with a polenta dish that was very tasty. Unfortunately, no gluten-free pizza dough at this time. Our three pizzas were killers as was appetizer. Wine list is very good, both local and Italian, but you'll need to bring your own Grappa! Two of the very tasty, tasty desserts are gluten-free so Lady Dar was in heaven.

Menu is relatively simple, wisely so, in my opinion. Only slight reservation I have is that space is really quite noisy. High ceilings and concrete block walls don't absorb much sound. I suggested, to one of our servers, baffles of some sort but since place has only been open for a little more than a month, I'm sure owners, [two Italian brothers from Vancouver], have plenty on their plates, so to speak, getting things up and running. I was a tad worried about Rowan James but he slept peacefully through entire meal. 

Overall, everyone was most impressed and I think place is really a terrific addition to fine food scene here in town. Am curious to hear how you feel if you have a chance to eat there. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Restaurant next door to Tratto. What a great name! Ms Tinsel Town, Ayn, and you know rest. Young woman, [can't remember her name], was one of our servers. She and her husband, [Both from Vancouver, as well, although she is originally a Pentictonite!], have an interest in restaurant, as well. She is pregnant and due in May, so she and Chloë had much to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment