Monday 28 May 2018

Lady Dar and the Transformation of the Burns Street Kitchen Blues: Tuesday, May 29th!

To blame the poor for subsisting on welfare has no justice unless we are also willing to judge every rich member of society by how productive he or she is. Taken individual by individual, it is likely that there's more idleness and abuse of government favors among the economically privileged than among the ranks of the disadvantaged. -Norman Mailer, author (31 Jan 1923-2007)


Hi Patrice, I finally managed to take some time out to catch up on your last email as guilt was starting to set in due to my normally attentive nature to my friends lives. Anyway sounds like you are having a very interesting and entertaining time and I am very glad for you. I do wish I could have partaken in some if it with you but on the up side you will have lots of fresh stories to tell me as we ride! 

I have been getting out on the bike again and was surprised as It seemed to be very little effort to ride across town and back. I rode over to VGH to see my Mom as well as down toy friends shop at Kent and Oak and although a bit saddle sore otherwise felt good. Unfortunately I do go back to work next week until the end of July when we come up to see you guys. Would love to travel light and bring the Sunbeam so maybe I can rent a bike or borrow one again. Must get going as I am starting on my garage extension project today and want to try and get it done before heading back to the grind.
 

I saw this girl while out riding and she was asking about the famous Patrizzio and if I knew where he was and how she may join up for your ride?. Send your contact info so I can put her in touch! Stay safe! Cheers, Al

Hi Patrick, sorry I have not emailed for awhile. I've been busy getting the house ready for the renovations before I leave again for Manitoba. Which I am doing tomorrow at 6 am. Will stay in Falcon until the 20th of June. Mom is very happy I'm coming back she is quite lonely with out George and Barb. I'm working with a great designer supplied by the cabinet maker New Generation which is on Ellis. She has designed a fabulous kitchen which I'm really excited about. It is going to transform our living space.  
The cabinets are white and the counter as well is white. The island will be grey to match the fireplace with the white counter top. I gave them a 50% deposit of $16,000. so we will be in line for installation in July. Scott has said that he can do the demolition in June to make it ready for July. I think you will love the design which includes book shelves on the wall where the cabinet from Salvation Army is now. Marlo is to have come home today providing that a hospital bed was set up for her in the living room. She will now be looked after by Cancer Care as far as I know there is no treatment plan set up.

I had a great time at Spirit Ridge, ate at Wayne and Michele's every night. We went to Kismet for lunch on the Saturday where Sandy and Dave were playing. We all really enjoyed the music and the food. Their wine was also great. Michele's friend Michelle and Doug where there as well. Looking forward to going back with you in July. Hope you are enjoying Poland, I'm sure the scenery will be great. I will email you from Falcon. Chloe plans to go over the July 1st weekend. She is really upset about Marlo and the emotional pain that everyone is going through. I miss you and love you! Lady Dar
Hi Patrick hope you aren't lying on the floor in shock over the kitchen. 

If you can commit $25,000 to the Reno's I can provide the rest. I arrived in Winnipeg around 2 and George drove me out to mom's. He gathered up a few things and then drove back to Winnipeg. Marlo will get a back brace tomorrow and have her first radiation treatment. They told the kids last night not sure if Quinn really understood but wants to help. We will go into the city to see Marlo next week, mom needs to see a denturist and of course wants to see Mar as do I. We will wait to see how the radiation goes and how she is feeling. She can't climb the stairs so has her hospital bed in the living room. Just had a short windy thunder storm here. It was 38 C. Chloe said that rain is expected in Penticton tonight. She is happy not to have to water the garden. I did plant some zucchini and some tomatoes before I left.
 

You must be having a great time with Matt. Just talked to Patti. They leave for Spain on Thursday will be doing a Rick Steve's tour while there. Lots of garden work here so I will keep busy and some wedding work as well. Thinking of you,
xxxooo Corinne


Map and Stats for ride: 
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2736546884#.Ww2Sd3F_3zc.email

Hi Patrick, i have put $300 in the joint acct for you. Could you please pay the Costco bill.
I have been once since you left and also paid for gas for chloe when we went into Vancouver last Friday for her procedure. Thanks Corinne                
Dear Sir Pat!
Trust all is well and no news is good news. Phoned Lady Dar and only got ansaphone. Perhaps I should have booked a wedding! I arrived back from France on monday. I was away with Now The Twin Town in a suburb of Paris.now I have a new phone and can send emails. Let me know how your trip goes. Fondestos. Sir James and Lady Patricia.
Hi Old Farts, Jim here….back in P’ton. There has been very little response to Pete’s plan for Lundbom Lake on Thursday, so I believe he is scrubbing it. Here’s another idea. Let’s hike up the Rock Oven Trail from Skaha Bluffs. We will: -meet at 0800 (please note the time) at Home Hardware north parking lot (0740 at IGA in Summerland) -carpool and drive to the Skaha Bluffs parking lot -hike the Rock Oven trail. I am hoping that we will do the circuit, returning via the pictographs. -meet afterwards for coffee and debriefing. Interested? Let me know soon. Cheers, Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment