Friday 14 December 2018

Mild Temperature Bike Riding Blues: Friday, December 14th!

We have in fact, two kinds of morality, side by side: one which we preach, but do not practice, and another which we practice, but seldom preach. -Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970) 


A lovely photo of the beach babes! Greetings from Hildi! Aarturos

Patrick…... Have you been babysitting this child? Hi Heraldo! Foist and Foimoist, I don't think I've ever received a message directly from you! Hip Hip Hooray! That being said, I must emphasize, and strongly so, that I resent, with my entire being, being stereotyped! You might well have directed your snarky question to Lady Dar, wine guzzler extraordinaire! For my part I might have pled guilty had the glass contained Single Malt, sips of which Ragin' Bull and I enjoyed enormously yesterday afternoon! Backstory, now a feature film on Netflix!

Must away, my favourite Retired Pill Pusher as Lady Dar is serving her own home-made pizza and I must needs open a red to go with it: a 2016 Township 7 Syrah, 14.5% if I have hope of but a thin slice of her delish thin-crust wonder! Fondestos from both The Dar and The Bull to you and Donna Maria. Cheers, Patrizzio! From Terrace! Congratulations Niclole and Marvin! Here is the way to raise Kaiya Michele! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Pat. Loved the video!! M Mercado Haha I can’t imagine raising a child any other way!! ;)

Hello Patrick & Corrine, Trust you are well and looking forward to the holiday season. I was going to attach my message to an e-card but hey......I'm not savvy enough to do that so only the message for now. Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2019 from beautiful Bangkok. Trip is going very well. I am afraid to see my weight as the food is great. All the best..Bill More from where these earlier ones came from, for your Falcontainebleau collection. I meant to send you this other one.


Thank you so much for suggestions. I think I will give Dana Milkman and the Wilson Books for Christmas( then I can read them afterwards) and Wally Midnight Line for the same selfish reasons. We really enjoyed watching Fortitude, Lava Field and Border town and thanks to you will check out Mammon and Tin Star. Your kitchen looks heavenly and perfect for entertaining! Love the bright colours you chose for the other areas. Your place looks really welcoming. I envy you your skilled neighbours.
 

Pic is slowly improving. Couldn’t reach a vet but had to rely on Internet and Parrot groups for help. Perhaps we will take him to the Twin Lakes hospital in the spring . I tried contacting a local animal hospital but they haven’t yet got back to me. The trauma of taking him out while he holds onto a perch with one leg just doesn’t seem plausible. I read a study where they give aspirin to birds so Three times yesterday I quartered the dosage in 250 ml water and it seemed to perk him up. Won’t trust my luck by administering more. In some ways Kamloops is very much a small town. I was watching curling from Estevan and with a population of only 11000, the town seems to have more facilities/ shops than Kamloops. Anyhoo dear friend.. must attend to lunch etc.


Hi Patrick, My family and I are going away for the holidays, so I wanted to wish you the very best of the season. Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanza or Yuletide or Festivus or indeed any other holiday or none at all, I wish you, and the people you love, the best of times and much happiness throughout the coming year.

I was going to suggest that if you needed a gift idea, one of my books would be ideal, however, in the spirit of the season, it would be so much better if you could donate the price of a book to your local Food Bank or homeless shelter and help someone whose holiday season may not be so merry. Very best wishes, Robert.
 
Hello Fartograms, Here is the invite for another Monday hike, December 17. This time we will be taking you to the peak of Indian Mountain/Pine Mountain on the south end and explore the top. It is a moderate hike, an new idea from our own Karl, who has already hiked it several times, including recently with Al Tinka, the father of all hikes! We will be under Karl's very capable leadership. It is a moderate hike, lasting about 3 hours over approximately 8 km. For the seasoned Fartograms, this should not be an issue. I.e. you can use all your energy to enjoy the outdoors and the views, and not to huff and puff! Trail head is somewhere on the Shingle Creek Road close to the Bob Tail ranch, so we need high clearance vehicles. As long as we have some, it should be good with carpooling.

As always, we will get together at the IGA parking lot in Summerland at 9:00AM. Pentictonites will need to gather at 8:40PM at HH in Penticton, then carpool to Summerland. After the hike the usual get together fro beverages of your choice! See you there! Aarturos & Karlos


No comments:

Post a Comment