Sunday 2 December 2018

Xmas Trees and The Bottleneck Blues: Sunday, December 2nd!

The question is whether or not you choose to disturb the world around you, or if you choose to let it go on as if you had never arrived. -Ann Patchett, writer (b. 2 Dec 1963)


Dear friends, Hanukkah Sameach! Chag Sameach! Chag Urim Sameach! From Lady Dar and Patrizzio! Thank you Patrick, your Hebrew is sparkling! We'll be firing up the first candles with Dr. Michael and Elaine, then speeding down to central Berkeley for a play! Hope that it's soon springtime in Penticton! D & N 

Hi Speedsters! Trust play was more than enjoyable. Have to enjoy Xmas before we can entertain thoughts of Spring! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks for the thoughts! Cheers and Hugs S THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY CARD. MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR! Ania Thank you Corinne and Pat - and peace to you too. Amos & Pat


Thanks Pat! Enjoyed Corinne's visit. It was short but very nice indeed.
We did Hanukkah, now Christmas, and all these holidays are beginning to kill me! I have given up and now celebrate everything in one way or another. Mostly another. Fondly, Nancy
Thank you Patrizzio. Best wishes in the holiday season. Al & Cheryl Patrick we have not received any information about our book club night address Etc are we supposed to bring anything. Louise, Colin, and myself want to know what we should bring and where to go. Thanks Patrick. Dame Judith Hello Dame Judith! I understood that you three were hitching a ride with Lady Dar and I, consequently I didn't send along Josinta's address. If, in fact, you are making your way to Summerland under your own steam, the address is on Faircrest. 
 
Turn right onto Solly, (first set of lights), from highway and follow it until Bristow Rd where you make an extremely tight right-hand turn. Just before you reach the end of Bristow turn left on Fairview and house is on the left with a wide driveway. I usually park on the street but with your leg you should park below, close to the door. 

As usual, people will bring an appetizer and/or a bottle of wine. In any event, let me know how you wish to make your way to Summerland. If you three are coming with us I assume we'll collect everyone at your place, shortly after 6:05 pm on December 6th! Fondestos from Lady Dar, out with Chloë at Light up the Vines on Bottleneck Drive. Earlier this afternoon we cut our own tree, in Summerland. While so doing met a couple, Kimo and Joanna, who also live in Sendero, not that far from Chloë. Invited them to our Open House as they are relatively new to Penticton, only here a year. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Tree farm and Miss Etta inspecting our tree!Thanks for the invitation. Unfortunately we will be in the English Channel on Queen Elizabeth and I don’t think I would be able to convince Captain to change course! The airline ticket you are sending me won’t go to waste though. I can cash it in to help pay for the bar bill on board! We we at Trelissick house last evening helping with garden lighting. Cheers Derek

I really am confused now. Louise offered to drive Colin and I out to the event when we last met. We said OK. I think our wires must have crossed. So we will go with her, however we still need to know if we are suppose to bring something. Judi Dear Crossed-Wires Dame Judith! I did mention, "As usual, people will bring an appetizer and/or a bottle of wine.", in my last message. I trust directions are suitable and we'll see you in Summerland, loaded with cheap wine and cheese. Cheers, Patrizzio!
  
Hi Concert Goers! Today was the third time in as many days that we've been to Summerland! [Four, counting tomorrow's hike!] Earlier this afternoon we cut our own trees, across from SummerGate.  Dropped our tree off at home and then headed to Sendero to help Chloë set hers up. 

I left The Sisterhood there and headed home while they drove back to Summerland to attend Light up the Vines on Bottleneck Drive. Lady Dar is just back, [Chloë had to do a bit of shopping before she came back to Burns to have dinner, Lady Dar's scrumptious pizza.],with four bottles of wine, and said the two new wineries, (To us, TH Wines and Lightning Rock), that they visited were producing some quite interesting whites. Also visited Lunessence, apparently under new ownership. For my part I wasn't aware that there were so many wineries, 21, two cideries, a brewery and a distillery! Might have to move to your basement suite! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Yellow Snow! Hi Snow People! Trust everyone is well and enjoying frozen beer! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Clan Durston! Trust all goes well! On a travel matter, Rosita, Lady Dar and I were talking about you last night, once back from dinner, sitting in front of the fire, sipping on a very tasty bottle of red, a 2015 Terravista Syrah, 14.9 %, and I was wondering if you might like to come back to Penticton for January and February, or even longer. As you know, the winter is far milder here and I need someone to cook with and be my bridge partner! Anyway, just a thought but wanted to see what you and others might think, in terms of what is going on with Marlo and rest of family. Must away as we are going to watch next episode of Outlander. Lady Dar has just watched the episode she missed when in Vancouver. Fondestos to one and all. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, Thank you for the note. Thank you too for supporting the Tuneagers by attending our concert on Friday. Btw I almost didn’t recognize you with pants on😉 Pam Hi Naramata Nightingale! Both Lady Dar and I enjoyed the concert immensely and are more than happy to support the terrific group. Onward! Trust you are feeling better and that this afternoon's concert went well!Must away as we are going to watch next episode of Outlander. Lady Dar has just watched the episode she missed when in Vancouver. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: I think you better be careful about saying you didn't "recognize [me] with pants on", as some people might wonder!
 
Hello Tardy Three-No-Trumpers! Having only heard from a few of you I am making another executive decision to hold the game tomorrow, Monday, December 3rd, at 611 Burns Street, any time after 6:30 pm. Look forward to another two tables if Olga Polga, Judy Blue, St John Ann and Susannah can play. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Patrick. Are you including me in your count as I am available. Thanks. Dianne Hi Dianne! Yes, you are one of the two who responded! See you this evening. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Happy December to one and all! Lady Dar and I would like to invite you to our Open House on Saturday, December 15th, anytime after 4:00 pm. Trust everyone has been well. Look forward to seeing you, especially those living in Europe and The So-Called United Kingdom! Everyone in family welcome. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Cut our Christmas tree today! Met Kimo and Joanne, a couple new to Penticton, doing the same. They are from The Netherlands and they are coming to the Open House so no excuses. First class tickets are in the mail!!! Etta inspecting one for our place! 
 
Would love to come.  Will be a fair bit late though.  Like five or six months.
Cheers, Colin Dear Patrick Thank you very much for your kind invitation - if we win the lottery we’ll be there! We had neighbours over for drinks and nibbles on Friday - they left at 1.30am so hangovers were the order of the next day! Yesterday the girls, boys and Carol came for lunch so another boozy do. Got work today - I was made redundant recently so next Monday my last day. I won’t miss getting up and coming home in the cold and dark but will miss the camaraderie . Love to all Penny xx
Thanks for the invitation. Unfortunately we will be in the English Channel on Queen Elizabeth and I don’t think I would be able to convince Captain to change course! The airline ticket you are sending me won’t go to waste though. I can cash it in to help pay for the bar bill on board! We we at Trelissick house last evening helping with garden lighting. Cheers Derek Dear Patrick Oh how we wish we could join you! Have a wonderful Open House--hope we can reconnect in the New Year. Lots of love for now Jo-Anne


Hi Corinne and Patrick There will be 8!! I am cooking a turkey so bring your appetite. Come over about 5. Please bring a veggie dish that you like, Corinne
See you Sunday Judy Sounds great! See you then! Will bring a large veggie dish. Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment