Monday 10 December 2018

Snowshoe Riordan and The Toboggan Bottom Blues: Monday, December 10th!

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. -Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914)


Hello Bidders! Do we have enough people for Monday evening? I gather Olga Polga has offered to host. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! I'm in. Jos  Sorry, busy this evening. Susan Not this time for me. All the best. Mike  

Can I ride with you?  Dianne Or I can drive?  Dianne Hi Lady Di! We'll see you here at 6:10 pm and we can decide at that time who will chauffeur. Trust this is fine. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick.  But if I am the fifth or ninth I can opt out for tonight. Dianne

Hi Summerland One-Tablers! Thanks to Olga Polga for hosting and allowing Craigola to play! What a card shark he turned out to be! Certainly a fun-filled evening, full of tasty treats and wine aplenty. Thanks, as well, to Lady Di for being such a wonderful chauffeur. 

I know people are very busy at this time of year but I'm wondering if any two of the regulars might be interested in joining Ragin' Bull and myself for bridge Wednesday evening? This would include a fabulous dinner beforehand and the company of exceedingly handsome, erudite, witty, and charming men, as well as Branko and I! He is arriving in the late afternoon, coming for the weekend and our Open House on Saturday. Lady Dar is away at her book club. Anyway, let me know and I'll plan accordingly.
 
With respect to next week, please let me know who is available and when you might wish to play. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Fun times! I am pretty tied up with my little part time job until the 24th.....sooo will pass on bridge until Jan. Hope I can fill in then , as needed. Hope to see you for a quick visit at your open house on Saturday. Newbie Ann Thank you for the invitation! We will try our best to make it. Thank you. Shana Miller

First snow shoe trip: What a day... Al <https://photos.app.goo.gl/FbfWmmXvwiGmNBE19> Beautiful Al, thank you! Aart & Jos Thanks for the beautiful photos Al. It was a glorious day in the mountains. Cheers, Tim and Marian Great shots Al. Yes, what a day. It was so good too see you all again and be out in the snow. Cheers Teresa Thanks Al, Great photos, great snow and great company Martin I was going to forward this video to Martin as I knew he would like it. Since I wanted to send you all my mulled wine recipe, I have put both in the same message. Unfortunately, I have the tune from the video stuck in my head. If only all politicians could be so relaxed.
 

Mulled Wine: 750ml bottle of port (Bright’s Old Tawny costs about $8 and works well – you don’t need $25 Taylor-Fladgate for this); 250 ml water; 3 or 4 orange slices; whole allspice; cloves; cinnamon stick; star anise if I have any; sugar to taste

Bring to simmer and leave for about 10 mins (longer if you want to use it straight away) Strain off the orange and spices. I tend to make it the day before and leave overnight before straining. Enjoy Tony
Hi Tony!Thanks again for the ride and the mulled wine and the recipe and the video!!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!Hi Kids: A terrific tasting mulled wine. From one of the hiking & snowshoeing gang. This is what we had at the end of Monday's outing! Great for a Christmas gathering. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hello Snow-shoers, Mulled Wine aficionados, et al! Thank you to T Rex for showing us that you are still, beyond the shadow of a niggling doubt, top Dino and Official Photographer, to non-Taylor-Fladgate Tony for the more than marvellous mulled wine and to St Kilian for the wonderful ambience and hospitality of the Ski Patrol Chalet. The day was all that we could have asked for, the snow superb, (At least for a toboggan run! I fell three times and last time I decided to slide most of the way down a steep run!), and the comradeship beyond compare. The stillness and silence, the fairy-tale, snow-covered trees and breath-taking views, all contributed to a magical outing. What a start to the season! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Bonita! Could you forward this to Karen and/or send along her email address. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Looks like a great time, you and I will have to go! Yes indeed! I was hoping you'd be hooked once you'd seen views and vistas!!!



Great photos thanks Patrick! Great hospitality, thanks St Kilian! See you Saturday. Cheers, Mulled Wino Patrizzio! Thanks for the recipe Tony. We loved the video. Now to try making mulled wine. By the way, the snowshoe today was wonderful--lots of fun! Cheers, Tim and Marian Hello my good friend, the whiskey gulping Patrizzzzziiioo! When I downloaded your photos I noticed that the time taken is wrong. This is quite annoying when you try to compare and organize them with other photos taken of the same event. Can you please correct this on your camera? Thanks! :-)8-) Aarturos Fine!!! Jawohl, Mein General, my good friend the OCD Aarturos! Yes indeed Kisses from the Opp Cap Doc Thanks Patrick for your photo account of the first snowshoe of the season. Thanks to Aart and Kilian for organizing this fun ascent of Riordan. Cheers Tim and Marian.

Many thanks, dear friend, caro amico! I look forward to your open house next Sunday. I forgot to ask Jos and Aart for their phone number and address, in case I should need to be “ferried” to your place. Please give them to me. Grazie tante! Renato Ciao Professore Rispettato! Felice di pianificare la partecipazione al nostro Open House, ma è sabato 15 dicembre, non il giorno seguente, domenica! Ho chiamato Josinta e Aarturos riguardo al tuo possibile bisogno di fare un giro ma non ne ho mai sentito parlare. I loro numeri sono. Vivono al  Faircrest. Ti chiamerò una volta che li avrò ascoltati, ma potresti chiamarli tu stesso. Fondestos da Lady Dar che le manda grazie per le tue noci. Ha usato alcuni di loro nelle sue crostate al burro per l'Open House! Saluti, Patrizzio!
[Delighted you plan on attending our Open House but it is on Saturday, December 15th, not the following day, Sunday! I have called Josinta and Aarturos about your possible need for a ride but have not heard back from them. I'll give you a call once I've heard from them but you might wish to call them yourself. Fondestos from Lady Dar who sends her thanks for your walnuts. She used some of them in her butter tarts for the Open House! Cheers, Patrizzio!] We are in Seattle tonight and in Mexico by tomorrow afternoon. Hope you will be at our table whenever you come to a tasting. Can't wait for another dinner party. I had such fun on Friday night. Started reading Milkman on the plane. It is so far a very weird book. Dame Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment