Monday 4 March 2019

Garnet Valley Road Blues: Monday, March 4th!

It took less than an hour to make the atoms, a few hundred million years to make the stars and planets, but five billion years to make man! -George Gamow, physicist and cosmologist (4 Mar 1904-1968)


I will not be able to play this week. Wishing you all good cards ♥️ Judy Hi Kids! So far, Carolina is the only one who has indicated she can play this evening. If both Susannah and Rolly Polly can play then we'll have one table. If not, then we'll have to cancel. Please let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! So sorry I am not able to play tonight, hugs, Olly Hello, again, Terrific Three! Since Olga Polga cannot play we'll have to cancel this evening's game. Too, too bad but with the return of Lady Dar, this coming Thursday, it will probably be easier to recruit at least four players, or more, next week. Until then, stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Oh shucks .. disappointed but i will get over it !!  Thanks tho patrizzio Carol I’ll be ready when things get going again. Susan
   
Patrick, Nice to see you and meet your friend, Toshi, at the movie last Thursday. I am a scratch for tonight. I am sick with a nasty bug. Good cards to all. Pamela Hi Pamela! Sorry to hear you are down with a horrible bug. What a drag! Too, too much time in the warmth of Hawaii. Hope you are feeling better soon. Had a wonderful few days with Toshi. She really is a lovely young woman, part of the family now.

I'm playing bridge with Olga Polga at Anglican Church in Summerland tomorrow afternoon. Josinta is busy with Bodil's arrival, with Arlo, so I'm her substitute. Not enough players for a game tonight so I'm pleased to play on Tuesday.
Take care of yourself, Pamela. Best wishes to Bill on his knee surgery. He'll be out cycling before I'm even wheeled into OR! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Good Evening Dear Fellow Cartwrightians! Many, many thanks to Rosemary, Selina and Ruby for the exceptional trek through their own backyard! Thanks to Al for organizing the outing with our remarkable guides. The entire day, from the sun to the snow to the amicable companionship was a delight in the extreme. Thanks, again, to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Fine photos Patrick! We continued up to the top of a bump, then proceeded down a long and very steep, snowy grade. It was the most skiing that I have done this year! A beautiful outing indeed! Cheers, Tim Hi Ski Bum! Glad you enjoyed snaps but am just as happy I didn't join your gang for return, giving steep descent. Stay well. See you at some point. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hildegard Schmidt Great pictures....I missed another GREAT DAYπŸ€—πŸ˜Š Patrick James Dunn Everyone missed you, Von Bingen! See how terribly disappointed Aarturos was! Cheers!

Hi Taffy and David/Margaret! Wonderful outing today. I won't be joining the gang on Thursday as outing will be pretty arduous, from Jim's description. Anyway, I was thinking of going to Carmi for a couple of hours and was wondering if any of you were interested, if not joining group at Apex. I would like to start around 9:30 am +/-, (being collected or collecting Taffy who lives en route), as I have to drive to Kelowna to collect Lady Dar from airport, that afternoon, and plan to do a Costco run beforehand. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Sorry for sending album again, David, but I just now put Taffy on the mailing list! 

Would love to join you Patrick but a different meeting is occurring on that day so we won’t be able to make either walk in the snow

David Hi Patrizzio, Yes normally I would love to join you snowshoeing, however, I will be in Vancouver until Tuesday week. Colin Thanks for the pics. Hi Lads! Thanks for letting me know you won't be able to join me. Too, too bad but I understand everyone's busy schedules. Trust I'll see you, at some point after my surgery, on March 12th. I plan to attend St Patrick's Day tasting on March 17th Taffy so will probably see you sooner than David. Until then, stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi there, This week, we are planning something just a bit different…..like giving you two outings to choose from.  Below are suggestions for this coming Thursday: Snowshoe up Apex.

Rick has offered to lead a snowshoe group to the summit of Apex Mountain.  The plan is to attempt Apex from Winter's Creek Road.  We can set off along Nickel Plate’s Prospector Trail and head up towards the Saddle from the Upper Meadow. If the going is too tough, we can change our plans and go to Beaconsfield and back via the Scout Cabin, or we can just retrace our steps. Three to four hours for these options. Five hours for Apex, but if it's clear it's a really good trip. You will: -meet at 0900 at Home Hardware north parking lot in Penticton (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland) -carpool and head for the Nickel Plate area -conquer Apex orat least enjoy a challenging day on snowshoes. -meet afterwards for debriefing and coffee. -return If you are interested, please let Rick know soon. 
 
The other option is to enjoy a day of cross country skiing at the Nickel Plate Nordic Centre. You will: -meet at 0900 at Home Hardware north parking lot in Penticton (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland. -carpool and drive to the Nickel Plate C-C Ski area. -enjoy a few hours of cross country skiing and companionship -end with debriefing and refreshment -returnYou need to provide your own equipment, though it is possible to rent some at Nickel Plate. Also, there is a fee for your day of skiing ($15.00 up to age 75). Make sure you have the ability to transport your equipment by car.If you are interested, please let me know. And, finally, a bit of shameless advertising.  Attached is the information for the Tune Agers Spring Concert.  Tickets are available from Old Farts/Tune Agers Aart Dronkers and Jim French. And, now, it’s good-bye from me. Jim

 
Carol Riera Good luck with your surgery Paprika! Patrick James Dunn Thanks Chooch! I won't need it though, with Lady Dar-Nightingale to watch over me!  Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks again Patrick for the great photos...Of course I always look closely at the ones I'm in and in the one...I look kinda mean and miserable..no offense..I was chewing on my trail mix giving me this terrible face but It's a lesson for me to be mindful that someone might be taking pictures that are forever engraved in people's psyche Ha! ha! ...have to. Laugh at ourselves There's another picture of me that is much more flattering and I do hope that that is the face that my OF compatriots know by...smiling,...enjoying life,...enjoying the great outdoors and enjoying you wonderful comrades

As for going out Thursday to snowshoe....Thank you for the invitation ... I just received a text that my Canasta group and they can play at 1pm rather than the evening and thus seeing I'm the one that initiated the invitation...I will follow through and have to decline on the great outdoors and snowshoe adventure Keep me posted on your upcoming surgery. When is it again that you are having that done??? I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to our next adventure Welcome home to your lovely Lady and a nice reunion πŸ™πŸ˜Š ElleπŸ€—πŸ’

Hi Murielle! Pleased you enjoyed most of the snaps even if you thought some of them, of you, were unflattering! I think we all need to see ourselves as we are instead of being "posed". Not that I go out of my way to shoot images that may not be as photogenic as many would like. Usually, most often, it is simply a case of snapping away and hoping I manage to catch something! Anyway, sorry you can't join me snowshoeing. Seems as if everyone else who might have liked to explore Carmi is busy so I'll head to pool to go deep-water walking, an activity I quite enjoy. Buona Fortuna with Canasta and I trust you'll enjoy more snowshoeing outings. Thanks for best wishes. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Greetings to all: We couldn't have had a nicer day. Thanks to Celina and Rosemary for coming along and leading us through their "back yard". A trip to remember. Al <https://photos.app.goo.gl/ENcpGLMP8QCteg3m6>

Hi Celina! Just a quick note to thank you, Rosemary and Ruby for such a wonderful outing. Your email address was on the message Al sent with his own album. Trust you made it to piano lessons on time! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Al!
Great pics! It was a pleasure hiking with you all, as always! Celina
Thanks again for organizing Cartwright this past Monday and album of terrific outing. I took the liberty of sending my album to Celina as I saw her email address on your message. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment