Friday 29 March 2019

The Electric Vehicle Hyundai Kona Blues: Friday, March 29th!

Kindness is always fashionable. -Amelia Barr, novelist (29 Mar 1831-1919) 





I'm was up just after 7:00 am as Lady Dar was off to her volunteer shift at Penticton Regional Hospital at 8:00 am. Did my arm/hand exercises before she strapped me into my sling and then, tea in hand, she took off. We have an appointment to test drive the Hyundai Kona this afternoon so curious to see what this vehicle, somewhat similar in size to our GM Equinox, is like. We are also reasonably close to deciding about having solar panels installed with an electric charging station as part of the package. Go Green Burns Street!  

This afternoon, we took the Hyundai Kona for a test drive. Quite liked it and we both feel it would suit our needs. Having driven the GM Bolt before Christmas we like the slightly larger vehicle. Sounds a bit silly but the dealership does not recommend putting a small hitch on the vehicle. [Extra weight and the airflow drag will affect distance between charges.] I want/need one for the bike rack I have on current car. I will call the hitch dealership, on Monday, [It is closed until then.], to ask them if they are able to mount one on the Kona. The salesman assured me that it was possible, given battery location et cetera, but I want to consult the installers first before making a final decision.
 
On the solar panel issue am pretty sure we will be proceeding. If all goes well, with the city permit, installation should begin in early May. As might seem obvious we will have a tier two charging station as part of the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment