Tuesday 5 March 2019

Olga Polga and the Anglican Church Bidding Blues: Tuesday, March 5th!

Scratch a pessimist and you find often a defender of privilege. -William Beveridge, economist and reformer (5 Mar 1879-1963) 


Hello Tinsel Town, Falcon Lake and Sendero! Trust all goes well with Olivia and her minders! Been busy, busy, busy last few days. Still planning to go to Costco before I pick you up Lady Dar so send along a list of anything you might want.

Cartoon: Kipling West
Earlier wake-up call this morning so I was yanked out of bed at 6:05 am! Had had an uninterrupted sleep all night so didn't mind being up. Out of pumpkin and don't wan to give them wet food every day so I put out fresh crunchies. Duke wasn't interested, obviously holding out for chicken and beef, while Etta munched away, quite happily. Annoyed, he went outside and I started to answer messages. I'm playing bridge with Olga Polga at Anglican Church this afternoon. Josinta is busy with Bodil's arrival today, with Arlo, so I'm her substitute. [Not enough players for a game last night so I'm pleased to play today.] I mentioned that perhaps we might pop by to see them over weekend, depending on everyone's schedules. Also have to go to hospital to have blood tests for coming surgery. Not sure if I'll go today or tomorrow.

Must away as Duke wants to play soccer in the guest bedroom. He is back to loving crumpled paper balls and I can't get any by him, so quick is he at batting them out of the air. Stay well. Fondestos to one and all. Two more sleeps and counting! Love Patrizzio/Dad! Pics: Platter Girl; Blanket Boy; Window Watcher!

Hi Ragin'! Trust you are well. Have been meaning to send this along for ages. I'm on VIFF's mailing list and a few weeks ago this film was posted and wondered if you had seen it or even heard about it:

"La Quietud" is the name of the lavish family homestead, the location for this polished melodrama from Pablo Trapero (The Clan; Carancho). Soon we begin to see the tensions rippling beneath the bliss: sisters Mia and Eugenia (Martina Gusman and Bérénice Bejo) return home to care for their ailing father. Their relationship is close - even sexual - but also fraught with emotional betrayals and resentments, the legacy of their father’s greed. [ARGENTINA, 2018]

You probably don't know that we became great-grandparents on February 22nd, Olivia Rose! Everything went well and both mother and daughter are thriving at home, well taken care of by her minders, Grandmother Ayn and GG Lady Dar, there since last Thursday! I'm planning to go to Costco before I pick her up this coming Thursday, in Kelowna. Stay well. Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio!


Hello Absentee and Busy Bidders! Sorry I didn't send out snaps for last game at Olga Polga's! It was a wonderful evening, hosted by both Rolly Polly and Craigola, who doubled as both butler and bidder! Thanks to them both!

Since Lady Dar will be back this coming Thursday, we will host next Monday so please let me know who is on for that night. I'm suggesting Monday as I undergo shoulder surgery next day and probably won't be able to hold my cards, [but a glass of malt will be fine, no matter what!], for at least a week's worth of recovery. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Summerland Grand Slammers!


Good afternoon, Laura is no longer with Poplar Grove Winery and at this point I am intercepting her emails. Can you kindly remove her contact information from your email list. Thank you. Jana Hi Jana! Thanks for reminding me that Laura no longer works for Poplar Grove. I had thought that I'd already removed her from the list. I apologize for not doing so earlier. Thanks again, and Cheers, Patrizzio!
I can play Monday March 11 Thanks for hosting Susan Hi Patrizzio, Thanks for playing Bridge with me today. Some hands were most exciting and I will work on remembering to return my partner's lead and to lead into a suit that my partner bid. My memory will improve if I keep working on it. Thank you for reminding me and for your patience. See you on Monday eve. Hugs, Olly Hi 

Olga Polga! I had a wonderful time yesterday and really enjoyed all the different partners immensely so thanks for asking me. Very, very pleasant gathering. I really hope that you don't feel I was too hard on you as that was not my intention at all. I've always thought that you took to the game very easily and my suggestions are only intended to help move your game forward. I'm still learning so it's certainly not as if I know everything, very little, in fact. This being the case I do appreciate it when other, more knowledgeable players, offer helpful tips, not as criticism but good spirited mentoring.

Thanks as well for all the newspapers! Much appreciated. In fact, must away to lay the fire! Look forward to seeing you next Monday. Trust the nasty affliction affecting your neck will resolve itself as I know it must be a very painful situation to have to live with, day to day, not to mention how worrying and upsetting its persistence is. The fact that you soldiered on, yesterday, per esempio, is another example of your pluck. Onward! Cheers, Patrizzio! You are very welcome Patrizzio! It was fun and I am glad you were able to join me.

Also I always appreciate your guidance so I can become a better player then Bridge will be even more fun. A big welcome back to Corinne!!! And we will see you Monday night! Hugs, Olly

Count me in Let me know if you need the table!! Judy Xo Hi JB! Welcome back to the bidding, my Darling! Great that you can join us. Thanks for offer of table, yet again. I'll be in touch as soon as the numbers are in. Lady Dar is well and enjoying Olivia, plus managing, "somehow", to also fit in some shopping, in spite of her great-grandparenting duties, for a new wardrobe for her wedding ceremonies! Must away to put on a pair of white gloves to make sure there is not a speck of dust anywhere for the return of Her Ladyship! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, We are coming into Penticton in the afternoon tomorrow. I can drop the posters off before 2:00. If you are not home, I can leave them out front out of the elements and they will be well wrapped. Cheers, Tim Hi Art Dealer! Thanks for the door to door service. I certainly appreciate both the posters and you bringing them. I have a pretty full day so I'm not sure if I will be home before 2:00 pm, running various errands and such. I apologize for this but as you say, since they will be well wrapped you could lean them up against the front wall, in the nook beside the door and the overhang should further protect them. Anyway, if I can, I'll try to be here so perhaps we can have a java if there is time. Thanks again and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick, I can come a little later as I have to drop Marian off at the hair shop, then do some running around. In any event. I will have the posters well wrapped. Cheers, Tim Hi again, Driving Miss Marian! Hope we can connect. Thanks, Patrizzio!

Hi: I have a meeting Monday nite so can’t play bridge. Thanks for the newsy email. The pots sound interesting and it will be good to get some idea of what solar panels will cost.

Had a good shopping day with Ayn and found new suit etc for wedding. Pierre is BBQ and I made feta potatoes at his request. Shannon has done Brussels sprouts so should be great meal. Held Olivia for an hour today. She looks like Sam today but changes all the time. Will see her tomorrow as well. Only 2 more sleeps! Love you Corinne

Had fun with Olga Polga today. Getting to know some of the people who play there regularly. One lady, Sheila, will be 95 next week. As alert as Rosita. I've been wondering what the latest word is on her treatment? Haven't heard anything of late. I hope she isn't in terrible discomfort.

I stopped by the pool after bridge and it worked out well. Had a good visit with Bill Laven as after he did his lengths he "walked" beside me for 10 minutes or so. Not home until just after 8:00 pm to cook up overlefts for dinner. Delish spaghetti with sliced sausages for topping. Ate while I watched a couple of episodes of Mar de Plastico and even had a couple of cones for dessert! Was pretty sleepy by 11:30 pm so headed to bathroom to brush and floss. Didn't know that Duke was curled up on blanket on my side, hardly able to raise his head he was so sleepy. Of course, as soon as I finished brushing he was on the rug waiting for floss playtime. He was far more energetic than I expected him to be so we had a prolonged session, Miss Etta, meanwhile clam-shelled on her side of the bed. I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit pillow.
 
Hi all. Did you read the author of one of great reads won a $30,000 award for this book. We knew she was good didn’t we? Take care Lou Good for her! It was a really interesting. Cheers Corinne Certainly deserved! Thoroughly enjoyed the read. Senka Hello Book Fiends! I assume Luigi, and others, were referring to Lands of Lost Borders as opposed to Land Without Borders. Nonetheless, latter seems like a most thought provoking work as well. Patrizzio, Desperately Seeking Clarification!
Off the list: I didn't get the emails you sent to the book club. None of them. Dame Judith Hello Dame Judith! Not sure which messages you are referring to but the one I replied to, [see below], only had the addresses you see in the "To:" line. I didn't really pay attention to addressees as I thought it was just a bit of banter. Anyway that is why you didn't receive the messages in question. You are on the "official" group list that I maintain. Cheers, Patrizzio! that is great. Colin had shown me the e-mail today and I wasn't sure what it was all about. As Long as you have me on "your" list, that is great. dame Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment