Monday 11 March 2019

Right Shouldar Countdown Blues: Monday, March 11th!

Anyone who wishes to become a good writer should endeavour, before he allows himself to be tempted by the more showy qualities, to be direct, simple, brief, vigorous, and lucid. -H.W. Fowler, lexicographer (10 Mar 1858-1933)


Must away as I want to have a bite of breakfast before I head back to pool for last session of deep water walking. [I wrapped tape around my wrist to keep bracelet dry!] Hospital is to call between 3:00-6:00 pm to provide me with time for surgery. Important as I'm not to drink any clear fluids four hours before scheduled time, nothing to eat after midnight. Friends, Lynne and Peter Lighthall, are flying back from Palm Desert tonight so I will chauffeur them from airport back to Naramata. Plane is supposed to arrive at 11:00 pm so I hope it will be on time. 
  
Hello Monday Night No-Trumpers! I've only heard from a number of you about playing at our place this evening. I need to know numbers so that I can plan accordingly. Let me know if you will join gang. Cheers, Patrizzio! Sorry I am still sick in bed! Jos Hi Josinta! Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. I assume you didn't snowshoe either. I heard from Murielle that it was quite an outing so pleased I went deep water walking instead, spending two-and-a-half hours exercising before luxuriating in hot tub and steam room. Hospital called shortly after I was back home to say I am to check-in at 6:30 am tomorrow morning, surgery scheduled for 7:45 am. I assume I'll be able to go snowshoeing that afternoon! You'll be missed tonight as we won't have anyone to tease! Wish you a full and speedy recovery. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Patrick, Thank you for hosting tonight. I am not able to make it. Your shoulder surgery is coming up soon. Bill had his knee replaced last Friday. He came home from the hospital yesterday. He is mobile with his walker. I told him he sounds like the soundtrack of a horror movie as he moves with his walker. I can hear him moving but he takes a while to appear😊 Best wishes for your surgery and may you have a speedy recovery👍 Pamela Hi Pamela! Sorry you can't make it but perhaps we'll find another night now that snow is supposed to be going away! Pleased to hear that Freddy Krueger is haunting Littlejohn Road!You'll be missed tonight as we won't have anyone to tease about being so slow after not playing for ages! Thanks for best wishes. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

All the best tomorrow with your surgery Patrick. AEB I will play Susan Hi Parrizzio, You know that I would like to play tonight but do we have enough players? Would you please let me know for sure if I should drive in. Thanks, Olly Still away Patrick. Good luck with your surgery this week.  Dianne So – are there enough players? Susan

You were missed! A super w/e yet again ! And we’ve got another 4 yrs of it. Brilliant! What a way to enjoy Anne’s Birthday! Hello Sir Andrew, Palm Springs Denizens and Raymondo! I do apologize for not replying to your message from Ashland, Mick! No excuses but plenty of reasons! Yes, indeed, wonderful, wonderful memories. Also, terrific to be missed at Sevens, Sir Andrew. I heard nothing but rave reviews on radio all weekend long. Quite a turnout I gather. Hip Hip Hooray for Canada upsetting Fiji! That must have been quite a game. Belated Birthday Greetings to Anne as well.
One of main reasons for not driving into Vancouver this past weekend is that my surgery for right shoulder replacement is tomorrow. Had given some thought to joining snowshoe group today, however, decided, much as I'd like one more kick at the snowshoes before I hang them up for the season, that the wiser choice, for me, is to return to the pool for more deep water walking. Simply don't wish to risk jeopardizing surgery. Heard from Murielle, friend in group, that today's outing to Roddy Flats, out of Summerland, was quite a snowshoeing experience, [She characterized it as "downhill snowshoeing"!], so pleased I went deep water walking instead, spending two-and-a-half hours exercising before luxuriating in hot tub and steam room. Hospital called shortly after I was back home to say I am to check-in at 6:30 am tomorrow morning, surgery scheduled for 7:45 am. I assume I'll be able to go snowshoeing that afternoon! [Album below is of last outing I enjoyed with regular group.]
A retired Boeing 727 upcycled into a hotel in Costa Rica
Photo: Jay Kleeman
Whirlygig and Calamity Jane are coming to stay in Osoyoos over her Spring Break and we have arranged to see them, both there and here, so hope to play bridge and swill wine/malt, all with my left hand! Must away as I'm hosting bridge this evening and need to have a bite of supper beforehand, while watching more Mar de plástico. Do you know this Spanish series on Netflix? Trust all goes well with everyone. Will be in touch once I'm able to scribe again. Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio!
 
Hi all Good luck with your surgery Patrick, with a new shoulder you’ll probably be playing pickleball in no time. And sorry to miss the 7s tournament. Looks like Canada produced their usual frustrating performance, but the win over Fiji must have been fun to watch. All good here, cooler than normal, but perfect for biking and Chris has hiked the pool water up, so it’s like taking a bath. I’m up to 40 lengths which is the equivalent of 1/2 length at kits pool! The house is great, very close to down town and Ruth Hardy Park and plenty of room when the hordes descend. My sister Rosie and hubby Al arrive tomorrow, and Chris and family depart and we have three days before the next family members arrive. Played golf once with Chris and have two more booked at Escena, when Tom and Ben are here.

Apparently February was the worst weather on record here and the canyon hikes and the gondola ride are closed, which is quite disappointing, but hopefully will be open before we leave. About the only thing cheap here is wine, so we have been sampling some lovely California wines, but the 74c $ certainly makes eating out and golf quite expensive, but worth it. Cheers Mick Good to catch up with your recent news. I hope 🤞 all goes well Pat tomorrow with a speedy recovery. Yes Mike, pity Canada screwed up vs. Samoa, But made up for it especially vs Fiji- great game. Pity also they lost key players due to injuries on Saturday. Hoping to play McCleery with Blackman & Stevens on Thursday? Cheers for now. Andrew
Patrick, Our flight returned to Vancouver (mechanical). Sorry to make you wait. Please go to bed and good luck tomorrow. Peter
 

Welcome home Corinne! She looks great! Best not to test your luck...Let me know how you are doing, when you are up to it. Ciao Kelly Greetings from the Sling Man to OK Falls! I trust you are well Just wanted to send regards to you, Kelly, and let you know how I'm doing. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Corinne Welcome back! Am just reading Pat's email and got to the part about your flight delays. Last night I was out for dinner and one of my friends had a five hour delay from Westjet travelling from London to Calgary/Comox. 
 
She somehow managed to apply online for compensation and got a cheque for $900 from Westjet! I've just looked at their site and it is a maze of complications and conditions but it might be worth looking into. Also not sure if it was real dollars or Westjet dollars but either way it was good. Here's a link: <https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/flight-interruptions/service-plan> I'm going to give her another call today to ask more questions, because it would be good to know about these things in advance. Now to read the rest of the email! P.S. Did you see that a passenger on a Westjet flight was stung by a scorption on the flight!!! Maybe that was the reason for the delay! Back later Jane

Greetings from the Sling Man to Scorpion Woman! I trust you're both well and well settled back home. Just wanted to send regards to you both and say hello. Best dust storms from Lady Dark! (Lost in Translation!]
Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Thanks for the update Patrick We missed you however it was a wise decision on your part as the flats were not all that flat especially for the return way home It was a first for me that I call downhill snowshoeing!!...I managed to stay up but came close to losing my balance once or twice It was a great day out with the OF's and nice to spend some more time with that wonderful bunch...and the great outdoors🙌 I wish you all the best with your shoulder surgery and wish you a speedy recovery..It will be challenging with Physio and rehab but you are a trooper and will be back hiking and biking before you know it Hugs to you both and look forward to seeing the both of you Elle🤗🙏😊❤️ Greetings from the Sling Man to Downhill Snowshoer! I trust you are  well in spite of the slowly melting snow. Just wanted to thank you, Murielle, for all your wishes. Cheers and Bestestos, Patrizzio!

Another lovely day. A bit windy on the top, but still, or because of it, very nice. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/VidrHEQtTxF68UNh9> Al

Hi all, This Thursday, I am planning to begin at Snowflake parking lot, climb the western ridge of Baby Bear (perhaps to the top of Baby Bear), and continue north and west to the giant boulder on the Vista Loop. From there it is a fairly flat return to the Snowflake. We will: -meet at Home Hardware north parking lot at 0900 (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland) -carpool and drive to the Snowflake parking lot -enjoy a snowshoe -finish with coffee and debriefing at The Edge at Apex village -return to Penticton If you would like to join me, please reply. And again, I attach a copy of the information about the Tune Agers choir and orchestra Spring Concert. Tickets available from Aart or Jim We look forward to seeing a few of you there. Cheers, Jim

Hi Fartograms, Here are my cell-pics of today on Flickr. Great snowshoe, thanks to Tim Tinka for the excellent leadership!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99264714@N02/albums/72157679298568208 Cheers, Aart, the Mountain Bard
Hi Patrick, Thank you for the well wishes. I think Bodil and little Arlo passed this cold virus on to me. But more important, your big day is tomorrow.Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery. A big hug from your sniffing Summerland friend.


If there be such a thing as truth, it must infallibly be struck out by the collision of mind with mind. -William Godwin, philosopher and novelist (3 Mar 1756-1836)  

No comments:

Post a Comment