Saturday 9 March 2019

Sendero Light Bulb Blues: Saturday, March 9th!

Creative activity could be described as a type of learning process where teacher and pupil are located in the same individual. -Arthur Koestler, novelist and journalist (1905-1983)


Hi Corinne and Pat, We wanted to say hello and welcome home to you Corinne. We are leaving on the 15th as we mentioned and are open to seeing you whenever it is convenient for you. How are you feeling about your operation Pat? We hope it all goes smoothly and you are back on your bike before long. We are planning to do some cycling and snowshoeing as well as exploring some of the wineries.
 

[Vancouver 7’s: You were missed! A super w/e yet again ! And we’ve got another 4 yrs of it. Brilliant !
What a way to enjoy Anne’s Birthday!]
Do you have any recommendations for us for a birthday dinner destination on the 16th in the Osoyoos area? I guess we could go further possibly. Enjoy the lovely weather this weekend. Hoping all goes well on the 12th. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Love Jane and George 


Hi Calamity and Giggenheimer! Very pleased to learn that you are starting to think about packing! Plenty of maltage, few socks and sweaters, I trust! We are certainly looking forward to your visit. Call us once you have arrived and settled in and we can make plans. Depending on where you are staying you might consider restaurant at Spirit Ridge, where we've always enjoyed food, one at Masala Bistro at Kismet Winery, north on 97 towards Oliver, one Lady Dar's and ChloĆ«'s favourites, although, surprisingly, not all that many vegetarian dishes. Also Mirador at Tinhorn Creek, closer to Oliver. Too, too bad that taco food truck on outskirts is closed for season as it is a fab place indeed! I'm not really familiar with any restaurants right in Osoyoos but I think The Sisterhood could make a few suggestions, inveterate luncheon people that they are!

I was just at The Front Street Bistro, here in town, a few weeks ago, on a "date" with Flamin' who paid! Shamed the Freeloader in her! It is a wonderful, wonderful spot, [Owners, Lisa and John, are a marvellous couple.], and if you would like to go there you could stay overnight so not have to worry about driving. Lady Dar could chauffeur you there if you cut it to close with pre-dinner drinks here and you could walk back as it is a lovely walk home, along Penticton Creek. We have tickets for the St Patrick's Day SOWTS malt tasting event next evening but you are welcome to stay and snowshoe and/or wine taste for as long as it suits. Plenty, plenty of spots in and around Osoyoos with fab product so we'll give you as long a list as you feel your Salish Sea palettes can handle!

Thanks for welcome wishes for Her Ladyship who is back at Burns Street and already barking out orders so everything is back to normal. As I think you know, I'm scheduled for my shoulder replacement this coming Tuesday, March 12th, and quite looking forward to it, inasmuch as I trust it will be as successful as my two hip replacements were. Must away as I want to spit a bit of kindling. Stay well. Travel safely. Fondestos to you both. Cheers, Tummler, Il Conduttore, Patrizzio!

Dear Patrick and Corinne I sincerely hope your upcoming surgery goes well. You sound upbeat and once over you will have to give yourself some time to recuperate. Hopefully it will not be too painful. I actually don't want to think about it. Pain meds are okay but not the best. Binge watching is what you will have to engage in to serve as a distraction.

Colin went to the Scotch tasting event last night and enjoyed some VIP scotches. He can tell you better than me what he had. He enjoyed himself and fortunately did not get absolutely drunk. He was pleasantly buzzed and left about 9:15 or so. Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour. Good thoughts sent your way and lots of hugs. Jo-Anne
Hi Jo-Anne! Yes, I feel pretty good about coming surgery and am quite looking forward to it, inasmuch as I trust it will be just as successful as my two hip replacements were. I'm hoping I will be able to stop taking pain medication as soon as possible, as in my experience, side effect of constipation is far worse than post-op surgical pain!

Glad VWF malt event was so successful and that Colin enjoyed the tastings. We have tickets for the St Patrick's Day SOWTS malt tasting event just five days aftr my opertion. Other than coming surgery, I find that with such tastings here in Penticton, I'm not as inclined to make trip to Vancouver. Still wish VWF well but know that we will turn our support to literary events here in the Okanagan. Am toying with joining group for snowshoe outing on Monday since Roddy Flats, out of Summerland, probably won't be too, too steep. I think I'll give Tim Dunn, [No relation though I call him "cousin"!], leader for this trek, a call to see what he thinks. Stay well! Cheers, Patrizzio!



No comments:

Post a Comment