Wednesday 15 May 2019

Back to the Physio Blues: Wednesday, May 15th!

I feel fairly certain that my hatred harms me more than the people whom I hate. -Max Frisch, architect, playwright, and novelist (15 May 1911-1991)


Hi Exhausted House Person! Must apologize for not replying sooner but have been inundated with Freeloaders of late! Jim Hillson, former minister at St James, now retired in Medicine Hat, was here a week ago, Monday and Tuesday, then Dawn and Gerry Martin, from Terrace, arrived in their Airstream, [They stayed at an RV park here in town.], on Thursday. They came for dinner that night and then on Friday we went wine-tasting.

This morning, after I saw my physio at PRH, [Am pleased to report that my various functions have shown increased movement of range and received another set of shoulder exercises.], I drove to Rona to buy the slotted bricks which hold the side/end planking we'll need to extend one of the raised planters in our front garden.  Shortly after I was home, Lady Dar limped in. She had been out with The Flatlanders and towards the end of the walk and reported that she had torn a muscle in her left calf. 

I asked her if she heard a "pop" and when she acknowledged this fact I knew that she had torn her plantaris. I experienced the same, twice, once in each leg, while playing squash. While it is not a serious tear, it is extremely, extremely uncomfortable and painful, post-rupture, with swelling, etc., at least initially. It is a vestigial muscle so it doesn't re-attach but rather shrivels and disappears. Hope it is much better by Saturday, her next wedding at Linden Gardens in Kaleden. Have Crutch, Will Marry! We will head to Little Shuswap, Sunday morning, to spend a few days with our close friends, Ruth/Rick, from Squamish, who own a lovely cabin there. Bridge players as well so we play and play and play!

After I charged her for my diagnosis, I raked and shoveled the lava rock cover away from the area planter will inhabit, to ready it for planking. Our Kona is too small to accept the lumber so Chloë will make run to Rona with me, late Thursday afternoon/early evening, after we see Wild Rose, at the PAG Kitchen Stove series. Fondestos from a hobbling Lady Dar to you both. Wash all your windows and dust all your shelves! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Jim Hillson; Chloë and Dawn; Painted Rock; Picnic; Upper Bench with Shana; Dinner back at Burns; Wedding Anniversary dinner at FSB; extension to raised bed.

2020 Masters Tickets: The application deadline for tickets is June 2nd. You can only win tickets for ONE DAY and you can only win if your address matches the billing information on you credit card. Also, only one person per address is eligible to apply. If you can't go, enter the draw anyways, if you win I will buy your tickets at 120% of cost. Ryan.
Already in and if I win we will draw from a hat for company. SargeDone, Kid Chelene Hi Clan Sutherland! Lady Dar wants to go as she thinks Tiger looks like Alexander. This being the case, the price goes up, 120% and a bottle of decent malt! Cheers, Patrizzio!



No comments:

Post a Comment