Tuesday 7 May 2019

Sendero, Indian Rock, Physio Assessment and First Walk Blues: Tuesday, May 7th!

The bluebird carries the sky on his back. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862) 


Hello Wednesday Night Folk! As far as I can tell, there will just be the four of us so we will host. Anytime after 6:30 pm. See you then. Cheers, Patrizzio! Sounds good.  See you tomorrow.  Dianne

Hi again, Nobiwan! Close friend, Zircon, is visiting from Medicine Hat and had dinner with us last night, along with mutual friend, Linda Ervin, from Penticton, and this morning I took him to see Chloë's townhouse in Sendero Canyon. After that I took him on a bit of a sight-seeing tour to Narmata, right to the end of the road to Indian Rock. After this Jimbo dropped me off at Penticton Regional Hospital and after we said goodbye, [He was driving into Vancouver next day.], I saw my physiotherapist. I am now starting another set of exercises intended to begin stretching my shoulder muscles to start on the path to regain recovery of full rotation and extension. Unfortunately, for me, I will not be able to return to biking for at least two months so walking will be my main form of exercise. While I am eager to bike there are so many wonderful places to walk, without danger of tripping over tree roots, broken rocks or other rough terrain, where we live that I am actually looking forward to exploring some of the trails, hereabouts, that I've not been on before, as well as many of the different neighbourhoods in and around Penticton. 

I am supposed to walk for at least half an hour a day so once back from appointment I followed the Kettle Valley Railroad Trail, (formerly the rail bed, now both a bike and pedestrian path), which starts but two blocks from where we live, for half an hour. This took me about one km from the the start of the trail, a block or so off Vancouver Avenue. I have ridden it many times before, to a spot called the Little Tunnel. The KVR goes all the way to Kelowna but the trail becomes much rougher beyond the LT so I have not yet ridden it past this excavation. One of my goals is to ride it all the way to Kelowna when I'm fully recovered. Quite a few of my friends in the hiking group have done this excursion and enjoyed it immensely, about an eight hour ride.
 
Once I was back from the hospital I changed into walking gear and hit the KVR, strolling for half an hour which took me to just down from the start of the cemetery. Turned around here and made my way back, this time stopping in on Cambie, just above the KVR, to see if Mary Lee was home. She had calle dme a number of weeks before to see if I wanted to join her on her walks. Had to decline, at the time, as I was busy on days she had in mind. With my new regimen I thought I'd see if we could get together. Alack and Alas, nobody home so I'll have to give her a call or else pop in on another outing. Back home, pleased with junket! No record, as I forget to take along my Garmin so must remeber it next time!

I trust you enjoyed a wonderful visit with your parents in their home in Fukuoka. I am not sure how close we would have come to this city when we travelled to Nagasaki in 2012. Perhaps next time we are in Japan to meet with you and your family! Must away as I want to have a bite of lunch before I head out on my walk. Am planning to go for at least ninety minutes as another goal is to aim for four hours, a time that our hiking group was usually out, although over much steeper, rougher terrain. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling, [aka Corinne!], at a meeting for one of her volunteers organizations, Grandmothers for Africa. All the best, to you, Nobiwan, and your family. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!


All superchargers do not need an adapter. I charged at Hope also and there were chargers every 200 km after that so I don't know what they were doing at a different charger. We charged at the supercharger in Revelstoke on the way to you. We are heading off to the Oregon Coast for two weeks so I will review the rest of your message on the trip. Look for messages from my vacation email. Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment