Thursday 2 May 2019

Pack Up My Troubles in My Old Kit Bag Blues: Thursday, May 2nd!

It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen. -Jerome K. Jerome, humorist and playwright (2 May 1859-1927)


Norm's Sample Sale - Round Two: Hi All, If you missed the first round of sample sale, but wanted to come - good news - we’re holding a second sample sale starting Sunday: Sunday, May 5, 2019 - 10 am - 2 pm, Monday, May 6, 2019 - 9 am - 2 pm. The gate will be locked on Sunday, so please call my cell for access. Lots of great deals still available on men's dress shirts, sports shirts, outwear, pants, sweaters and more from Bugatti, Leo Chevalier, Viyella, S. Cohen, Garcia. Thanks, Norm
 
Hello Duhlink! Trust all goes well with your wedding consultations. Did you talk to Elaine about bridge? I need to know in order to let others know.

Enjoyed a lovely meal with Flamin' last night. Chloë dropped by, after her meeting, for take-away overlefts, as she was too tired to eat. Corey arrived a few minutes later but he had plenty of room to eat! Over the course of the time they were here, I think Michele has convinced Chloë to at least talk to her friend about renting the upstairs bedroom. The other offer is for Chloë to move in, downstairs, with Beckster and Kid Chelene, while she is off on maternity leave, and rent out her place. More discussion needs to be had, obviously, but at least she needs to start thinking about how she might manage, financially, as a single mother. 


On another matter, there is a tasting put on by Dubh Glas, at Fairview Golf Course, on June 19th, with light refreshments. I thought it might be fun to go and I was going to ask Hildi if we could stay at her place, overnight, so we wouldn't have to worry about driving. If you want to go, I'll ask her and take it from there. I'm off for dinner at Sendero this evening. Beckster will probably pick me up after her shift is finished. Sarge is arriving sometime today. They will go to Kamloops for the weekend. 
Did you want me to water all the plants/flowers or just the bedding plants? Let me know as I'll need to do that before I go out for dinner. Must away as I want to ride. Finished Fargo so not sure what I will watch next. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Freeloaders! Feline Freeloaders!!
Hi Flamin' and Lady Dar! Just heard a clip on the homeless on CBC Radio One in which Brenda was quoted and also spoke briefly! You should give her a call, Corinne. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Image: US Postal Service, 1968
Yes for bridge here tomorrow 7pm Should Elaine ask Marion Strough What mick and Pauli’s? CoraLee Hi Patrick Not sure how numbers are working out, but am happy to host Bridge night. Let me know. Elaine Sorry Patrick Sent this to Susan by mistake.

Elaine Hi Patrick Marion, LIZ & Doug will all come for bridge tomorrow. I’ll make a chicken dish, Liz is along seafood & Marion is bringing a salad. I’ll also make a gluten free dessert. Elaine Hi Elaine! Thanks so much from the Pushy Freeloaders! Certainly much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you and the others. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hello the Sisterhood! I just heard from Elaine and she will host on Friday, [See below!], anytime after 7:00 pm. Thanks to you both for offering to do the same but with two tables we'll need more space. She lives on Bayswater and here is her phone number. I guess we'll just add wine to the already established menu! Looking forward to seeing you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Well that makes it easy! See u tomorrow. J See you all tomorrow.... bringing white wine and chips! Cheers, S and big thanks to Patrick for arranging this gathering

John Loudon McAdam (detail), 1830
Artist unknown
Hi Patrick have you sent out email to Susan and Janet? Corinne Hi Duhlink! Yes. They know. Do you want me to bring any wine? If so, let me know before 8:00 am tomorrow morning as Chloë hopes to collect me by then.Had a lovely evening tonight with Clan Sutherland. Drinks and appetizers outside, around as yet unfinished pool, waiting for its liner. Then delicious bbq'd pork chops, roasted vegetables and yam fries for dinner, with an advance ice-cream birthday cake for Sarge! He and Michele will drive to Kamloops tomorrow, for weekend. Must away as I'm sleepy and will be up early to feed pushy kittens. Love to you and Elaine. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Dinner at Sendero. Chloë came after her meeting and then drove me home.


Norm's Sample Sale - Round Two: Hi All, If you missed the first round of sample sale, but wanted to come - good news - we’re holding a second sample sale starting Sunday: Sunday, May 5, 2019 - 10 am - 2 pm, Monday, May 6, 2019 - 9 am - 2 pm The gate will be locked on Sunday, so please call my cell for access. Lots of great deals still available on men's dress shirts, sports shirts, outwear, pants, sweaters and more from Bugatti, Leo Chevalier, Viyella, S. Cohen, Garcia. Thanks, Norm
 

Hello Anna! You probably will not remember me, [Patrick Dunn], as it has been almost a year since we first met at the Ginger Hostel! I was on a tour of Auschwitz, on June 11th, and I fell just before the first half of the tour concluded, ending up spending the night at the hospital in Oświęcim. When I returned to the hostel you very kindly took pictures of my injuries as my camera lens was damaged as a result of the fall. I do apologize for not being in touch much, much sooner, to thank you. At any rate, I simply wanted to thank you for your kindness. I trust you are well. All the best. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Onward!!!
 

Hello Patrizio, not much to report, the weather has improved sunny and warm, I took the little babe for a long walk, to give the parents a break. but is actually a good little fellow. The parents had to go to a garden store, and it was enough taking Sebastian as he is a hellion 3 2/2 fast and furious.

I had coffee with Jim Henderson, that was great, so much to catch up. it has been years since I had last him, he does not live far from me, therefore it was easy to meet. Did I tell you Iza LaPonce passed away a few weeks ago, she was already in a home and not well. Thanks for your e-mail, it always reads like a book. It amazes me how active and fast you are. keeps you fit and alert. The pics are great all these people in your life, make me feel dizzy.
 

I'm sure the wine and beer tasting is a great entertainment and the adding great food to it what a feast. Well, my dear amigo that is all for today, I am off to a walk. And dancing tonight for exercise. Love Gisela

Hi Dancin' Woman! Glad you had a visit with Jim Henderson. We have visited with them the last few years when they come up to stay in Naamata. Yes, I did know Iza and was very sorry to hear about her ill health and then death. I liked her very much, to the extent that I did know her.

Had a lovely evening tonight with good friends, Rebecca and Corey, who live in the same development, Sendero Canyon, as Chloë, although she is in a townhouse.  Love to you, Darling Gisela. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Dinner at Sendero. Both Corey and Rebecca are RCMP officers and Lexi is his dog-in-training. Just a wonderful dog but energy to burn, just like their two daughters, Avery and Ashlynn!

A 17th-century Chinese depiction of Wu, from Empress Wu of the Zhou, published c.1690. No contemporary image of the empress exists.

 Hello Roman! You probably will not remember me, [Patrick Dunn], as it has been almost a year since we first met at the Ginger Hostel! On June 12th I was returning from the railway station and fell, near the Castle, necessitating five stitches to my forehead and five to my right hand. When I finally returned to the hostel, you took a set of pictures for/of me! Thanks again, for this. At any rate, I simply wanted to thank you for your helpfulness. I trust you are well. For my part, I underwent surgery for complete replacement for my right shoulder on March 12th and am looking forward to returning to riding in about two or three months. Best wishes. Cheers, Patrizzio! Onward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment