Friday 31 May 2019

Early Morning Watering Can Blues: Friday, May 31st!

I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars. -Walt Whitman, poet (31 May 1819-1892)


Hello Umbrella Woman! "Good think" on my part to alert you to the need to keep brolly in car! Pleased you were not washed away! Were the wipers able to deal with the deluge? How much charge did you have before you plugged in? Any trouble finding the hotel?

Executive summary: Two questions. 1) Any word about tires? Let me know. 2) Please read over Net Metering Agreement as I'd like to phone Jake back today to set up a meeting, for late Monday afternoon, for us to sign contract. Sooner that is done the sooner we will be able to have system inspected and initiated. We can ask our questions at meeting. I don't think our concerns about accruing a balance will be addressed at this time anyway, but the start of a slow process.

Now that you have departed, the early morning kittens seem to be less inclined to agitate for care and feeding, at 6:00 am, or earlier, as I was not bothered, at all, until I woke at just after 8:00 am, with a furry, purr machine on my tummy, El Diablo asleep on the chair opposite. Miss Etta hopped away at my first movement and Duke found his way to the watering hole for a morning quench. Etta had gone outside so it was only The Boy who ate his dish of "wet" cat food, licking the counter clean as I prepared my java. As soon as it was ready I went outside to water the front garden, joined by two very concerned supervisors! Both were quite comfortable with the nozzle spray and didn't dash away but rather stood quite close to ensure I missed nothing!
 
Lovely, lovely morning and Wild Bill, topless, was eating his cereal on front deck. [I expected to read you ran with the garden hose to cool off topless Bill. Either you're slacking off, or you're getting wise and keep such deeds out of the newspapers. Had it been his curvaceous wife I certainly would have done so, hoping to make front page news! Off course topless downtown Penticton is not newsworthy, but a white male watering a hot house flower certainly would trigger the metoos. Especially when I was bottomless! That would do it.] He complimented us on our front garden. Soon as I was finished front, I went to the back and used the water from both barrels to fill the watering cans and then to work my way around patio. Etta deserted me to hop up onto the louvres, to scrabble about, while Duke spent most of his time investigating the water in the cans and buckets I was using. 

Net Metering Agreement - 611 Burns Street Good day Patrick, Further to our phone conversation today, attached is the net metering interconnection agreement for you and Corinne to review. Please let me know if you have any questions about the agreement. Once you and Corinne are available to sign it, please call me directly to set up a time to meet with me and sign. Thanks. Jake Stewart, Land Administration Assistant

 
Back inside and the phone rang. It was Jake Stewart from the City's Land Administration Dept. He wanted my email address so as to be able to send us the Net Metering Contract. We both have to sign it, as co-owners of the house, so he wanted us to look it over beforehand in case we had any questions. 

I'll attach it to this message for your perusal. I'm going to phone Jake back as soon as I've sent this message to set up an appointment, as late as possible, on Monday afternoon, to give you time to be back in Penticton. Once we go to City Hall we'll be able to start the process. Once this is done, City will send out an inspector to approve work by Argon and then system can be initiated. Mildly annoyed at all this bureaucratic, [although necessary], delay as we are not generating any power on these wonderfully clear, hot, hot days!

Must away as I want to ready my yogurt. Fondestos to Linda and remind her that I'll come over, once you are back, and take gate apart, unless she can have it taken away. Stay well. Love and Cheers, My Darling, your Adoring Patrizzio!
I an only see the first page. Make the meeting for 4 or later. Just charged up at Langley Event Centre at Greenlots, where I had to pay $9.00, charged up to 526 km. Lots going on at meeting. Love CoraLee Hello Your Greeness! Wow! 526 km is a record! I'll have a Gold Medal waiting for you if you are here in time for 3:30 pm meeting, Monday afternoon! That is our appointment slot so leave in plenty of time, Procrastinator!

Had saved the bottoms of the asparagus we had a few days ago so when I needed a break I decided I'd steam them first and then used the handy-dandy, handheld Kitchen-Aid blender I received from Chloƫ for Christmas, to pulverize some of the tougher bits. Then I added the container of Broccoli Bisque stock Lynne had given to us on Friday and kept blending until I had a smoothie! Part of tonight's dinner. I spit on the Sonoma Restaurant at Burrowing Owl! Must away as I want to stat on my first set of shouldares! Happy United Church politicking! Cheers, Keeper of Kittens and Galloping Gardener/Electrical Gadget Gourmet Patrizzio!
 
PS: This just in from Bruno: "I was talking last night to my pot-smoking friend, John Lepp, from La Broquerie, as his name came up in a discussion where his sister-in-law, Agnetta Dyck, expressed hope the sauna he is building out of pallets in his backyard would be ready when she visits next week, to which I thought to myself "Good luck with that!" Pics: Farewell to the Naramatians; Go Argon; El Diablo! Kitchen Aid and the livin' is easy! Our son Thi is going to travel to Ukraine, Hungary and Romania, so my brother asked what in hell is he going there for, to which I replied: "I have no clue where his idea of travelling to Central Europe comes from. It's not as if his parents or uncles were globetrotters... If we exclude trips to Bali, Syria, Argentina, the Arabian Peninsula, East Africa, Vietnam, Fiji, Jamaica, Norway, Central America, Reef, California, Bulgaria, Iceland, Rajasthan, Iran, Ecuador, Sardinia, Vietnam, Peru, Dominican Republic and the Sahara. Thierry has his work cut out if he wants to beat their carbon footprint, which could feed the Fontainebleau forest for a century." :-) Bruno 
 
Hi again, Jet-Setters! Very, very good thing, indeed, that we will be off-setting your family's considerable carbon Fontainebleu footprints with our solares and eKona! [Cool car, cool cat, Caol Isla Cool looking car! They finally figured peeps who care about the environment don't necessarily want to be seen driving a toad ;-) And the mileage :-O I bet going down the mountain she watched the battery recharge.] Did you mean Buona Fortuna with dopester's completion of sauna or enduring Jawohl Mein General Agneta's visit! Or both? [Sorry, I misunderstood you at first, so I meant completion by next week ,but yeah, the latter probably applies too :-)  Yes her royal highness Agneta’s visit to Manitoba] Must away as I want to start work on my office. Another task left for me by Her Imperiousness! Cheers, Keeper of Kittens and Galloping Gardener/Electrical Gadget Gourmet Patrizzio! Pics:  Tier-Two Charger and associated electrical panel/box. ["Put your money where the sun does shine". Duke enjoying rolling around! 

Hello Ex-Naramatians and Tinsel Towners, et al! Trust everyone made it to their respective destinations, safely and without so much as a side-saddle hitch! Cheers, Patrizzio! Wild fire: <https://www.summerlandreview.com/news/fire-spotted-in-the-south-okanagan/>
 
Hi Pat, Thanks for the medical name. My friend appreciates it. I see that you are also plagued by the smoke of the Northern Albertan fires, but I'm sure it didn't dampen the lovely meal and musical evening you experienced. I'm glad all of your electric and solar advances are working so well for you. Three cheers for moving into the future with such grace! Ruth 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment