Thursday 6 June 2019

Dr Troy and the Shouldare 6th Birthday Blues: Thursday, June 6th!

It's impossible to be loyal to your family, your friends, your country, and your principles, all at the same time. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (6 Jun 1913-1983) 
 

Must away as I have to ready myself for an appointment with my surgeon, at the Cast Clinic at PRH, another x-ray beforehand, to make sure all is well with new shoulder. Will take the  opportunity to plug our Kona into one of the twenty free chargers available to public in parkade. 

Still waiting for city to send out an inspector to approve solar panels and related work so that we can start generating our own juice and using our own charger. On another city matter, we had requested another tree be planted, on front boulevard, closer to our neighbour's property, and supervisor for this program droppped by yesterday morning and said he would approve one, to be planted this Fall. Very pleased about this as we are more than delighted with the Hawthorne that was planted, right in front of our place, two years ago. Amazing how quickly it has grown. Its flowers, a month or so ago, were simply gorgeous. Fondestos from Lady Dar, just out of bed, now out watering front yard. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: First garlic scapes and zucchini; Marps and Colin; Malt Tipplers; West My Friend; One of the lovely homes along Penticton Creek.
 

Good Morning Karen and Patrick: Hazel forwarded me your request to be a 50/50 volunteer for the Dream. I am Carole her volunteer coordinator. WELCOME!!!!!! This is how it works: ​I will be sending out the lists with the available dates. Just put your name beside the date you want and send it to "REPLY ALL". Please do not send any emails to Hazel. When the list is full I will forward it to her. If you have any questions or if there is any discrepancies, email me or call me and we will figure it out.  
 
Carole: I am available for Friday, June 7th and Saturday, June 29th, if you need me. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Dream's 50/50 volunteers: June is now full, thank you everyone.  Will be working on July as soon as I have all the acts and dates.

I had an appointment, this morning , with my surgeon, at the Cast Clinic at PRH, to make sure all is well with new shoulder. Took the opportunity to plug our Kona into one of the twenty free chargers available to public in parkade. Still waiting for city to send out an inspector to approve solar panels and related work so that we can start generating our own juice and using our own charger.

All went well with my shoulder examination and I will not see doctor again until mid-October, when we are back from Europe. Of course, I still have plenty of work ahead with my on-going exercises. In the early evening we had been invited to Avery's sixth birthday party so around 5:30 pm we drove up to Sendero where Rebecca and Corey have a lovely home there, not all that far from Chloë's townhouse. 
 
All of the adults were fellow RCMP officers along with their partners and small children so it was quite a "busy" affair. Rebecca had prepared delicious pizzas, half of which were with gluten-free crusts, [Cauliflower based, in fact type Lady Dar often uses so Rebecca knew about them.], so everyone's dietary needs were catered to. Kids had eaten earlier and once adults were fed and watered we gathered around the kitchen table to sing Happy Birthday to Avery as she blew out the candles on her birthday cupcakes!

Chloë arrived after this as she had a strata meeting which wouldn't quit! I left half an hour later as I wanted to complete my shoulder exercises and Chloë said she would pop Lady Dar back home. They were playing the board game, Sorry, which Chloë had given to Avery. Hi Post-Birthday Party People! Thank you both for the wonderful, wonderful celebration! [Quite appreciated the complimentary ear-plugs!] Can hardly wait for Ragazza Rebecca's Sendero Pizzaria to open its doors and we can enjoy all the fixin's around the pool, sipping nothing but the most expensive of Okanagan wine! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Avery's It's My Party and I'll Play Sorry If I Want To!!
 
Hello, This is the invoice we received from Penticton Utility Corp to commission your system I am waiting to hear back from them to sort out the best and fastest way to get you array online. As soon as I hear back from the city I will contact you and let you know how we proceed. I will to my best to help in any way I can to expediate this final step. Thanks for your patience, my apologies for delay. Jonathan Southside: Thanks and Cheers. Onward! Patrizzio! Dear Patrick, This spring, I'm taking part in Stride to Turn the Tide, a national walk that supports the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign of the Stephen Lewis Foundation. I am walking to raise funds for African grandmothers living in the communities hardest hit by the AIDS pandemic. These indomitable women not only care for their grandchildren orphaned by AIDS, but lead the way with innovative programmes that are transforming their communities and altering the course of the pandemic on the African continent.
 

Please help me reach my fundraising goal! Every dollar truly counts and is so deeply appreciated, I couldn't do this without the support of my incredible network. To make a secure donation visit my fundraising page by clicking this link: My Personal Page Then look for the "Donate Now" button in the top-right corner and follow the steps from there.

If you'd like to learn more about the Grandmothers Campaign, and the work that your donation will be supporting, click here to watch a short video, and hear directly from African and Canadian grandmothers, and the community-based organizations that the Stephen Lewis Foundation supports. Thank you for your generous support, if you'd like to know more about my fundraiser and the Grandmothers Campaign, I'm happy to share. Warmly, Corinne Durston


Stride to Turn the Tide is a Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign initiative. Proceeds go to grassroots organizations in sub-Saharan Africa that support African grandmothers and the children intheir care. To learn more about these organizations, please visit www.stephenlewisfoundation.org or www.grandmotherscampaign.org


Dear Patrick, I want to take a moment to thank you, profoundly, for your support of Corinne Durston, who is raising funds and awareness for the grandmothers of Africa. Yes, this is clearly a form letter, but our gratitude to each and every one of you who receives this note is personal, real, and heartfelt! Your meaningful gift will provide vital support to our community-based partners who are working with such tenacity and vision on the frontlines of the AIDS pandemic in Africa – and we cannot thank you enough. As you probably know, the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign (www.grandmotherscampaign.org) raises awareness and funds for the grandmothers of Africa who are raising a generation of children orphaned by the AIDS pandemic. But did you know that a full 90% of your donation will go directly into the hands of the grassroots organizations supporting the grandmothers with life-enhancing and effective programmes? 
 
Now a global movement, the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign has contributed to the staggering $33 million raised for community-based organizations run by and for African grandmothers! This means that they can pay for school fees for the grandchildren, grow and harvest crops for their families and for sale at market, create local savings and loan groups, learn and teach others about HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, and amongst many other valuable initiatives, they can provide the emotional and transformative support that rebuilds resilience. 

[A&P Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company 1929 Vintage Grocery Store Ad, Pumpkin] So we thank you with a full heart, you and Corinne, for your commitment and support – it means the world in the expert hands of African grandmothers and their grassroots groups, determined to turn the tide of AIDS. We are truly grateful. Warmly, Zahra Mohamed

Looking for a great way out of your daily chores and worries?? Take a hike! Well ... do we have a deal for you .... another great outing with your Fartogram friends! But firstly a big thank you to Hanneke for a great hike last Monday and, as always, the great hospitality afterwards with coffee, refreshment and ... YEEEH ... Chocolate Chip Cookies! Coming Monday, June 10, we will conquer the Summerland Pinnacles. We have not been there in a while and they are beautiful, the pinnacles themselves as well as the views from them. LET'S START AT 8:00AM to beat the warmer temperatures a bit. So, come together at 8:00AM at the IGA parking lot in Summerland. Pentictonites should gather at the Home Hardware parking lot to carpool to Summerland. Look forward seeing you Monday. Aarturos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment