Sunday 23 June 2019

Ride Don't Hide Blues: Sunday, June 23rd!









Think we will bale on lunch.  Too many late nights.  We have to pack up here by 10.30 and lunch would make us home a lot later.  Need to be fresh for the drive.  Hope to see you in Vancouver.  Pauline and mick.  Will phone later. ok have a safe drive home. Thanks for the great supper and visit. Hugs corinne

Hi Polly and Mick! Trust you are safely home by now. Let me echo Lady Dar's thanks for a wonderful evening. Terrific to see all of your grandchildren as well as most of your offspring and their partners. Sorry things didn't work out for lunch but understand.



Hi Pat: Since I talked to you I didn’t reply, but then I started thinking ,mmmm, I had better answer this email -lol!! I’m really looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday! I’ll update you on my life over a nice glass of wine! My treat!!!!!
Here’s my grandson Benson, is he not the cutest baby you have ever seen? See you Tuesday ! I’ll send you an update on my flight in Tuesday just in case it is late !
[Hi again: Arrival -AC 12:12 pm]
Love Rhoda



Hello Hello Patrick and Corrin: So sorry to miss Book Club yet again. What a fascinating book………….WOW. I have company until Wednesday when I will be making a trip to Salmon Arm to drive my girlfriend back. Say hi to all. See you all soon ok. Love & Hugs from Von Bingen 😊😊😊😊😊
Hello Scattered Von Bingen! You obviously need a personal assistant as book club is not until Wednesday, July 24th, 2019! Senka will host if she is back in time, Michelle otherwise. I'll let people know when I know. Fondestos from Lady Dar, busy working on the wedding she is to perform this coming Sunday, at Walnut Beach Resort, in Osoyoos. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Farmers' Market, [with friends from Winnipeg!] Car Show and Balsamic Bliss in action at a Burns Street BBQ with Chloë and Flamin'! Prickly Pear in our front garden: Lady Dar's [aka Corinne! Note spelling for your PA!], favourite corsage as it matches her personality!



Chloë and I participated in CMHA's Ride Don't Hide, [We walked!], this morning. Perfect weather as it was cool. Started at the KVR Middle School, just a block or so away from us, at 8:30 am. Route was along KVR to the Little Tunnel, for bikers, but we walked to the parking lot, just below Naramata Road, the 12 km turnaround spot. On the way back, just before, and then past, Vancouver Avenue we came across a number of deer grazing beside the trail, not at all fusssed but keeping a close eye on us, nevertheless! Finished with a very tasty bbq. [Had you been able to join us for lunch, I would have come home as we were back close to noon.] I had two burgers! Some of the prizes were remarkable: a bike rack from Swagman, one that we have. Friend, Pam's husband, Bill, won a spiffy helmet. Conflict of interest as she is on the board of local CMHA Chapter! Unfortunately, my ticket was in my camel pack and I gave it to Chloë to take home as she wasn't coming to bbq. Anyway, a very worthy cause and loads of fun. Thanks again for terrific visit. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pamela! Great event so thanks for letting us know about it. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Start of event and then shots along the route. [Bumped into Heather Miller from hiking group, also walking for event.] Latest harvest!

Wow, Chloë Alexis & Patrizzio. All we can say is, wow. You must be tired after the momentous showing that you and other Ride Don’t Hide riders made today. But you should also be deeply proud of what you accomplished. Being seen, standing tall, showing up for mental health. You truly did bring mental health into the open, sparking light in the dark and paving the way for others to get the help and support they need. You showed the world that none of us are alone in taking care of our mental health. A heartfelt and sincere thank you. The Ride Don’t Hide Team P.S. Sleep tight, knowing that your efforts have helped make the world a little bit better than before.


No comments:

Post a Comment