Tuesday 4 June 2019

Lady Dar and The Walking Wounded Blues: Tuesday, June 4th!

Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. -Robert Fulghum, author (b. 4 Jun 1937)


Poor, ailing, Lady Darjeeling was still feeling feverish, aching bones and all, when she woke this goodly morn so dispatched me to water garden, both front and back, and vegetable beds. This I did after preparing my necessary java. Duke joined me, a few minutes later, although he was a sleepy lad on his planter, with a folded towel, for extra comfort, atop the cabinet bed, in Rumpus Room. Had a brief chat with Wild Bill, en route to have his own java, with mates somewhere in town. He is off rainbow trout fishing, on Thursday, to a resort somewhere north of the Connector. After I'd watered the front I added some soil to the planter beside the front door as I assumed Lady Dar was too, too weak to accomplish this task, one she had mentioned she was planning to do, for over a week now! 
 
While watering planting on boulevard I noticed that we had surrounded the shrubs there with quite a few large stones, taken from elsewhere in garden. I now plan to use them to line the "stream bed" closest to the raised beds as ones I've used there are far too small and the hose pulls them all over the place whenever one needs to reach that part of the yard. Always one more task!

I plan to beaver away at catching up on my correspondence and then start on my shouldares. Have an appointment for a back X-ray at 3:00 pm this afternoon. Lower, right side has been bothering me for a few weeks now so I am a tad concerned. Funnily enough it is sorest when I lie down and is hardly noticeable when I'm upright. Slight tenderness when I walk but nothing like agony I've endured, in past, whenever I've pulled a back muscle. To tell the truth, I'm worried that it might have something to do with my two, fairly recent hernia operations after hearing about problems with various meshes, etc., used to repair one thing or another, deteriorating and causing all sorts of problems, often quite serious! 

Hello Tinsel Towners, et al! Thanks for the lovely snapolas of Babykins! Adorable indeed! Went outside a few minutes ago as I wanted to take a snap of gorgeous Iris. Nearing the end of their bloom but still inordinately lovely. While I was taking a few shots Duke emerged from his favourite spot, under cover of the lavender on front berm and proceeded to roll about on the sidewalk. 
 
I went inside and returned with the hair brush and he loved his full body massage! He rolls from side to side and purrs when I groom his head and tummy! As Chloë mentioned, we will soon be able to weave a blanket! Now, must really away to start my shouldares. Fondestos from Mama Pajama to one and all. Love, Dad/Patrizzio! Pics: Yogurt Thief this morning; Dusty's Iris; Hair brush! Jax pulls a Duke❤️ Hi Jax et al! What a simply adorable pooch! I knew he was very loving from what Lady Dar had said when she visited shortly after Olivia's birth but hadn't really seen such good close-ups before. He really is a handsome fellow, just like the Little Chap. Both he and Etta have been sleeping the day away, Etta on back patio, Duke under one of the yellow chairs at front. 

When I was doing my shoulder exercises on the bed in the guest bedroom, earlier this evening, Etta hopped up beside me and stayed at my feet until I was finished. She did the same yesterday so she's much more supportive than Lady Dar who doesn't want to have anything to do with me when I'm performing my various stretches! Must away as I want to have s shower before I go to bed to read. Mama Pajama is glued to Shetland in the Rumpus Room, annoyed that I finished the series without her! Much love to one and all. Cheers, Dad! Pics: The Sleepy Boy keeping The Penticton Patient company earlier this evening!

Hello Vivacious Vicentians! Trust all goes well in Trumped Up Trumpland! Fondestos from an Ailing Royal to you both. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Will look at pics back in Berkeley. Waiting for plane to taxi onto runway in Denver, spent almost 2 weeks with Brent and Krista in their fabulous mountain home, bear cabin. Some fine Bordeaux and Brent's expert culinary arts. Can't wait see our cat! Glad to hear the latest, hope Corinne is feeling better. Fasten your seatbelt! Cactus 
 
Hi High Flyers! Trust all went well on your flight home and that your cat showered you with love! Wow! Two weeks of The Lives of The Rich and Famous! You will hardly be able to tolerate ordinary Canucks when next we visit, if we have the temerity to do so!

Lady Dar seems to be on the mend so that is reassuring, although she remains an Über Grump! Recovery, if not complete, is a good thing as friends, Jo-Anne and Colin, will be here for lunch tomorrow. Apparently they wish to dine at one of the wineries but I'd prefer to eat here. Guess will have to wait and see what will be decided. As you can tell, Jancis seems to be on The Painted Rock Bandwagon! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Yogurt Thief needs a nap!
Whisky sourcing Scottish Style 🌟 Hi Colin!Thanks for tip but plenty of malt in my cabinet already! See you tomorrow. Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment