Saturday 25 February 2017

East Side OK Falls Battery Blues: Saturday, February 25th!

A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives the rose. -Chinese proverb 
 



Douglas Dickerson checked in to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York Day 3: Reacquainting with Eqypt & Velazquez @ The Met then on to the Neue Gallery.

Hello Falcon Lakers! At least I assume you are back from Friday's extravaganza in Winnipeg! Did the doctor's office manage to reach you, Lady Dar? I gather you don't know your cell phone number either!

Had a wonderful meal with Josinta and Aarturo last night. In addition to a bottle of wine I took along two bedding plants. I picked up some tri-lights at Rona yesterday afternoon and the Garden Centre had shelves and shelves of such flowers. Not quite sure if it is warm enough for them to survive outside, just yet, but for $1.29 each, they certainly make attractive indoor features.

On the question of bridge, I'm trying to put together two tables for this coming Wednesday. I assume you will be leaving Vancouver around noon to arrive in Penticton around 6:00 pm. This is what schedule lists. With Josinta, Olga Polga, Naramata Goil, Famiglia Robson, you and I, we will have seven players. Can you contact Judy, from Flatlanders, to ask her if she is interested? If not, we can manage with dummy. I will ask Mary Lee if I can borrow her card table. Anyway, please let me know what you think.

Soccer Boy played an unbelievably rousing game on the bed this morning. I let them out at 6:00 am and went back to bed. He let me sleep until around 7:00 am and then blew the whistle to start the match. With great difficulty, I held out until 8:30 and then gave up. Plan to ride to OK Falls later today. Bright and sunny so should be a lovely outing. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Good morning... sorry about the late reply, its been quite busy in my world. I'll let the curator know that those two pieces are sold through email. I'll get ahold of you soon. Have a great weekend my friend. Hi Clayton! Don't worry about late reply. Funnily enough, on my ride today, I went through the roundabout near the PAG and I happened to see Paul Crawford on the sidewalk there. He was talking to a number of other people so I didn't want to interrupt. Pretty chilly, very strong wind today so I hope it is not as cold tomorrow when I plan to head out again. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Sun was shining again today so I was looking forward to my ride. By the time I'd played soccer with Duke, sent messages and eaten brunch it was about 1:45 pm. Managed to divert the felines long enough,  [Don't like to leave them outside when nobody is home.], to wheel my Trek out the door without them charging after me and I was off. Had planned to go to OK Falls but wanted to log a bit of distance beforehand as I wasn't going to take McClean Creek Road nor do the loop around Stag's Hollow so that ride would be shorter.

As well, I wanted to actually see how far I'd ridden yesterday. I think the battery on my Garmin needs to be replaced as it isn't holding a charge even when I leave it plugged in until readout say "Complete". This being the case I decided that I was only going to ride for an hour and a half, same time I usually clock on stationary bike. Today, however even though readout said 35% I thought I'd see if it would last long enough to record ride I had in mind. 

This changed, quite quickly, once I left PTC and was making my way along Lakeshore. The wind, today, was out of the south at 26 kph and although it was 2.2º, according to Garmin widget it was -3.3º! Of course, I wasn't complaining when it was at my back but heading into it was chilly indeed. After one loop along the lake I  headed up Vancovuer and did two loops of Middle and Upper Bench before returning home to see what I had clocked: 25 km, just as I had expected given that I've calibrated most of my routes and know the distances between various links and components. 

Pleased with my reckoning, I headed back to Government and the shoulder was almost completely covered with sand and slightly larger grit, as I knew it would be. However, street is wide enough for me to ride just off shoulder and still allow vehicles to pass without difficulty or real danger to me. South Main was marginally better but I was focused on the wind by then as I started to feel its full force there. When I reached the turn-off to the marina at Skaha Lake Park I felt like Scott of the Antarctic as the wind was truly frigid, raging across the still frozen surface of the lake, a real polar blast. Th left side of my face was actually numb while I rode across the boardwalk, although I was, otherwise, quite comfortable.

Knew I needed two loops of the park and adjacent streets so I grit my teeth and proceeded to execute them. Towards the end of the second, I decided not to return down South Main as I simply didn't want to face the raw, chilling wind off the lake any more than I had to. This being the case, I caught the light on Green and started up South Main, roughly 2 km further north than if I had returned to marina. Dipsdy-doodled my way back to Carmi to make up shortfall and was almost spot on when I turned onto White. Only needed to go past Burns for a couple of blocks before turning around to pull up on our back driveway.

Miss Etta was waiting for me, in her cosy, mini-bed on the bench in the garage. She dashed out as soon as I'd stowed my Trek. I followed her as I needed a bit of kindling and shortly thereafter, Duke joined us. Back by just before 4:00 pm. Didn't really need sunglasses as sun had disappeared shortly after I started out, and sky became quite dark and overcast, looking like it wanted to snow. First thing I did after I had shed most of my outer garb was light the fire I'd lais this morning. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1591776987#.WLIoAQzpy40.email

Hi Filmer! Tazer Gift Is that what happened to Kaitlyn and Scott? Must away as I need to put another log on the fire as well as bring in a bit more woo. Buona Fortuna with grandparenting! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi! Patrizzio ................... Mr. Social Butterfly!! I called you yesterday to see if you wanted to drop by our house for a drink or I could stop by for a visit with you. No answer!! Then after my Mah Jong game, I dropped by @ 7:00 pm & no answer. We are busy tonight going to a 40th anniversary dinner party @Brodo's.

I'm flying back to ON on Mar. 1 till Apr. 12th.
Hope to catch up with your for a drink & visit b4 I leave. I'm hiking on Mon. Feb. 27. Take care!!! See U soon!
Power Peanut Mary :-)

Hi Power Goil! Sorry I missed your call and your knock! I was probably out riding when you called and I left for Summerland at around 5:45 pm to have a wonderful meal with Josinta and Aarturo! I gather you will all be at Brodo's for Rita's/Wim's 40th anniversary. I'm sure it will be terrific. I'm trying to put together two tables of bridge for this coming Wednesday and to this end, would it be possible to borrow your card table? If so, I can pop over anytime it is convenient. Thanks, in advance. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Jos is holding a bowlful of walnut shells. One of chaps in hiking group shares them, Jumpin' Jack Flash, I think. I was given a bagful, as a bridge prize, by Spumoni. How is she doing, by the way? 

Sounds like you had a great evening. Were there any other guests? I email Judy and called Sally and had a good chat with her. Going into Winnipeg with George and Barb tomorrow to Pam's and will go to curling rink to watch Gregg in Manitoba senior men's. She will take me to the airport. Give kittens love rubs from me. Lady Dar

Hello Curling Fan! Great that Grog's team is doing so well in the Manitoba Senior Men's event! Give him my best wishes and congratulations! Thanks for sending note to Judy. [Hi Judy, could you join us for bridge on Wednesday? We start playing at 6:30 Thanks Corinne] We will be starting at 7:00 pm, [Once we know if she is coming I can send her time.], as I've invited Olga Polga for dinner, after her massage. She can entertain Duke and Etta when I leave to collect you. No, I was the only guest. Josinta is just too, too busy and frazzled with development business, skiing and Mah Jong! Still, it was a lovely meal with just the three of us.

Yesterday, had a message from Luise
. As you know, they don't live all that far from Jane so our VI trip is falling into place!
Miss Etta is in the Rumpus Room and Duke alternates between armchair and runner behind my computer. I had to play fetch when back from my ride and he was unbelieveable. So funny to see him racing back, ball in mouth, as I cry "Hurry Duke! Hurry!", his long legs going a mile a minute. He loves to have his tummy rubbed after each "fetch". Miss Etta usually only wraps herself around my legs when I'm on the toilette and has taken to gnawing on my knees, gently, and purring like a runaway outboard. Must away as I need to put another log on the fire as well as bring in a bit more wood. Hello and goodbye to all at Falcon, and Pam/boys. Travel safely and Buona Fortuna with Sky Train/bus. Call me after the Oscars. I'll probably watch them. Fondestos, Love and Cheers, Duhlink!  Patrizzio!

I would like to join you for bridge on Wednesday. Thanks for invite! pls send me your address.JudyHi Judy come at 7pm to 611 Burns. Looking forward to seeing you Cheers Corinne

Hi Turtle Man! No time to miss Lady Dar. She flying back from Winnipeg, to Vancouver,  tomorrow but once in Vancouver, she'll have to take Sky Train and bus to Chloë's as her daughter is hosting an Oscar Party! Cheers, Patrizzio!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment