Saturday 18 February 2017

Feline Soccer Match at Seven-Thirty Blues: Saturday, February 18th!

I wish our clever young poets would remember my homely definitions of prose and poetry; that is, prose, - words in their best order; poetry, - the best words in their best order. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge, poet, critic (1772-1834)





Hello Grand Slammers! I will hosting this coming week. I trust that The Arizonans will have arrived home safely, today, I gather, and will be able to join us. Please let me know who plans to play and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks to Josinta for hosting last week and to Naramata Goil for being such a wonderful chauffeur and phenomenal wine supplier! Poplar Grove Cabernet Franc which Olga Polga drank like a sailor on shore leave! Cheers, Patrizzio!Pics: Before and after! Patrick, I have a meeting this Weds so I won't make Bridge at your house. Wasn't "The Eagle Huntress" a great film? Hi Chauffeur/Meeting Woman! Sorry you won't make game. Hi Chauffeur/Meeting Woman! Sorry you won't make game. Yes, I certainly enjoyed EH, most interesting and fabulous scenery, etc. Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Where is Naramata! Picture taken, shortly after take-off, I gather, by Toshi, visiting former Japanese boarder, this past Tuesday!

Arizonans have currently paddled through all the rain as far as Idaho. Due to continue upward trek on Monday and docking in Penticton in the late evening. Hopefully we'll both be able to make our way to Burns St on Wednesday (it's downhill from Spiller so shouldn't be a problem!) and we look forward to reacquainting ourselves with Canadian culture!! Can't remember what time is good to arrive for such events? Cheers and many thank you's for the invite. G&P
Hello Idaho Potatoe People! Glad you have made it through all the rain! [It's been raining, here, steadily, but lightly, for most of day.] Grand that you'll be back in time for Wednesday's game. Certainly look forward to catching up. Lady Dar is in Winnipeg, visiting her parents. She'll be back on March 1st. Just me and the kittens! Enjoy Idaho! Travel safely and drop me a line when you are home, if you've a moment. If not, see you anytime after 6:30 pm on Wednesday. Fondestos to you, Filipo, and to my darling Gilliana! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Dearest Valentino, Thank you for thinking of me during this special time of the year. You are a good friend as well as bridge mentor! here's sending you both warm valentine wishes even though they are a tad bit late I'm sure they are every bit as cheery. Hugs, Olly Hi Olga Polga! Glad you enjoyed the card. However, I think of you all the time, Babycakes, not just on special occasions! Had a message from Gilliana and Phillipo, from Idaho, and they plan to be home, late Monday so they plan to play on Wednesday. Will you be playing? Hope so. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Morning, Patrick -- That was a lovely Valentine's greeting (although I did worry a bit about Chudleigh, out there alone in the dark) . . . and we appreciate the roses. I'll probably look at this again from time to time. Bouquets to you and Corinne -- but we do miss you. Best always from Jack and me, Jane Hi Jane and Jack! Glad you enjoyed the card! Trust you are both well. We miss you two, very much, in fact! I'll be in Vancouver on Wednesday, March 8th so if you are around, during the day, on either Thursday of Friday, perhaps we could arrange to have a coffee somewhere, and a bit of a catch-up. That would be grand! Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Fondestos to you both. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Falcon Fontainebleu! Trust you are playing bridge and drinking expensive wine! I had the following message from Jane, (See above.) I replied, telling them I'll be in town in March, suggesting we meet, for a coffee, if they are free. I think you should try to give them a call if you can't see them. Must away as I have kittens to entertain! Love, Patrizzio! No bridge wine not expensive. Watching Saturday Night Live mom in background muttering about chicken. Off to bed soon Good night love Hello Land Of Nod! Sounds like you need to come home and let me take over for you! Rosita was probably muttering about the overleft chicken I ate for dinner tonight! Don't know why as it was delish and Parrot Boy wanted some. Even Miss Etta was sniffing around. She is on chair beside me so must away as she obviously needs some attention! Sleep well, Duhlink! Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: I thought you weren't going to drink cheap wine anymore!
 
Patriçio, As you live in a bear infested area, you may appreciate this. A man wakes up one morning to find a bear on his roof. So he looks in the yellow pages and sure enough, there's an ad for "Bear Removers." He calls the number, and the bear remover says he'll be over in 30 minutes. The bear remover arrives, and gets out of his van. He's got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a mean old pit bull. 

"What are you going to do," the homeowner asks? "I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, then I'm going to go up there and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van.” He then hands the shotgun to the homeowner. "What's the shotgun for?" asks the homeowner. "If the bear knocks me off the roof, shoot the dog."

Hi Ragin'! Great to hear from you! Trust you are well. With respect to coming bridge evening on Thursday, March 9th, chez Penguin, I was wondering if you could contact Peter and Carolyn to see if they would be interested in joining us. So far, we need another two players to make up two tables.

Enjoyed the bear remover BUT you should know that, technically, Naramata is bear country, according to posted signs, anyway, so I'll have to forward the joke to Jugos Dom Pedro, back from Florida on March 2nd but on business in Brazil, as I scribe! Let me know about Famiglia Cook and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Toshi and Gordon Lightfoot, Saturday! Attack Cats keep bears away from Penticton! Toshi's shot shortly after take-off, I gather!

Thank you for the cute card. We hac been digging out from two winter storms, nice sunny day today. Hi Winter Storm People! Great to hear from you, Anne, in spite of blizzards! Trust you and Kurt are both well. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: At Play; Toshi and Gordon Lightfoot; Parksville People leaving Sunday morning; The Sisterhood, Leavin' on a jet plane, Tuesday, at different times!

Thanks so much. Love M&T Hi M&T! Sounds like  multi-billion dollar corporation!
Great to hear from you! Trust everyone is well. Are you in Florida? How is Vera? Had a card from her at Christmas. Enjoyed our lunch/visit with her last summer.

When are you coming to visit? All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Luigi! Just back from PPL and I have a copy of Lisa's book for you. Not due until March 22nd as I was able to obtain it on vacation loan. I am just off to Summerland to see about obtaining more copies for gang but you are welcome to pop by anytime you might be in town to collect it. Just let me know when so that I'll be around. Cheers, Patrizzio!

CONFIRMATION Yes, there will be a hike. There is much less snow now, so we were thinking of going off well travelled trails which are icy and stay in the open areas. So, how about the S end of Conkle Mt, starting from the Golf course, having the Trout Creek bend on our left, slowly gaining elevation and making a CW loop back down. The usual arrangements: 9:00 IGA, 3 hrs max, coffee to follow. Al and Chuck
 
Hi Duhlink! Sounds wonderful! Book me in. Just back from PPL where I picked up one copy of February then home to phone ORL in Summerland and found out I could borrow from them. Put my bike on car and dropped it off a Freedom, for a tune-up before heading to Summerland. Stopped for a fill-up at PetroCan but all their pumps were down so went across street to Esso. I guess you have Air Miles card. Will have to look for mine. Not sure where I put it. Perhaps it is with your All Seasons password!

The new library is a lovely building, new in 2015, I believe. Staff were very friendly and helpful and I chatted with Sue Cline who leads Marian's book club. They had just finished when I arrived but I guess everyone had already gone. At any rate, I obtained three copies for group so I think that should be fine. Kit was already booked, not that that really matters, given size of our club.

Had a message from Yanti thanking me for snapolas. She mentioned she will be at The Dream on March 25th but since it will be with same group, I don't know if you are interested. I'd like to support both her and Dream but! Let me know what you think though I think we have plenty of time to decide, one way or another. Lynne and Peter might like to go as they know her fairly well. Kittens are sleeping, Duke on blanket, in Rumpus Room, Etta in her bed in garage. I guess I'll drive them off shortly as I'm going to ride. Raining lightly but steadily here. Are you playing any bridge? Had a message from Gilliana and Fillipo, from Idaho. Progress has been very slow, apparently, due to all the rain. Gather LA is swimming! Any way, they plan to be home, late on Monday and are delighted to play bridge on Wednesday. Will be great to see them again. Love to the gang. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Your favourite kittens! Before I went to Summerland I had another wonderful soccer session with Duke. He blocked all my throws and then he would purr and purr and purr while I rubbed his tummy. He was so affectionate, his bright little eyes riveted on the ball. He retrieve it immediately when I tossed it into the living room, carrying it in his mouth, dropping it near my hand and then crouching down for more! Not sure where Miss Etta was. Vampire Cat!


Hello Lisa Moore Readers! Just back from PPL where I picked up one copy of February then on to ORL in Summerland where I obtained three more copies for group. One copy is already promised to Luigi but the other three are up for grabs. For those who need a copy, you are welcome to pop by anytime you might be in town/neighbourhood to collect book. Just let me know when so that I'll be around. I'm home all evening tonight and same for tomorrow, basically throughout the day/evening, although I will be riding a stationary bike, in the Rumpus Room, at various times, so best to let me know when to expect a Book Thief as I will have the volume, on Netflix, turned up and might not hear door bell! When by, stay for a java or something stronger, if you'd like. Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: I also need to disarm Guard Cats before you arrive! Please note "fangs" on Vampire Cat. We usually tip them with
Curare!
Thanks so much!  Didn't see this or would have dropped by today. I'll let you know before I drop by to make sure you're there. Take care! Hi Luigi! Okay, I'll be here. You can call or drop me a line. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hey Patricio, how ya all doing. Can you refresh my fading memory and give me the name of your friend we visited and I golfed with here in Palm Springs a couple years back. Heather and I thought they might be here now and we could get together for a golf match. If he is here, do you have a phone # for them? Say hello to Corinne for use and Heather also send her greetings. Hi Giuseppe and Heather! Nice life you lead! You need to make a long, long distance call to Peter Lighthall as he and Lynne are in Florida this year! However, Peter is in Brazil, on business, for a week or so. They will be back in early March so you better plan to come to Penticton to golf! Lady Dar is in Winnipeg, visiting her parents. She'll be back on March 1st. Just me and the kittens! Enjoy Palm Springs. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks for the information Patricio. Enjoy the solitude. Bye!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment