Monday 13 February 2017

Last Minute Shopping For Hearts On Fire Blues: Monday, February 13th!

The crucial disadvantage of aggression, competitiveness, and skepticism as national characteristics is that these qualities cannot be turned off at five o'clock. -Margaret Halsey, novelist (13 Feb 1910-1997) 






Hello Resource Works Facts People! Trust you are both well, not wasting any of your more than valuable time hugging trees but rather further despoiling the environment! Must apologize for not being in touch sooner, probably since before Christmas, I'm ashamed to say! Life has been and continues to busy ever since we returned from Tinsel Town. 

[Interesting Resource Works Facts: http://www.resourceworks.com/think-again]


Before stopping at Upper Bench, on way home, yesterday, I snapped a photo of latest winery to go up, almost beside them, Roche. Dylan Roche was the winemaker at Intersection, out of Oliver, until last year. I knew he and his wife, Penelope, were planning to build their own winery but didn't realize it was going to be located on Upper Bench Road. Her parents owned a winery/chateau in Bordeaux so I assume they are behind the new venture, having sold the estate in France!

I met them, cycling, on McLean Creek Road in June of 2015, just after we moved here, and we have seen them at the Farmer's Market from time to time. Not sure if I ever mentioned it or not but Bruce Schmidt, one of owners of Intersection, is the third husband of  Ginette Bertrand, married, at one time, to a very close friend of mine, Andrew Sredzki, in Winnipeg. We were all close friends back in the '60's. We reconnected with Ginette after she moved to Vancouver in the '80's. Must away as I'm off to do a bit of pre-Valentine's Day shopping! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick! Thanks for your newsy note. You always have stuff on the go. As for bridge, I'm going to take a bit of time off.... For at least the rest of the month. Hopefully I'll see you all in March! Hugs, Pam

It would be great if you could bring a cat for a visit. Just let me know when would be a good time for you. I'll be here most of the day. Or send me your phone number and we can talk about it. Thanks Colleen Hi Colleen! I'll be home most of the morning and afternoon so you can call and we'll organize a visit. Pretty flexible so you suggest what best works for you and Marcia. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Happy Valentine's Day from a Not So Secret Admirer! Glad I am in your address list. Hi Brenda Louise! Trust everyone is well. You are in my address book and Picasso is in my heart! All the best from Etta and Duke to you and your address book, and, more importantly, to Picasso! Cheers, Patrizzio! šŸ’– Kisses, kisses, kisses!!! 

Hi Patrick: Haven't heard from you so I am assuming that the book club date has not been confirmed with everyone. I have a bit of a hiccup. I have been nominated for one of the Penticton Art Council Awards, and the presentation is being held on March 2, the suggested night for starting our book club. ​I am not sure if I have to attend and find out there, or if they let a person know ahead of time so that only the recipient attends. I don't really think I will get beyond the nomination, however I am thrilled to have received it. ​ I just thought I should let you know. Perhaps you are away. If so hope you are having a great time. Dame Judith
 

Hi Dame Judith! Congratulations on being nominated for one of the Penticton Art Council Awards! I'd vote for you even if you didn't bribe me!!! Don't worry about March 2nd as I haven't heard form everyone and think first meeting will be a bit later in March. Can you let me know which Thursday might be free of awards nights, guest appearances on talk shows and CBC interviews with Peter?

No, we are not away but Lady Dar is off tomorrow ,for three weeks, or so, two of which, and a tad more, will be in Winnipeg, visiting her parents. Then she is flying back to Vancouver for her book club on February 27th, home on March 1st! Hello to Kevin. Fondestos to you both from Winterpeg/Manitscoldba Bound Woman! Thanks for letting me know about your schedule as you are an integral part of the new book club on the block! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pic: Lady Dar with Chloƫ, our youngest, living in Vancouver, with Pamela, Cora Lee's youngest sister, from Winnipeg, in Vancouver on business, up two weekends ago. They were auditioning for a new horror series to be shot, on location, in Naramata, at Monster Vineyards!
Scary photo. Thursday nights in March look good. We will have a Strata meeting either the 23 or 30 but they won't set it until Feb. meeting. Probably will be the 23rd Dame Judith

Hi Colleen! Just wanted to send along a few of the snaps I took this afternoon. I trust Miss Etta helped buoy Marcia's spirits a bit. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both at this so, so difficult, emotionally painful time. As I mentioned, please give me a shout or a message and I'd be delighted to visit again, either with Rambunctious Boy, Duke, or the more placid Miss Etta! Pics: Miss Etta and company! Alpine Cat and Siblings sleeping on shower mat in our bathroom!

Hi Patrick! Thanks for your newsy note. You always have stuff on the go. As for bridge, I'm going to take a bit of time off.... For at least the rest of the month. Hopefully I'll see you all in March! Hugs, Pam Hello The Sisterhood! Is everyone on for Wednesday at Josinta's? Spumoni isn't playing until March and Michaelo is, or will be, in Cuba, so just us chickens! Let me know and we'll plan accordingly!

On another note, Josinta, do you still want one of our tickets for The Kitchen Sink at 4:00 pm on Thursday? Please let me know as soon as you can as I would like to offer it to someone else if you don't want or need it. Thanks! Pics: I took Miss Etta to see Colleen and her sister, Marcia, at the hospice this afternoon. Motor Mary arrived just as we were about to leave



Hi all, Instead of snowshoeing on Thursday, several of us are going to downhill ski at Mount Baldy, as they have a $5 day pass for seniors. If you are interested and have yet to let anyone know, please send me a quick email as soon as convenient, so we have an idea of numbers.

Here is the plan: -meet at 0800 (yes, 0800) at Home Hardware parking lot in Penticton (0740 at IGA in Summerland) -carpool and drive to Mount Baldy -meet at the day lodge at Baldy at 1000, hopefully ready to go -ski! (with a stop for lunch) -return later in the day
Kilian informs me that they do allow snowshoeing at Mount Baldy. You can purchase a lift ride to the top for $5 if you wish.  
As I began, I have no plans to organize a snowshoe outing on Thursday. However, if anyone else wishes to do so, please get in touch with me and I will supply you with the contact list. The next planned snowshoe will be on Thursday, February 23rd. Tentatively, we are talking of going to Wilson Lakes, west of Peachland. However, we will have to wait until closer to the time to see if snow conditions will be suitable. We will let you know. Cheers Jim

OK, so I wasn’t very careful with the dates in my last email Wednesday, February 15th skiing at Mount Baldy instead of a Thursday snowshoe. Thursday, February 16th…….if anyone wishes to organize a snowshoe outing, please feel free. Thursday, Fevruary 23rd………snowshoeing again, perhaps to Wilson Lakes. I hope it is clearer now! Cheers, Jim 

Hi Patrick—Good to hear from you and to learn that life goes on pretty much as usual for all denizens of Burns Street. Can’t say I was really thrilled to see so much snow still in your pictures, though. Fortunately, I can put snow and other reminders of winter-in-the-Okanagan out of my mind for a little while yet. The weather here continues to be practically perfect and getting better all the time. My only complaint is that it is too humid! I do not like never feeling completely dry. 

We had a great visit with Ann and Gary, including a three-night road trip to Key West (two nights at a fabulous new hotel complex a bit north of KW proper—Oceans Edge Key West; dinner one night at the hotel resto; dinner the second night at Latitudes, which is on a small private island just off KW proper) and Miami (one night at the newly refurbished Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables on the Miracle Mile and dinner at nearby Fratellino). The trip was to celebrate Gary’s 70th and was, I think, a great success. 
Neither he nor Ann had ever been to the Keys before and I think they were pleasantly surprised and impressed. (Thank God for that as the condo we’re renting is not too impressive especially compared to the Palm Desert house!) Neither had been to Miami either. In fact, Ann had never been to Florida at all. Gary had been to Cape Canaveral years ago on business in his other life. We saw them off on Friday morning and have been un-laxing at home for a couple of days to recover from all the celebratory eating and drinking. For a slim guy, Gary sure can pack it away. 
We went out for lunch today with our Ottawa and Florida friends Karen and John Brennan for a day-early celebration of John’s birthday. Imagine being born on Valentine’s Day?! Peter is off tomorrow late afternoon for Miami and from there to Brazil until the 24th. While he’s away I’m going to spend a few nights at my sister and brother-in-law’s place in Cape Coral and have a visit with my niece (Sue’s eldest daughter) who is coming down from Ottawa to stay with them for a few days next week. I haven’t seen Jenn since our nephew’s wedding in Mexico a few years ago.
I’ll return to Littlestone Court for a night or so and then spend a night with Karen and John at their Del Tura “manufactured” home. We have ten days to go after Peter is back from Brazil, and I know they will go by quickly. I’m hoping this very warm weather continues so that we may get to use the pool before we leave for good. Keep well. Keep warm. And take care of each other. Cheers,
Lynnie XO




No comments:

Post a Comment